Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HX3 MIDI expander module

TKN

Yes and thanks for time off and the custom DSP device above I have exactly what I need.

When I push the FC7 to maximum the drawbars I select are at thie destination point.

This also makes Leslie Throb and Perc.Mute db max out.

Fireworx Reverb using a negative curve is at it's dryest amount.

Pulling back on the FC7 gives me that Sweet Child In Time percussive sound with more Fireworx Reverb.

For those thinking 1988 MIDI spec 2 is old...it is.

But without my gigs would be without challenge.

I end up chugging more Jager and chasing fine trim instead of perfecting tradecraft......

Ankyu

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

What a picky little bitch I am 'eh..?

We all are. It would certainly explain why a lot of us are on our eighth or tenth clone.

Yep. We're all very picky in our own separate ways. Some want the classic jazz or rock sound from the 70's. Some want a more churchy sound while others want a totally different type of Hammond sound that was on some records of the past.

The problem of course is there is not now and never was one Hammond sound. Everybody and their dog modified both the Hammond AND the Leslie and nobody knows exactly what mods were done at the time then of course somebody decided to change it for another album and so it goes. There are as many variations of a classic Hammond sound as there are variations of a Gibson guitar sound. What model Gibson? What amp. What pedals. What strings. How high are the frets, etc, etc.

I think it's great that the new stuff like this HX3 has the capabilities to not only match all that but to create new variations.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

FYI !

Carsten just announced a new Firmware update....

http://forum.keyboardpartner.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=479&sid=02195573a8e2e91ff7d0e705f87f15fd

But be careful! It's not the final version!

A lot of changes....

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

Wow! Real time reverb control - Hardware, are you listening ;. Sustain and sostenuto and a lot more. I'll wait until all the beta testing is done before going for this but look forward to these updates.

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 
Falcon, UVI, Kontakt, Logic, PT

I have it on good authority that Diversi is introducing two new products very soon. I can't swear by it but I think one is a drawbar controller. If priced reasonably this should be a great selling item. I have a virtually new NIB4D in the mail at the moment but am interested in what might be in the immediate pipeline as an alternative.
"You better get outta town before your nickname expires" WZ

Hmmm.... This single drawbar controller would pair up nicely with my Nord Stage 2 and it looks like it would solve the problem of not having real time HX3 drawbar control while in External Mode.

I may get this and sell my Ocean Beach DB1 draw bars.

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 

Dave, I use an NIB4 controller in exactly this way. With it I can use external on either of my Nords ( EX or Stage2 ) and it works perfectly. If I want a second keyboard I have an Axiom which maps easily and works well with the HX3. Unfortunately, no waterfall keys or high trigger point. If it really matters I use the Mojo.

I'm hanging onto my OB drawbars for the odd time when I need really portable ( Stage 2 73 and OB ).

Fuckin A.

Diversi and Keyboard Partners are impressive as a team.

I didnt want to whine about notes off because I just had to remember to not hold while zone switching.

Sustain was a nice touch too because now I can use a pedal or button and when zone switching have no more stuck notes.

But the reverb amount in real time is incredibly useful.

Very impressive support.

THANK YOU LORDS OF THE HAMMOND CLONE.....!!!!

Very happy camper great update for sure.

Here's my little HX-3's new home.

New rig is the ASRock Z97 w/ 2 x Samsung 950 Pro M.2's.

32GBs RAM and the deadly i7 5775C CPU that has 128MB L4 Cache.

Anyone wants to boost their VSTi counts this is the CPU to use.

http://s28.postimg.org/rs0gnfivh/Rig_11_15.jpg

image search

I have it on good authority that Diversi is introducing two new products very soon. I can't swear by it but I think one is a drawbar controller. If priced reasonably this should be a great selling item. I have a virtually new NIB4D in the mail at the moment but am interested in what might be in the immediate pipeline as an alternative.

SHAMLES PLUG!!!!

