Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Harbor Freight "Apache" rifle case (Pelican copy) on sale

tfort

In my weekly Harbor Freight coupon email, just noticed a hard rifle case on sale that will fit a lot of keyboards:

Harbor Freight Apache 9800

The web page shows it for $140, but with the coupon code 46510024 the price drops to $100.

Interior dimensions: 50-3/8 in. x 13-5/8 in. x 5-1/8 in.

DB/mods: I know forum policy is generally to not promote certain retailers/prices, but thought that since this isn't really favoring one music retailer or music industry product it would be okay. If not, feel free to delete.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha Ha!! I can see it now: I pull up to the gig and haul a big huge rifle case into the club. People begin to nervously edge towards the door. Muttering "I'll show you all" to no one in particular, I open up the rifle case and pull out.....my keyboard. Fooled ya!!!

J.S. Bach Well Tempered Klavier

The collected works of Scott Joplin

Ray Charles Genius plus Soul

Charlie Parker Omnibook

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

Weather Report Mr. Gone

Or as Elvis Costello might tell us: "my aim is true".

Buying this for keyboards is a bit of a shot in the dark. 'Cause where keyboard cases are concerned, there is no silver bullet. But some may want to just shoot from the hip and pull the trigger on this. Me, I'm not gonna go off half-cocked, better to wait for the smoke to clear. I knew a guy who worked as a hired gun - he was a vegun - he got the wrong case and went ballistic when he realized it.

J.S. Bach Well Tempered Klavier

The collected works of Scott Joplin

Ray Charles Genius plus Soul

Charlie Parker Omnibook

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

Weather Report Mr. Gone

You'll get killed . . .the cops will kill you. They'll think you are more of a lunatic than you already are (about keyboards that is)!

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Ha Ha!! I can see it now: I pull up to the gig and haul a big huge rifle case into the club. People begin to nervously edge towards the door. Muttering "I'll show you all" to no one in particular, I open up the rifle case and pull out.....my keyboard. Fooled ya!!!

I unload my 7.62 Ammo Case first. Come back and get my Standtastic Stand and a pair of handgun cases that hold an HX-3 and the SE-02.

This tends to fend off possible dirtbags thinking Id be an easy score.

Its obvious Im a musician once the speakers are loaded in, but it doesnt hurt keeping a mic in your front right pocket the whole time too.

The Pelican cases are excellent quality and it might not be visible but those little squares of sponge can be removed to perfectly fit any item.

Dont throw those away.

Thats a sweet looking case for 100 hundred bucks.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

I have a Pelican 1750 Case that I used with a Nord Stage / Electro 73. I bought it without the foam insert and instead used my red gig bag as padding inside. The combination is the best flight case I've ever used. I kept the case when I sold out of Nords but I will sell it, nudge nudge wink wink.

I bought it shortly after 9/11 when I was flying on armed forces show tours (multinational version of USO) to the Middle East. The least I can say is that it attracted a lot of attention at the airports!

Here for the gear.

In my weekly Harbor Freight coupon email, just noticed a hard rifle case on sale that will fit a lot of keyboards:

The web page shows it for $140, but with the coupon code 46510024 the price drops to $100.

Dang...so close. Was looking for a cheap hard case for my Stage 3:

Height: 4.7"

Width: 50.7"

Depth: 13"

Just a hair short.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I use a very similar (gun) case for my Hammond SK-1 73 and it works great! Cant remember but I think mine was less than $100.
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Just a hair short.

Converting the mm, it looks like the stage is really 50.66. The case is 50.38. Less than .3 of an inch...might be worth trying out to see how exact those numbers really are.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Converting the mm, it looks like the stage is really 50.66. The case is 50.38. Less than .3 of an inch...might be worth trying out to see how exact those numbers really are.

Yeah, thought about that. But I'm knee deep in holidays/moving to a new house/end of year work rush/etc. So probably going to let it slide for now. I have a semi-rigid case that works fine and I'm the only one hauling the Stage, so not urgent.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

"Sorry, the coupon code you have entered is not valid."

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Just a hair short.

Here's one that might fit your board.

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Double-Scoped-Rifle-Wheels/dp/B0029KDHQI/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542845804&sr=8-4-fkmr2&keywords=apache+rifle+case

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Just a hair short.

Here's one that might fit your board.

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Double-Scoped-Rifle-Wheels/dp/B0029KDHQI/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542845804&sr=8-4-fkmr2&keywords=apache+rifle+case

Thanks! I'll check it out.

www.stickmanor.com

Okay, made the trip to HF in the next town. They did honor the coupon number at the store. It's going to take some pick-and-pluck work, but the AX Edge will just fit.

The case also has wheels at one end and a handle at the other. I'll probably put the keytar in "backwards" to keep the more massive end (high notes) at the bottom (wheeled) end.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Nice find. Exactly an inch larger in every direction than my Stage 3 Compact. I may pick this up.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

That's an intrersting pricing model. One case costs $70. If you buy two it's $270 and a pack of three is $400.

Anyone up for a group order?

I ordered the Plano gun case for my NE 5D 73 this afternoon.

Ill let everyone know how it looks and works out.

Arrived this morning.

With the rounded corners, there is about a quarter inch of play from side to side and top to bottom, but none at all with the lid closed.

No need for the customizable foam. The Electro fits snugly between the top and bottom layers of egg crate foam. Maybe a bit TOO snug, so I will probably cut it back to accommodate the knobs and drawbars.

Definitely a keeper. Way better protection than the Nord softcase without adding too much weight.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Well, no going back now. I trimmed the egg crate padding over the area where the knobs and drawbars are. It still takes a bit of pressure to close the lid, but perhaps a little less than before.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Archived