Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So, what are the NAMM rumours - if any???

miden

Git this in my email today from VIlabs.

That makes my rumor official :laugh:

If you're there, I recommend you go hear this one. The Betas just get better and better, and I was blown away with the first one!

We've Got Something To Show You...

Visit Us At the 2014 Winter NAMM Show

If you'll be at the Winter NAMM show next week be sure to stop by and see us at booth 207D1. We've got an exciting new product to show you.

-The VI Labs Team

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As Dave stated, there are some unknowns about the MOXF and Krome. We don't know if either keyboard is based on an older design that did not include aftertouch.

From what I recall, the Triton LE keyboard (a close relative to the Krome) responded to aftertouch, but the original Yamaha MO series did not.

You are talking about responding to aftertouch messages via MIDI. No hardware cost there. Almost all Korg's do that... in fact, most respond to poly-aftertouch via MIDI.

Hmmmmm, I thought the specs I read awhile back stated the Triton LE keyboard itself responded to aftertouch... was that incorrect?

:freak:

Whoops - my bad. Been too long. Yes, it did have physical aftertouch. Too many models down the road for me. It's the last time we fought and won on the AT front. So we cut other things like the number of insert effects, the display, the power supply, the case, ROM expansion etc.

Sorry for the wrong turn.

Jerry

Still- a fine workstation for many years. It had a combo called "Trancy Eurphora" i loved (praised in the SOS review as well)

I had it from 2002-2010.

I probably would have liked some more insert effects but the sequencer and interface was friendlier than my Motif6 which I also got in 2002.

It had enough of what I needed for $1,100.

Now, the Korg SG Rack was probably my all time favorite item for many years. Did you work on that as well?- Brilliant item

If you'll be at the Winter NAMM show next week be sure to stop by and see us at booth 207D1. We've got an exciting new product to show you.

-The VI Labs Team

True Cowbells Extreme? :laugh:

-The VI Labs Team

True Cowbells Extreme? :laugh:

hey Mark -

would you please bring me back an autographed copy of True Cowbells Extreme from NAMM if possible ? ;) I'll drive down to Springfield and pick it up upon your return.

:nopity:

I should have added though, that I like to use bits of aftertouch on synth sounds.

Yep - Kurzweil aftertouch goes a little deeper as well.

The important missing point is that aftertouch on a Kurzweil can be controlled in various ways. Not just apply it and set a depth. Conditions (via FUNs) can be set.... so if you only wanted aftertouch for example on certain section of the keyboard triggered by another controller.

Now, the Korg SG Rack was probably my all time favorite item for many years. Did you work on that as well?- Brilliant item

The SG ProX and Z1 were the first products I worked on after joining Korg. I certainly worked on the spec of the SG, particularly the MIDI controller aspects. The sounds were done by Ben Dowling and Jack Hotop. Both supremely talented.

Jerry

The SG ProX and Z1 were the first products I worked on after joining Korg. I certainly worked on the spec of the SG, particularly the MIDI controller aspects. The sounds were done by Ben Dowling and Jack Hotop. Both supremely talented.

Jerry

I would love to see a new Korg SG, to compete with the Yamaha CP4 and Roland RD800... (Of course it could be named SV2 or even SG2)

Classic black case similar to original SG design (but sleeker and more compact)

A new hammer action with ivory effect tops?

Piano sounds from Kronos?

Zoning with adjustable key range

Pro outputs (xlr outs, additional individual outputs etc)

Internal power supply with kettle lead slot

Keep the weight under 20kg (by using some plastic in the design and/or by offering 73 or 76 key hammer action model)

Drool...

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

Whatever the product, poor choice of name by Kurzweil. Brainspawn Forte is one of the popular live hosts out there. There's bound to be lot of overlap in search keywords with ensuing confusion. Not that big a deal, but still...

- Guru

This is really what MIDI was originally about encouraging cooperation between companies that make the world a more creative place." - Dave Smith

New Kurzweil at last?

...sounds like a piano to me... I'd be rather surprised if it's the equivalent of a K3000.

Agree with you there. Sounds like the name for a budget line of home pianos for learning. Think Korg SP170 or Roland F20 or the similarly named Alesis Cadenza. There's money to be made at the lower end of the scale

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

Seem to recall that name being batted around well before the Artis was announced at NAMM 2013 - sometime in mid 2012 ? I could be thinking of the Brainspawn product though; gettin' slightly old, and probably need a larger hard drive :laugh:

Heck, I'm a by-appointment dealer for Kurz stuff in NoCO, and the only new thing I've known about - that's not rumors or vaporware - is the Artis. Guess we'll all know a lot more in 24 hrs, or so... It's Christmas Eve in Gearland :D

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived