Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Thank you!

ITGITC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom

You've always been one of the people that I seek out to hear from. I don't read all the threads, but you're one of those guys that I will read the thread if I see you've contributed.

Several years ago I posted about my synth dying on stage. I get this phone call. "Is this Mr. Nightime? I have one question. Is There Gas In The Car?"

You had the grace to call me when I felt down, and even though we've never met face to face, I consider you a friend.

The place wouldn't be the same without you.

Ronnie

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Keep up the good work Tom, and as close as we are there is no excuse for us not having a beer soon. Congrats on the milestone.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Man.... After reading that, I want to lift a glass. But it's 11:30, the wife's asleep, along with the dog and whatever cats have snuck into the room. Tom, can't recall how many times I've done a late night read of one of your posts and have suffered an inverted laughing fit - to keep from waking everyone up.

Always enjoy your posts, whether comic relief, a good point, or technically helpful. This place would be smaller without you. And there's that screen name: damn, since 2009 I've been asking myself more and more: If GAS continues, how long will I have a car ?

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Tom, my brother, I know you and what you say comes from the heart. Congrats on yet another milestone for the official Grand PooBah of posting.

Too long, since we toasted. Time to lift a cold one!!!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

If you had a beer for every one of your posts ... well ... :)

FYI thats only an average of 4 posts a day

for 11 years... doesnt seem like much in that regard

Following this logic, that amounts to just 4 beers per day. Not out of reach for a dedicated beer-enthusiast!

Cheers, Tom!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2644/4133519547_15d9f8f48b.jpg

I hope this truck load wasn't a failed order, on it's way to your house Tom! :D.

"The Grand Poohba of Posting" - like that title :D

Brett

Tom, my brother - thank you for everything, both on and outside of the forum.

You are one of a kind, and it is very cool that like minded brethren can connect across the country and the globe because of this place.

Keep inciting beer and insurrection here, my friend.

Tim

Tom! You can't imagine the shock of thinking, after all this time, to check out this forum and finding your post. Just know that it was grrreat meeting you too! You're every bit as friendly, funny, respectful, (not to mention sarcastic and devious) a southern gentleman as one could imagine. The pleasure was all ours. (SK says Hi. :) (Not that I can speak for both of us. ;) )

You're the best, Tom. Thanks for the shout.

Sooo.. how's the purple Kurz?? I'm still using The Best Keyboard to ever raise an eyebrow around here. BTW I was grateful for the video someone posted on the demise of Generalmusic. I haven't yet watched the whole thing but I will. A real shame. I still use the PM3 for everyday recording, but it's travelling days are over.. just got tired of lugging it around.

I'm now gigging with a Roland RD-64. It's got a good onboard piano, and is a decent controller. I absolutely love the convenience of it.

That was a good hang SK arranged at the Wabi Sabi. Let's make the next one a little closer to home. Congrats on 16000!!!! :thu: Sue

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Tom, I've had the pleasure of hanging with you and several other forumites at the meetups, and I agree 100% with what you said. There are some great people here. While I don't always participate in the threads, I lurk here often, and it usually gets me in trouble because I keep reading these gear/gas reports and then I want to spend money that I shouldn't, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I was thinking last night, that it's been a while since our last mid Atlantic gathering, and that we should do it again. Markyboard's kitchen HAS to be done by now, right?

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Tom, you've been awful quiet since reaching the 16,000 mark. :laugh:

I don't think that number will ever change.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Tom - it's been a pleasure to meet you (online and by phone) - you are indeed one of the positive influences here.

@gangsu - Good to see you posting again, Missed 'ya.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Tom, you've been awful quiet since reaching the 16,000 mark. :laugh:

I don't think that number will ever change.

Its hanging in there!

Sure is. You still with us, Tom? :snax:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Tom says that everyone here on KB Corner are great people!

That's because he never met me! :/:facepalm:

If you ever put together another KB hang, I will be happy to attend if I am unemployed (which is about half the time) provided you buy the beer! I'd like to meet my partner Prof D while we're at it.

Cheers!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Thanks Guys - and Sue! :love:

I've been under the weather with some sort of virus that keeps hanging on... low grade fever, coughing, all around blahs.

It'sa no good.

My wife is a teacher in an elementary school. I blame her for bringing home the nasties that those filthy little nose-miners harbor. Now I'm thinking that maybe I should have gotten a flu shot this year. I dunno. :facepalm:

Anyway, looking back on it, this thread was just an excuse for me to (once again) tell you that I benefit greatly from the wisdom that you all contribute. And I appreciate it. I'm no music major, electrical engineer, or a classical pianist - although sometimes I pretend to be. :) So, I post about guys who date sheep, my love for Steely Dan music, and how beer is going to somehow right all the wrongs in the world. 16,000 sheep jokes. WTF, right?

So, I hope you all will continue to keep up the good work... crazy old farts.

Which reminds me... if you're like my Dad and like to play "pull my finger", or let one go and swear it was the dog (we didn't have a dog)...

I got your back. :thu:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Tom,

Great post and congrats on your milestone! This place is indeed special, and you, sir, are a huge part of the reason why. Your humor, humility, encouragement, knowledge, and engagement are without peer, and I suspect I speak for all Forumites when I say that this place wouldn't be close to the same without you.

I was bummed to miss the last Mid-Atlantic hang, but I certainly hope to make the next one. In the meantime, next time you're in DC and getting together with the good Professor, drop me a line. I'd love to see both you guys again. It's been far too long.

Peace, Brother Tom!

Noah

Archived