Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your ears?

p90jr

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2024 at 8:21 AM, hurricane hugo said:

Attn: Ambience chasers!

Since the early 1990s, Robert Fripp has utilised the latest in looping technology and digital effects to create Soundscapes, a gradually unfolding, highly textured, expansive and overtly symphonic music. 'The Wine of Silence' is the first album to feature orchestral arrangements of Fripp's groundbreaking work in this field. Orchestrated by composer Andrew Keeling and performed by the Metropole Orkest, under the baton of Jan Stulen, the results of this inspired collaboration evoke the works of Part, Gorecki, Tavener and the 'holy minimalist' school of composition. Andrew Keeling's sensitive and often startling orchestrations emphasise the reverie, passion and contemplation which is at the heart of Fripp's Soundscapes and capture the spirit of the original performances, reflecting the guitarist's rich musicality. While sometimes sombre and elegiac, Fripp's music radiates a sense of hope, affirmation and resolution. With the tapes of the Metropole Orkest performance subsequently 're-imagined' by David Singleton - co-producer of all of Fripp's Soundscapes recordings to date - 'The Wine Of Silence' comprises a sublime and moving collection of contemporary orchestral music.

"The Wine of Silence" is a groundbreaking collaboration between Robert Fripp's Soundscapes and orchestral arrangements by Andrew Keeling. With the Metropole Orkest and conductor Jan Stulen, it achieves a symphonic depth akin to Part and Gorecki. David Singleton's re-imagining adds further dimension, resulting in a sublime collection of contemporary orchestral music, reflecting Fripp's musicality and hopeful spirit.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, hurricane hugo said:

"

Whoa! Denny Dias and his fantastic electric sitar solo from Steely Dan's "Do It Again" there is a very pleasant surprise... !!

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Always ALWAYS loved Atom Heart Mother. Critics and Pink Floyd themselves seemed to think it wasn't really a successful effort, but for me it ticked all the boxes; orchestral pomp, some very cool electronics, sound design, expansive structure, an imaginative sonic journey, and PF's distinctly English bluesy funk rock. It's a perfect piece.

• Like 4
Scott Fraser

while not a very well known blues guitarist, Tony Spinner is very good at his craft. Go out and buy some of his records while you can, because he seems like a really talented musician.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, hurricane hugo said:

I went looking for more Hitsujibungaku stuff.  One part grunge, one part pop, one part shoegaze- overall, very 1990s.👍🏽

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

8 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

I went looking for more Hitsujibungaku stuff.  One part grunge, one part pop, one part shoegaze- overall, very 1990s.👍🏽

Me, too.

• Like 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

On 3/30/2024 at 10:48 AM, hurricane hugo said:

New song, never heard of them until 30 minutes ago, on loop ever since.

Nice!

Kinda reminds me of The Moody Blues, maybe infused with some Pink Floyd.

• Like 3

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/