Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Thank you!

ITGITC

Folks, with this, I've submitted 16,000 posts. Wow.

Some of you will say that I've wasted my time and should have been practicing instead... and I agree on the practicing part.

But I don't think I've wasted my time. Here's why...

I've met, on-line and in-person, a LOT of quality people. Quality because you all have taught me so much. Quality because whenever we have had meet-ups, I come away impressed by the thoughtfulness, generosity, and sheer intelligence of those I meet. And always - always - meeting forumites face-to-face confirms what a good group of people spend their time here.

At a recent meet-up near Richmond, Virginia I had the pleasure of meeting Gangsu. I didn't know she would be there. It was a total surprise - as she lives in Canada! Upon meeting Sue I gushed. :blush: Here is a female who has put up with all of our fart jokes and tasteless humor over the years, yet still she continues to contribute. Honestly, she is even more delightful, genuine, and lovely in person than I imagined.

Locally I've met BluesKeys, LearJeff, CNEGRAD, and other guys who have become good friends because we met through this forum. We've talked over beers, made music together, celebrated weddings and birthdays, laughed a lot, and supported each other through the years.

When I bought my Nord Electro HP, sight unseen, I called Eric - who writes reviews for Keyboard Mag. I asked for his honest advice and he told me to go for it. I did, and I'm very happy with this board. - Thanks Eric!

dB came through town about this time a few years back. And although I was out of town at the time, BluesKeys and LearJeff welcomed him over lunch. I'm sorry I missed that!

When forumites come to the area to perform, we try to make the gigs. So far I've met Jim Alfredson as well as Kanker. And, no kidding, both are HUGE talents and as nice as they can be!

There are many folks on this forum with whom I have exchanged emails. We've shared concerns and advice, and have even had a few off-line debates. It's always been rewarding. I've got to give a shout-out to ProfD. Whenever I travel to DC, he insists that we sit down for a beer... and that usually turns into dinner. The food usually gets cold before we can eat it because both of us love to run our mouth!

So, I've spent some time here, laughed a lot... learned a lot. I don't know how many folks have put me on their "Ignore" list. But for you who are reading this, and particularly those of you who don't always agree with my opinions - and let me know it - thanks for staying civil and accepting my apologies whenever it may have been determined that I could be mistaken. :)

This forum doesn't charge anything for us to read or participate. I try to support it by clicking through the ads and renewing my subscription to Keyboard Magazine every year. I think we all agree, there would certainly be a huge void if this forum were to disappear.

Believe it or not, this post isn't about me. It's about a reconfirmation that the people who contribute to this forum make it what it is, a place I look forward to visiting day after day.

16,000 posts - a waste of time?

I don't think so.

Thank you!

Tom

Is There Gas in the Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
congrats & dude... you rock. you're definitely one of the staples here that I feel I've kinda-in-a-virtual-but-no-creepy-kinda-way gotten to know through your posts. Good to have you here. If we ever meet in person, 1st beer's on me ...though you'll likely have to remind me & I'll likely deny it. :laugh:

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

Happy 16000, Tom! There have been a lot of good laughs in there. I think of you every time beer or sheep are mentioned. :D

I'm sorry I missed that Richmond hang. I had my first gig as band leader leader coming up. I really wanted to meet you, Sue, SK, ProfD, and the whole crew.

Stop by and you can have one of these. :thu:

http://B3and88.com/img/xs.jpg

--wmp

Congrats Tom, and thank you! I've always maintained that you are the heart and soul of this place. Your posts always seem to bring us together.

I never would have met and developed true friendships with good people like Tony (tonysounds) and Dan (RedKey) were it not for this place. Getting to know the folks who hang out here has been the best part of this forum.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Here's to you, Tom! One will be waiting for you if you ever visit here. :thu:

1393377_10152017854344853_1208732856_n.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Congrats on the milestone mayne. IMO, you are definitely a cornerstone of this forum. Whenever you're in town, you already know what to do. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I think a lot of us post when we're at work and practicing isn't even a real option (looks slyly at the RD64 sitting on the desk next to him).

Tom, you're the original hail-fellow-well-met sort of guy. Every forum could use more of those and less of, well, you know, 'nuff said.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Congrats on the milestone mayne. IMO, you are definitely a cornerstone of this forum. Whenever you're in town, you already know what to do. :thu::cool:

+1 from the new guy here. I'll buy the first round if you can include me in any future plans :)

:nopity:

I think we all agree, there would certainly be a huge void if this forum were to disappear.

Believe it or not, this post isn't about me. It's about a reconfirmation that the people who contribute to this forum make it what it is, a place I look forward to visiting day after day.

+1000

Congratulations, Tom! This place wouldn't be the same without you. It's the best online forum I've joined over the years--excellent people offering help and good humor--what more could we ask for?

Cheers!

http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/rich_media_quiz/topic/rmq_beer_calories/getty_rf_photo_of_group_beer_toast.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

If you had a beer for every one of your posts ... well ... :)

FYI thats only an average of 4 posts a day

for 11 years... doesnt seem like much in that regard

Following this logic, that amounts to just 4 beers per day. Not out of reach for a dedicated beer-enthusiast!

Cheers, Tom!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2644/4133519547_15d9f8f48b.jpg

Archived