Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Viscount KeyB Legend news!

JohnDoe

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My favorite organ. The internal leslie sim is the best I've heard yet, including the Vent. However the only way I'd own one is if someone gave me one. The company can't produce, market, distribute nor service the damn thing. A huge disappointment.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Those "coming soon" banners on webpage which hadn't been updated for several months is not what's called credibility...

Anyway, the fact is that until this year KeyB "factory" was more or less one man's project. Now there are completely different resources behind it as Viscount is one of the largest keyboard manufacturer in Europe.

I really hope this comes to fruition, it sounds great , the C/V and leslie nails it . I just hope viscount does it right . I know Darren ( dazzjazz) has one of the older Key B's in Aus' and he loves it. They got burnt hard by the bad deal when having these built in the USA . I like the stand setup too. Hopefully there's an option to change the wood color.

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "

Those "coming soon" banners on webpage which hadn't been updated for several months is not what's called credibility...

Anyway, the fact is that until this year KeyB "factory" was more or less one man's project. Now there are completely different resources behind it as Viscount is one of the largest keyboard manufacturer in Europe.

Which gets back to my question on another thread about what kind a licensing or distribution deal does Viscount have with KeyB.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

They got burnt hard by the bad deal when having these built in the USA . I like the stand setup too. Hopefully there's an option to change the wood color.

Still not sure who burned who or if there was possibly some mutual flame chucking going on. Remember when KeyB did a license deal with Diversi also.

According to Viscount sales manager "KeyB organs will be produced all in our factory and Im the sales responsible worldwide for these products".

If you check out Viscount's history, manufacturing facilities and product portfolio of digital church organs, I'd say now KeyB is playing in totally different category than ever before. Also, the sound engine and internal architecture is completely new design by Norwegian company Ultrafunk.

What comes to disastrous co-operation with DMI in the US several years ago, there are some threads about it in discussion boards like organforum.com, where anyone can still read who blamed who and what happened with production quality and customer service with units produced by DMI. Just keeping in mind that a deal is something where both parties should have a benefit they are happy with.

If that is the case it may workout. DMI was not the first rodeo in KeyB technology licensing. KeyB seems to have a history of licensing a technology then introducing a new improved technology and NOT licensing that. Now the 3rd party producer has to compete against KeyB with outdated KeyB technology. .... But if Viscount becomes the exclusive producers maybe they won't face that situation. Maybe Viscount have good lawyers and covered their bases.

thanks for linking my videos :laugh:

now KeyBOrgan - Legend, keeping and developing the original project by Elvio Previati, is more "industrialized", thanks to Viscount.

concerning the old issues with DMI, Elvio gave license to the company to build (or simply assemble) the organs, following some technical specifications.

it seems that these specifications were not followed so Elvio broke off.

in this moment the DMI company seems not to exist anymore (is it correct?)

:wave:

I have seen Dazzjazz playing the KeyB live on several occasions. In Darren's hands it is one of the best Hammond clones I have heard.

Dazzjazz also released a CD featuring the KeyB. Well worth getting if anyone is interested hearing a professionally recorded KeyB. Probably the best audio recording of the KeyB available and some excellent playing and great material that is a pleasure to listen to.

I hope this latest version of the KeyB does make it into production and Viscount can provide the distribution, service and support that can overcome the brand damage caused by the DMI, and prior dramas.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

damn,- that sounds killer !

When it´s distributed by Viscount,- it will appear @Thomann sooner or later.

And when it does, there will be support and service.

A.C.

.... later or maybe not....!?

Just got response from a mail to thomann.

They have actual not planned to get

into their sortiment!

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Prophet 5, Roland SE02, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, Yamaha Montage M7

Live: Yamaha CP88, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Roland Fantom 07, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent

into their sortiment!

Weird thing is that Thomann still says to have Viscount DB-5 for sale, but don't have it on stock until week or two. As far as I know, that model was already more or less discontinued anyway?

https://www.thomann.de/fi/viscount_db_5_drawbar_organ.htm

Dazzjazz also released a CD featuring the KeyB. Well worth getting if anyone is interested hearing a professionally recorded KeyB. Probably the best audio recording of the KeyB available and some excellent playing and great material that is a pleasure to listen to.

other CD with the old KeyB:

Alberto Marsico & Organ Logistics_1

Alberto Marsico & Organ Logistics_2

just for info :wave:

Thanks Mark, I will take all the promo I can get...!

I have seen Dazzjazz playing the KeyB live on several occasions. In Darren's hands it is one of the best Hammond clones I have heard.

I hope this latest version of the KeyB does make it into production and Viscount can provide the distribution, service and support that can overcome the brand damage caused by the DMI, and prior dramas.

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

Excellent also Alberto.

Are you able to share your thoughts on the sound differences between the previous KeyB engine and the Legend engine?

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

into their sortiment!

What do you expect that early ?

Thomann IS a Viscount dealer.

They sell the Physis Piano products incl. K4 and K5 also, but don´t have ´em in stock ´cause not many customers need/ buy ´em.

It also needed some time until they had Crumar Mojo available.

Don´t forget they sell all the competitive products,- so they are carefull, observe the market and wait for requests.

A.C.

:like:

I hope this all works out for Elvio. The man deserves a fair shot after his long rocky road getting these to market.

+1

I've always been a huge KeyB fan. And this sounds like the best yet... especially that Leslie sim.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Are you able to share your thoughts on the sound differences between the previous KeyB engine and the Legend engine?

the Legend has a new DSP engine, mantaining (more or less) same "philosophy" of the previous KeyBDuo, concerning the cloning of a vintage hammond tone generator.

the most important improvements are:

- leslie simulation (now TWO different simulations onboard)

- overdrive (now TWO different overdrives onboard)

- interaction of expression pedal with overdrive

- keyclick

- now has full polyphony

- send-return connections for external effects (example, you can use an external overdrive, or other pedal, BEFORE the leslie simulation)

- about 10 kg less than the first KeyB!!!!

:cheers:

Choice is always good (sims and od). If it's better than my Duo Mark 111 then it must be fabulous. At this stage of my life, my hearing (and playing) isn't good enough to detect any needed improvements in my current rig. I play it through 2 15" EV's with onboard sims which I prefer to my Leslie 3300 (hooked to my C2D - work rig). If I weren't concerned about tech support (KeyB), I'd get rid of the Nord/Leslie rig. It has worked perfectly without a single glitch for the past three years or so but then, it's never been out of the house. If the price is right, I may get one to replace the Nord rig.

Legend Exp,NC2x,Crumar Seven,KeyB Duo MK111,Nord C1,Nord C2D,Triton Classic,Fantom G7,Motif ES,SonicCell,BK7m,PA1x pro,VP770,TC Helicon,Leslie 3300,MS Pro145,EV SXA250(2),Traynor K4,PK7a,A70,DM10 Pro.

Archived