Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So, what are the NAMM rumours - if any???

miden

Anyone heard anything on the grapevine about the approaching NAMM in regard to new keys releases/upgrades?

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Theo will be demoing the Kurzweil PC4. This is Kurzweil's new flagship workstation with Triple Triple Strike Piano. I think you all will find it to be a VAST improvement.

:rimshot:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Im sorry these guys arent taking your query more seriously miden.

I think I can safely say that many companies will have new keyboard products, many companies will NOT have new keyboard product, some companies will update current keyboard product lines, and some companies wont even show up.

I predict we will see Bernie Worrell at Dave Smith Instruments. I predict Stevie Wonder will cause a ruckus when he shows up to play on some keyboards at some booth.

I predict that Hammond will have a good party at their summit.

I predict the RedKey Lounge will be fn rockin for 3 days and nights, and that many will come but fewer will be chosen. ( I dont know what this means. ) I predict that our man Mr. L will bring a high level of enthusiasm, and likely a number of much younger hotties to the RKL, and that there likely will not be a 5am conference call in the bathroom by ANYONE.

I predict that everyone will leave this years NAMM with at least one thing on their wish list for 2014.

Hopefully this helped, Miden.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I predict that everyone will leave this years NAMM with at least one thing on their wish list for 2014.

I do wish Yamaha would release a game-changing new workstation.

:deadhorse:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

If we are talking about wishes, I wish someone would release a lightweight 73/76 key digital piano with the mod wheels (if any) on the top and not on the sides. I really like the Crumar Physis Piano H3 but it doesn't seem like it's going to show up in the United States any time soon.

Yamaha CP-73, Hammond SK Pro 73, Yamaha MODX 7, Roland Fantom 06, Roland VK-8M, Yamaha FS1R

Regarding the Physis Piano, I should say that I like the demos that I have listened to. But I suspect that if I got to audition one and the action was good, I would probably buy it.

Yamaha CP-73, Hammond SK Pro 73, Yamaha MODX 7, Roland Fantom 06, Roland VK-8M, Yamaha FS1R

I heard that the Streetly brothers will be introducing the Mellotron Mark VIIi. It will have three keyboards; lead, accompaniment, and QWERTY...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Seriously, I did hear that Hammond/Suzuki will be replacing all their draw-faders with something new that they are calling "draw-buttons". Go figure...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Casio is coming out with an all plastic synth with a membrane keyboard. You can play it underwater!

I know I will be at the NAMM (if nothing bad happens of course), for the first time in my life...hurray !!

I've booked a hotel, got the tickets and more...

Going to hear the new Nord Rhodes Mark 1 XL sampleset(100+mb) with extra bark layers in person I hope.....:)

Althaugh I will spend most of the time on the guitarist's department promoting a new product.

The Meowsic Pro will make its debut. It will feature a proprietary, stereo sampling system called UPC - User Pet Customization, for capturing the nuances of the owner's feline(s). Its generous sample memory will also allow for importation of sounds from a special, Nord Sample Library developed jointly with Clavia. The first of several planned libraries will feature unique, previously unheard felines from distant outposts of Scandanavia - including a rare, large upright cat.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

ho hum :tired: boys will be boys I suppose.

Hey, you start the (unfortunately annual) "NAMM Rumour" thread, you get what you get.

You'd think after 7 years here, you'd know better. ;)

Yeah I guess :D

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Casio is coming out with an all plastic synth with a membrane keyboard. You can play it underwater!

Dave,I am so there! I'm sure you are too. This will be a superb addition to my holiday scuba outfit. The only daunting challenge will be playing Middle C Hunt on the membrane keyboard. Too bad LLoyd Bridges is no longer around to enjoy this breakthrough. Thanks for the straight scoop on this!

The joke Al Coda is making is that Crumar doesn't make the Physis Piano.

Thanks for pointing that out. My brain is not 100% right now due to a cold. If I am not mistaken again, I think it is Viscount that makes the Physis Piano.

The Meowsic Pro will make its debut... unique, previously unheard felines from distant outposts of Scandanavia - including a rare, large upright cat.

I've already got the 4' Grand.

http://home.comcast.net/~mightyb3/bcc.jpg

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

The Meowsic Pro will make its debut... unique, previously unheard felines from distant outposts of Scandanavia - including a rare, large upright cat.

I've already got the 4' Grand.

http://home.comcast.net/~mightyb3/bcc.jpg

Jumpin' Jehosaphat ! What do you feed that beast ?

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived