Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So, what are the NAMM rumours - if any???

miden

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it would be a hit if they can get a Nord like expandability concept going.

Especially considering they botched it the first time and stopped offering new sounds after the second sound pack.

To really hit a home run, I think an SV-2 would have to have a new action (RH4?) and a totally new soundset offering multiple APs and EPs that are not derived from the Kronos.

• 2 weeks later...
S90XF. This finally the year ..... Maybe.

Not sure about that.... They have the MOXF8 already. Perhaps a Motif replacement, or performance instrument (if the workstation concept has run its course for ROI) - based on SCM and additional sound engines. I suppose it could be called an S90XF ( or some S instrument), more likely a brand new instrument with 61,76 and 88 key versions.

SV2 ? Could be a cool piece, if done right. Hard to say if it'll happen though.

Whatever the case, we'll know a lot more in about 12 days.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

[quote=D-Bon

.............To really hit a home run, I think an SV-2 would have to have a new action (RH4?) and a totally new soundset offering multiple APs and EPs that are not derived from the Kronos.

Big +1

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Casio is coming out with an all plastic synth with a membrane keyboard. You can play it underwater!

Dave,I am so there! I'm sure you are too. This will be a superb addition to my holiday scuba outfit. The only daunting challenge will be playing Middle C Hunt on the membrane keyboard. Too bad LLoyd Bridges is no longer around to enjoy this breakthrough. Thanks for the straight scoop on this!

Casio's not even on my radar until they make an Indiglo panel.

Here for the gear.

Hoping to reclaim their analogue glory, Korg has licensed the Bahn Sage design from Ken Elhardt and will be demoing the release version. It's supposed to start shipping around September.

http://www.briansacawa.com/images/sage.jpg

Les Mizzell

----------------------------------------------

Actual rumor smile

Something from VIlabs expected to make it from pipeline to production wink

If I were attending, I'd find time to drop by the Marriott

Well I don't know about the rest of this stuff :/

but I've been playing the Beta of the "rumor" I posted about for the last hour and to paraphrase Teri Hatcher on Seinfeld

It's Real and it's Spectacular! :cool:

Cool thanks for the heads-up Steve, sounds good....provided they have found a way from that "other" issue ;)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Hoping to reclaim their analogue glory, Korg has licensed the Bahn Sage design from Ken Elhardt and will be demoing the release version.

Ok I actually looked this one up, wondering why I hadn't heard of it before...

:facepalm:

- Guru

This is really what MIDI was originally about encouraging cooperation between companies that make the world a more creative place." - Dave Smith

This has just turned up on a Polish reviews site's Facebook page:

http://i.imgur.com/J53U5IX.jpg

I'm cautiously optimistic...

:facepalm:

Now it's Roland's turn to laugh at us.

Archived