Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

5 Days ,5 Countries (documentary film ) / Hiromi

Jazz+

For fans of Hiromi. She's not touring this year because she's having her first child. I've heard she sometimes lurks here... so maybe the non-fans really don't need to let us know for the umpteenth time that they are not into it. It's good when professional musicians show respect towards other musicians regardless of their taste. Maybe if you can't say anything nice then perhaps it's best to not say anything. Thanks.

[video:youtube]

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[video:youtube]

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

"Too many notes she doesn't have any soul I don't really feel it what are you talking about she is awesome lets see you do that I would never do that because I have soul I will take Bill Evans any day that's great but they do different things fine then I will take Oscar Peterson at least he had some soul she just smiles a lot and hasn't really developed she is great I saw her in 2012 yeah she was good then but now she reminds me of Kenny G all that mugging she can't help that she enjoys it when she plays I enjoy it too all technique no feeling I like it I hate it you don't know good music you are a racist and a sexist oh just because I said something about her I am now a racist and a sexist maybe you secretly hate Asians and women oh yeah well maybe you are Hitler."

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Thanks for the rant "quote"

Wow... thanks for the negative rant professor of soul, it's so useful, and it's already been said so many many times before. And a rant is all it is. It really says more about you than her.

"For fans of Hiromi. She's not touring this year because she's having her first child. I've heard she sometimes lurks here... so maybe the non-fans really don't need to let us know for the umpteenth time that they are not into it. It's good when professional musicians show respect towards other musicians regardless of their taste. Maybe if you can't say anything nice then perhaps it's best to not say anything. Thanks, Jazz+.. "

I am guessing you didn't read it...

(FYI, I love Hiromi. Now watch, soon Paxton will be here to say something about how quickly this thread went meta.)

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I would like to wish Hiromi a Happy Birthday (March 26) and wish her a another great year.

I wasn't a Hiromi fan initially for same reasons others have mentioned, BUT I started listening to her more and changed my mind and enjoy her DVD's and albums. So glad I took the time to take another listen.

I would like to wish Hiromi a Happy Birthday (March 26) and wish her a another great year.

I wasn't a Hiromi fan initially for same reasons others have mentioned, BUT I started listening to her more and changed my mind and enjoy her DVD's and albums. So glad I took the time to take another listen.

I took another listen and love it. :cheers:

MOI=brilliant

I got to see her 9 years ago in Japan with Stanley Clark and Lenny White-she was fantastic. Stanley kept talking to me through the set until Lenny and I moved to a different table. I hope she didnt notice.

I learned two of her 'easier' pieces from very fine transcriptions and they are an absolute joy to play. I see she shares a birthday with my wife.

Hiromi, if you indeed pass by on occasion: congratulations on your baby and a very happy birthday to you... from a huge fan.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

If you post things here (and by all means you have that right) expect people to have an opinion. I have never seen a pianist get so much attention on this forum every 6 months.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Math of Insects: I did read it and I took you seriously; I guess I didn't get the hidden message .

I love the second video where she plays "Haze". One of my all time favorite piano performances.

Rule #1: never explain a joke.

But I'll help... MOI simply combined all the negative and positive points that are always made about Hiromi/the subject, into a run-on sentence. To me it was a brilliant parody synopsis of the usual dialog that goes on.

You seem a bit touchy on the subject, but try to see it for what it was...

For fans of Hiromi. She's not touring this year because she's having her first child.

Twenty bucks says that baby will be able to play Fur Elise AT BIRTH. As for 'soul', I'll trade her 100% of my soul for 5% of her technique. That much technique IS soul.

Legend Exp,NC2x,Crumar Seven,KeyB Duo MK111,Nord C1,Nord C2D,Triton Classic,Fantom G7,Motif ES,SonicCell,BK7m,PA1x pro,VP770,TC Helicon,Leslie 3300,MS Pro145,EV SXA250(2),Traynor K4,PK7a,A70,DM10 Pro.

I have never seen a pianist get so much attention on this forum every 6 months.

Monty Alexander pops up quite frequently....

Yeah not as much as this chick though.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

"Too many notes she doesn't have any soul I don't really feel it what are you talking about she is awesome lets see you do that I would never do that because I have soul I will take Bill Evans any day that's great but they do different things fine then I will take Oscar Peterson at least he had some soul she just smiles a lot and hasn't really developed she is great I saw her in 2012 yeah she was good then but now she reminds me of Kenny G all that mugging she can't help that she enjoys it when she plays I enjoy it too all technique no feeling I like it I hate it you don't know good music you are a racist and a sexist oh just because I said something about her I am now a racist and a sexist maybe you secretly hate Asians and women oh yeah well maybe you are Hitler."

....For the win! (edit:I'm not sure, but I think I would have dug it even more if it were all in caps) :laugh:

Ya know, sometimes I like what she does, sometimes less so, but in everything I have seen she seems to get joy from it. If I could say that about the gigs I play I'd be happy. Live and listen and let others do the same.

There are some Youtubes of Hiromi as a child playing and she has those same smiles and joy when playing. I'm still struggling to learn piano and look forward to get to point of enjoying my own playing.

Archived