Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is your NEXT music-related purchase?

DulceLabs.com

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long term: Vintage Vibe Deluxe 64

Very Long Term: new Mac Book Pro Retina (or Air-when it's updated to Retina)

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

Hopefully some good softsynths when I get the time in the studio. I guess I'm also going to need some more hard drive space looking at the size of some of these new ones!

I see what you did there. :laugh:

I'm looking at upgrading to Omnisphere 2, but probably not until the fall or winter. What kind of hard drive are you looking at?

too much gas, too little money! My rig now is covering my needs well but there is always room for improvement. I was thinking about a Kronos 61 that I could use in my Floyd band in lieu of the SK1, but it just doesn't seem to justify the change.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I'd like to replace my Motif XF8 with something lighter. Either a CP4, the latest Kronos 73, or a good 73-76 key hammer action controller. The problem is finding a good 73-76 key hammer action controller. I've considered the Roland A88 but it seems really long with all of those controls to the left of the keyboard.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Pair of EV ZXA1-90 speakers.

Or a CPS Spacestation. . . ;)

If it helps, I replaced a pair of EV ZXA1-90s with a CPS Spacestation.

Except I kept the EVs too... just in case... I guess that doesn't help...

Hammond SK1, Casio Privia PX5-S, SpaceStation V.3, Behringer B1200D, 2-EV ZxA1s

MacBook Air, Novation ReMOTE 37SL, Logic, Pianoteq 5 Stage, Scarbee Vintage Keys

The MIDI Gizmo Museum!

A Nord Electro 5 HP when my trio will be ready, and we will need to leave the rehersal studio with the rented NS2 and move to some public premise. I hope soon, but i expect a few month more.

Some sequencer/composition software for my laptop when i travel (i'll do it quite a lot next summer, not to gigging, but for my daily job :). I cannot imagine to travel Europe with a 500 euro worth dongle for Cubase on my bag, so either i add a license for Cubase Artist, or i migrate the whole production to Logic Pro X (i am a Mac guy).

The financial aspects are left undefined, but somehow connected to that traveling around :->.

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

https://barbogio.bandcamp.com/follow_me

Until the CPS SS v.3 changed my plans, I was all geared up for a Mojo. But what a difference a year makes.

With my Nord Stage 2 sure to be replaced next year by something way too expensive, and having waited out the Mojo, it's looking like the new [url:http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=42]GSi DMC-122[/url] is the "next one."

Here for the gear.

Until the CPS SS v.3 changed my plans, I was all geared up for a Mojo. But what a difference a year makes.

With my Nord Stage 2 sure to be replaced next year by something way too expensive, and having waited out the Mojo, it's looking like the new [url:http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=42]GSi DMC-122[/url] is the "next one."

:2thu:

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

I'm lucky to have a in no way minimal Yamaha mixer in the delivery pipeline. I'll have to make a financially neutral 19 inch rack for it, the Lexicon, possibly my prototype sampling speed Ethernet controlled analog signal path DCA and my big 19" high quality pre amp + active separation filters. Or at least a nice light and transparent dust cover.

T.V.

Mac version of Waldorf Nave. I have the iOS version which is probably my favorite iOS music app.

Wow - I didn't realize they made that for the Mac as well. I will have to look into that. Nave is on my top 5 favorite synth apps on my iPad.

I will also add that Waldorf (the developers of Nave) was kind enough to donate 10 codes for the Nave app to the Casio group last year to give away to our members. Not a huge thing, but I like to support devs that support our communities.

Not purely musical, but an iPad Air 2 is on the horizon in June. Beyond that, I want something lighter that can take the place of my XS (which may end up being the ipad), or my first digital mixer.
Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

Trying to decide if I should upgrade from Cubase 7.5 to 8.0.

Might consider a VR-09 depending on what gig opportunities are uncovered. Haven't played one yet but the concept and price are appealing.

Roland Fantom 06; Yamaha P-125; QSC K10; Cubase 13 Pro; Windows 10

Gosh. I buy something every month. This month, it will probably be another dozen XLR cables and some TRS ends.

My next BIG purchase will probably be in February. I don't know yet if it's going to be a subwoofer (Yorkville LS801P?), some lights, or a Motif of some sort. XS rack?

Upcoming medium-term/size purchases are expected to include a single-to-three-speed Leslie kit for my 51C and a padded cover. I want to start gigging that one. I also need some Ken Rich straddlers when I finally my CV into gig-ready shape.

Gotta keep spending money, you know. It's the only thing that keeps the GAS at bay. Plus I sure as heck don't want to have pay any taxes on my music business, gotta keep operating at a loss. :)

Wes

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived