Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your best buy of 2015

Bachus

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardware:

Novation SLMKII (61-key)

ASUS ROG G751JL laptop (as my new live laptop-sound module/DAW)

Novation Audiohub 2x4

Virtual Instruments:

AAS Lounge Lizard EP4

AAS GS-2

XLN Addictive Drums 2

Sonar X3e Dimension Pro EWQL-SO Gold Pianoteq 5.3+Bluthner

PX-5S FA-06 SLMKII Graphite 49 AAS LL EP4 GS-2

Forte 4 Audiohub2x4 ASUS ROG G751(Live)

Scarlett 6i6 1010LT TS110A Minimix 8 EMU XMidi 2x2

For me, it's probably the Integra-7 for $990 (the only synth I bought all year). I'm not really using it for much right now, but it's loaded with great sounds and I didn't have any Roland gear in my studio for the first time in more than 30 years.

A close 2nd would be buying HammondDave's Vent II (followed by Hardware's Burn).

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Roland Fantom-06, 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

Yeah Dave...finally back in the comfort zone with the Electro 5..

Still keeping the VR-09 though...

Happy New Year

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

UHL X3-2

Prophet 6

Kronos 2-61

.... it seems there is no remaining budget for 2016!

;-)

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Prophet 5, Roland SE02, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, Yamaha Montage M7

Live: Yamaha CP88, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Roland Fantom 07, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent

My best buy of 2015 was this; http://www.ebay.com/itm/181929414513?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I put a ssd and ram in it and it works perfectly. I've been wanting to experiment with cantible for a while now and this machine should be fine for that. ~BOB

I'm practicing so that people can maybe go "wow" at an imaginary gig I'll never play. -Nadroj

CPS Spacestation v.3.

Absolutely, positively.

CPS Spacestation vrs. 3

CPS SS3 for me also.

CPS Spacestation V3

Ditto!

Damn! I just have to buy one of these!

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Software: U-He Diva.

Hardware: Novation MiniNova; thing's a little monster..

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Found a beautiful mid-1960s Sparkletop. I'll play it, sample it, turn it into a digital recreation and if I decide to sell, I'll make money on it.

Busch.

Gorgeous :thu::cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Didn't buy much but probably Monark by native instruments. Very good. Sounds analog to me. Softsynths are really starting to get there at the moment.
Roland Fantom G6, D-70, JP-8000, Juno-106, JV-1080, Moog Minitaur, Korg Volca Keys, Yamaha DX-7. TG33, Logic Pro, NI plugs, Arturia plugs etc etc

Just got the iConnect MIDI4+ last week - fantastic for integrating iPAD audio, USB, and MIDI. Especially with the iConfig and PortManager apps!

But I think my best buy was the WindPlug 1 software for the Apple Logic ES2 SoftSynth: http://www.patchmanmusic.com/AppleES2.html The patches were done by Matt Traum who programmed for Michael Brecker. Brecker used the ES2 controlled by an Akai EWI. For now I just use a controller knob mapped to breath control (02). The TEC breath with bite controller has been sold out: http://www.tecontrol.se/products/usb-midi-breath-bite-controller that will be a buy for 2016 - after the Mojo!)

Anyway, the programming is wonderful (it has many signature Brecker EWI sounds) and really reminded me of what a great synth the ES2 is.

The TEC breath with bite controller has been sold out: http://www.tecontrol.se/products/usb-midi-breath-bite-controller that will be a buy for 2016

That is an absolutely great device. I've had it for a while and it has never ceased to amaze me. Get your hands on one as soon as you can, it's a small company and it seems they can't make them fast enough. I also had to wait before getting one. There is a good review video here:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/02/21/bbc-puts-bite-into-your-music/

"If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom or dad, teacher, priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it." Frank Zappa

I only purchased 2 items I think:

1. Kawai ES8- I played it and it felt like a good time to buy based on time to ugprade and good vibes from a positive music life changing event

2. HD598's- someone on the piano forum alerted to the $99 black friday sale

Archived