Yes, it's official. KeyboardParter released two new products and Diversi did as well about noon time today. For more information about these two products please visit our website http://www.diversi.us/hx3modules.html

To everyone on this group. May you have a Happy Thanksgiving for all of us here at Diversi.

Very happy camper great update for sure.

Here's my little HX-3's new home.

New rig is the ASRock Z97 w/ 2 x Samsung 950 Pro M.2's.

32GBs RAM and the deadly i7 5775C CPU that has 128MB L4 Cache.

Anyone wants to boost their VSTi counts this is the CPU to use.

http://s28.postimg.org/rs0gnfivh/Rig_11_15.jpg

image search

Great looking setup.

What a picky little bitch I am 'eh..?

We all are. It would certainly explain why a lot of us are on our eighth or tenth clone.

Yep. We're all very picky in our own separate ways. Some want the classic jazz or rock sound from the 70's. Some want a more churchy sound while others want a totally different type of Hammond sound that was on some records of the past.

The problem of course is there is not now and never was one Hammond sound. Everybody and their dog modified both the Hammond AND the Leslie and nobody knows exactly what mods were done at the time then of course somebody decided to change it for another album and so it goes. There are as many variations of a classic Hammond sound as there are variations of a Gibson guitar sound. What model Gibson? What amp. What pedals. What strings. How high are the frets, etc, etc.

I think it's great that the new stuff like this HX3 has the capabilities to not only match all that but to create new variations.

Bob

Bob! You couldn't have put it better. When I worked for Hammond Suzuki some of the people in Japan wanted the LSI Hammond Sound. (Concord days) How about the H-100, X77 or X66. They are part of the Hammond Sound as well.

Thank you for saying what you did.

Just received a new in box NIB4D. I am in heaven! It works with any midi keyboard. I don't have to trigger the HX3 with weighted keys on Nord Stage anymore. I feel lucky to find this unit as they are kinda rare, especially in this condition. Now where to place it? I hope it will fit on the left side of the Nord but I don't have it here to check.
"You better get outta town before your nickname expires" WZ

Just received a new in box NIB4D. I am in heaven! It works with any midi keyboard. I don't have to trigger the HX3 with weighted keys on Nord Stage anymore. I feel lucky to find this unit as they are kinda rare, especially in this condition. Now where to place it? I hope it will fit on the left side of the Nord but I don't have it here to check.

Bill - you did know about this right?

http://www.diversi.us/hxmodules.html

http://www.diversi.us/images/expander/DBController_300dp_3in.fw.png

Why is it that I really want one of these drawbar controllers even though I don't really need it? :)

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 

There should be midi power for all controllers like USB has. Should have been a part of midi spec for decades. Not talking about the under-powered version that has been around for years.

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

Wow! Real time reverb control - Hardware, are you listening ;. Sustain and sostenuto and a lot more. I'll wait until all the beta testing is done before going for this but look forward to these updates.

Hi Dave,

I think we can give it a try, last version seems trouble free now....

https://github.com/keyboardpartner/HX3/blob/master/LATEST/HX3_firmw_3851.zip

I will test the new Uhl-Version tomorrow too... !!!

;-)

Cheers

Markus

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

Just updated my DIY HX3 and my Uhl X3-1 organs with the new firmware and soundengine. The update procedure was a breeze. It's just one mouseklick and it took about two or three minutes. Wow, the new C/V is just terrific! It has THIS velvety shimmery beat you would expect from a well maintained B3. Just glorious. This update is highly recommended.

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

Very nice output levels on the Rotary L/R now.

Since I route hardware into the XITE-1 DSP rack I can add other external hardware FX or VST FX or DSP FX and I had a 12db gain module.

No longer needed now and the Reverb is purty nice...

Danke Bruda Mann....

