Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Heads-up: SpaceStation keyboard amp is apparently back

To repeat an earlier suggestion... I think the best way to capture the sense of space should be to do a binaural recording (and of course it has to be made very clear to the listener that the only way to experience it is to listen through headphones).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Quick SSV3/Sub routing question.

I have a Kronos, QSC K12, and SSV3.

Yamaha MG10XU mixer coming this week.

My Kronos will go thru the mixer, out to the SSV3.

Can I come out of the SSV3 Sub Out to a line level mixer input, EQ out the mids and highs there, then back out to my K12?

Or, should I just go straight from the Sub Out to the K12?

Thanks

Kronos 61 | Prophet '08 | Blofeld Desktop

CPS SSv3 | QSC K12

the Sub out on the SS is fullrange and not a HP filter out. You would be getting all the frequencies. Better to feed the SS a filterd signal of everything above about 100 HZ. That way the SS is not having to deal with any low frequencies and is devoting all of its power to the lowmids to highs.

Nord Stage 2 88

Korg M50

Korg KINGKORG

SPACESTATION V.3

Behringer Eurolive B-1200D PRO

Iowa Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee

www.endlesssummertheband.com

I have a Kronos, QSC K12, and SSV3.

Yamaha MG10XU mixer coming this week.

My Kronos will go thru the mixer, out to the SSV3.

Can I come out of the SSV3 Sub Out to a line level mixer input, EQ out the mids and highs there, then back out to my K12?

Thanks

the Sub out on the SS is fullrange and not a HP filter out. You would be getting all the frequencies. Better to feed the SS a filterd signal of everything above about 100 HZ. That way the SS is not having to deal with any low frequencies and is devoting all of its power to the lowmids to highs.

Yup. Your best bet would be to run the keys into the mixer, then come out of the mixer into a stereo crossover, with everything 100 hZ and below going to your K12 and everything above to the SS. Or, instead of the crossover and K12, dump another $299 into a Behringer B1200D or similar subwoofer that has stereo high-pass-filtered outputs (keys -> mixer -> sub -> SS).

D-10; M50; SP4-7; SP6

I'm a fairly accomplished hack.

Thanks

Yup. Your best bet would be to run the keys into the mixer, then come out of the mixer into a stereo crossover, with everything 100 hZ and below going to your K12 and everything above to the SS. Or, instead of the crossover and K12, dump another $299 into a Behringer B1200D or similar subwoofer that has stereo high-pass-filtered outputs (keys -> mixer -> sub -> SS).

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I need to sell my QSC K12, pick up the B1200D.

Kronos 61 | Prophet '08 | Blofeld Desktop

CPS SSv3 | QSC K12

I guess I call this the emperor with no cloths event. I'm glad it's dark. I also used a low setting on Zoom. If you don't hear what I said earlier, let me remind you, I've never played a gig with expensive speakers, but this little amp the SS, really recorded better than anything I ever used.

I don't usually quote another solo so exact like I did in part of this, but it kind of just came out. :blush:

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFZ5yFJ0CAc&feature=youtu.be

Here's another using Rhodes with stereo Vibrato.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op0Huh84JyQ&feature=youtu.be

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

I found fast-acting 3.15-amp, 125-volt fuses on sale at a Radio Shack that was being closed, for $0.18 for a 4 pack. Can I use this fuse for the SS or does it need to be a slo-blo fuse. Ray

Bumping this thread. Does anyone know whether the SS uses fast-acting or slo-blo fuses? Thanks, Ray

Casio PX5s, XWP1 and CPS SSV3

I guess I call this the emperor with no cloths event. I'm glad it's dark. I also used a low setting on Zoom. If you don't hear what I said earlier, let me remind you, I've never played a gig with expensive speakers, but this little amp the SS, really recorded better than anything I ever used.

I don't usually quote another solo so exact like I did in part of this, but it kind of just came out. :blush:

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFZ5yFJ0CAc&feature=youtu.be

Here's another using Rhodes with stereo Vibrato.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op0Huh84JyQ&feature=youtu.be

These came out great, and very nice playing too. The Rhodes cuts but still sounds so big and smooth...thanks for sharing

Hammond A100 w/ 2x Leslie 122, Leslie 145 w/ combo pedal, Casio P5S, SS3, Groove Tubes SFX G5 cab + CPS/QSC RM4500 KB amp, 1955 Steinway 48" studio upright.

