Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oh, boy. Is this a new Kronos?

sherry

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didnt understand a word that was written

'

AND its PRIVATE now

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

I saw it before it was made private. It was a clip of the guy from Dirty Loops playing a new or upgraded 61-key Kronos. The Kronos name is in a new font and the end caps appeared to be fake wood. He played a bit of what he said is a new piano sound.

S90XF even though Phil would not spill the beans. :laugh:

But I am not even interested in one anymore .... unless they expand it to 6 or 8 zones. The pop band requirements has outgrown my measly 4 zones of control.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

And thus the annual NAMM Rumors Season officially opens...

Yep. And aren't we supposed to wait at least till Thanksgiving ... when there's Christmas music? :laugh:

Hell no. November 1st kicks off the Christmas season (if you're in retail, that is). My wife dragged me and our son into her business on the 2nd to set up the tree and decorations.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/santa-106.gif

OH ALRIGHT!!!!! It's NOT interesting. I just happened to come across this and thought it might interest some people. Sheeeeese.

:laugh:

Don't listen to these old farts, Sherry.

When they're not yelling at the kids to get off their lawn, they're posting on this forum. :)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

OH ALRIGHT!!!!! It's NOT interesting. I just happened to come across this and thought it might interest some people. Sheeeeese.

:laugh:

Don't listen to these old farts, Sherry.

When they're not yelling at the kids to get off their lawn, they're posting on this forum. :)

He's right. We can't help ourselves. What makes us such great musicians (tenacity and attention to detail) also tends to make us a bit snarky.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Ok. No problem. Hard to tell, but besides the different end caps, the body looked deeper than the current Kronos. Certainly the logo was different. The dirty looper guy said something about enhancements, but then said he shouldn't say anything. It could be nothing but an updated appearance. Kind of like the white Motif. Come on Namm.

Very nice looking synth. It reminds me of the dignified livery of the Yamaha S90 series which I always enjoyed. (far greater synthesis power in a Kronos of course) Thanks for the heads up Sherry. :thu:

Would someone familiar with the original Kronos and Kronos X please summarize the improvements for us? Or is there a comparison chart ... ?

Sure does look nice, but at first blush (I only watched the video) some of those improvements/upgrades don't strike me as being critical, at least for my needs. The acid test will be the new piano.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Still only four Karma modules, so that cancels out Karma 3. So stuck at Karma 2.5.

HDD is about the same size too, no changes there. RAM looks about the same too from memory. Be interesting to see if Korg addressed the issue of noisy cooling fans, and the heat.

To me, looks more style than substance.

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

I wonder if some of the enhancements will be available in an OS update. I saw the color coded set list blocks, that's cool. Also, it looked like he was zooming in on the screen - that would also be nice for some of those small fonts. Also, according to the Korg site, you can plug in a USB computer keyboard to type in text.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Yeah Roland tried that with the G series and a mouse, and we all know how successful the G series was :D

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

(Note) Since natural wood is used in the side panels of this instrument, there will be individual differences in the grain and figuration of the wood.

Busch.

I think wood, natural or faux, looks very sharp on synths. The MiniNova has fake wood end cheeks but it really adds to the look of the instrument.

Archived