Bill, I don't think it has the "re-programmend" pedal tones yet.....

from the release notes:

12/04/2015 Firmware #3.851, FPGA 27112015, MIDI IN ScanCore #19

Added "Sustain", "Sostenuto" and "All Notes Off" accepted MIDI commands, MIDI ScanCore #19 only!

adjustable vibrato scanner gearing, param 488 in HX3 remote (located just before "Vib1 LC age")

fixed unwanted "feature" in MIDI IN ScanCore #18. Sostenuto CC #66 robbed PERC ON in NI B4 CC set

instead, Sustain on CC #64 may be switched to Sostenuto functionality by HX3 Remote param 489

new MIDI ScanCore #19 compatible with older FW

new HX3 Remote organ defaults file

new FPGA 27112015, uses 16x oversampling

improved overflow behaviour in busbar adders, somewhat louder bass pedal

less prone to overflow distortions on loud tapering settings

higher audio output level on rotary simulation

rotary simluation delay lines now with 16x oversampling rate, should result in less modulation artefacts

revised rotary params in firmware

Simplified "Leslie" default parameters in HX3 Remote

fixed minor "no VibKnob save on preset 0" bug in MIDI Expander firmware

I have done the upgrades to my HX3 and sustain now holds the organ tones but I don't see the adjustments ( param 488, 489 ) in HX3 remote or on the HX3's menu. Any one know what I'm doing wrong?

The HX3 shows FPGA 27112015 and MIDI Scancore #19.

Thanks, Ken

I noticed now when I save a preset with No Vibe on Lower using C3 and Fast 3 as Perc. they are recalled now.

Not a biggie but before I always had to go in and change from V1 to C3.

Don't know how the HX-3 can be improved soundwise.

I think it's amazing how well captured it is.

Is there a way to sustain lower manual note (MIDI 2) and not sustain upper manual note (MIDI 1).

Again not a big deal as I know it's not like the real Hammond, but I bought this because it's not a real Hammond.

Great pice of hardware, superb in all aspects.

CHeerz

Hello to all, this is my first posting here, so I'd like to introduce myself: My name is Christian and I am working with Carsten at KeyboardPartner in Burgdorf, Germany. I will be here from time to time and try to answer questions related to KeyboardPartner's products.

@hardware: I'm glad you like the HX3 sound like we do. Sustain and Sostenuto is tied to the MIDI channel. So if it is sent on MIDI 2 it will affect the lower manual only.

Regards,

Christian

KeyboardPartner

Hi Christian!

Knowing that you monitor and participate on this forum is the way to make serious and lasting relations with those that have your products and those who are thinking about getting it, just like Mike Martin, the Crumar guys and Diversi do.

"This is my rig, and if you don´t like it....well, I have others!"

"Think positive...there's always something to complain about!"

Hello to all, this is my first posting here, so I'd like to introduce myself: My name is Christian and I am working with Carsten at KeyboardPartner in Burgdorf, Germany. I will be here from time to time and try to answer questions related to KeyboardPartner's products.

@hardware: I'm glad you like the HX3 sound like we do. Sustain and Sostenuto is tied to the MIDI channel. So if it is sent on MIDI 2 it will affect the lower manual only.

Regards,

Christian

KeyboardPartner

Hi Christian,

I second JohnDoe - it is nice to know that KBP is involved and interested in customer feedback. Welcome!!!

The HX3 forum (and people like MG that are always extremely helpful) is a great tool but it is very difficult to navigate and consume due to the language barrier.

One issue that I continue to have with my HX3 Expander is that there is no "master"/overall volume. I am driving a GSi BURN rotary speaker emulation pedal and the HX3 clips the input of the BURN. As an alternative I do switch the output option to (internal) rotary so I can set the 122 amp level but that colors the sound. My request has been that an "overall" volume parameter be added right in the menu. Is that not possible??? This is very important to me as I need to continue to use the BURN instead of the internal rotary.

Thank you, Luis.

-------------------------------

Nord Stage 3, Mojo Classic, Leslie 771, Vent