SS3 delivered yesterday; thought I'd try it on top of my small venue bass amp, a Gallien Krueger MB210 (2 neo 10's and a horn, 350w @ 8ohms, 500w @ 4ohms, 33lbs.); ran 1/4's directly from CP4 into SS3, as I'd like to sometimes use a streamlined "no mixer" setup with the CP4's XLRs running directly to FOH; all that was needed for really nice AP was a 1 click drop of CP4's on-board mid EQ and dialing in the EQ, gain & support volume on the MB210.

Looks like they were made for each other, right down to same knobs:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd292/rickpoling/Sig%20P229%20pics/SS3/IMG_0754_zpscs9uhzmc.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd292/rickpoling/Sig%20P229%20pics/SS3/IMG_0755_zpsrfdruzdz.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd292/rickpoling/Sig%20P229%20pics/SS3/IMG_0756_zpsujspdf6r.jpg

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / Nord S4 88, S3 88, S3Compact, S3 76

QSC K8.2s K10.2s KS212s / SoundcraftUi24 / SSv3 / GK MB112s MB115 MB210s Neo410

Perfect match!

Thanks! In tone too, I think; just eased the MB210's volume enough to fill the bottom. The MB210 amp was recently (mid to late 2014?) changed to a black fabric front and to add a direct link-out to GK's powered extension speaker units (my older version has a speakon jack to add a non-powered cab); a few of the metal-front models are still floating around online though.

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / Nord S4 88, S3 88, S3Compact, S3 76

FedEx jus delivered the SS3 and SKB case to Key West.

I'm doing a 2 month residency with a band here.

I've been using a pair of DXR 10's with my Nord Stage.

Looking forward to the new amp. Some gigs are big and have excellent monitoring and FOH. Others are small intimate bars.

Hammond C3, Leslie 122, Steinway B, Wurlitzer 200A, Rhodes 73,

D6 Clav

SS3 delivered yesterday; thought I'd try it on top of my small venue bass amp, a Gallien Krueger MB210 (2 neo 10's and a horn, 350w @ 8ohms, 500w @ 4ohms, 33lbs.); ran 1/4's directly from CP4 into SS3, as I'd like to sometimes use a streamlined "no mixer" setup with the CP4's XLRs running directly to FOH; all that was needed for really nice AP was a 1 click drop of CP4's on-board mid EQ and dialing in the EQ, gain & support volume on the MB210.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd292/rickpoling/Sig%20P229%20pics/SS3/IMG_0754_zpscs9uhzmc.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd292/rickpoling/Sig%20P229%20pics/SS3/IMG_0755_zpsrfdruzdz.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd292/rickpoling/Sig%20P229%20pics/SS3/IMG_0756_zpsujspdf6r.jpg

Excellent! , "Aspen & Associates" - love it :) , and looks great from front and back. Great logo's and all.

That front panel appears to be cut out by lazer.

Brett

FedEx just delivered the SS3 and SKB case to Key West. I'm doing a 2 month residency with a band here.

Nice! Now THAT is the way to book gigs. I've said for years I don't do windows and I don't do snow. It was actually all the way down to 64 here in Redondo Beach when I left the house. Brrrr...

You'll love your SS.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Is it possible they were made in the same factory? Does anyone have any idea if the G-K uses Eminence speakers as well?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

My new v.3 measures 19.25" (top to floor) x 11.75 x 11.25. So I think that bag will be a tad too small.

KB: Hammond SK1

Bass KB: Yamaha MX49

KB Amps: CPS SS3, linked to TurboSound IP300

Bass KB amp: Fender Rumble 500 combo

www.mikemickxer.com

www.reverbnation.com/mikemickxer

Is it possible they were made in the same factory? Does anyone have any idea if the G-K uses Eminence speakers as well?

I just checked GK's support sites, thought it might have Eminence but, nope, it has Paragon Neodymium 10" Bass Driver listed as replacement for the MB210 and several other GK amps. Same factory question - haven't found an answer - there certainly are many similarities . . .

SS3 came to me yesterday, I'm still putting it through it's paces here at home where I can't turn it up much to really check it out. Tomorrow luckily I'll have two rehearsals with two different types of bands so will welcome the chance to try it out in a more live setting to see how it responds. It sounds nice already, but I think if I were doing a solo gig I'd probably have to spring for the subwoofer to round out the sound more. Even my little JBL 305s have more rumble when I A/B them with the SS. Fits nicely in the SKB case, though I think the wheels could probably stand to be a bit bigger for this much weight. Snug fit yeah, fits best sideways for me with the side speaker facing up so I can grab into the frame to pull SS up and out.