Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Uncomfortably Numb

gryphon

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. I simply don't have words for this! Some things are better left never being captured on video.
Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

Never occurred to me to play it in 5/4. These boys are obviously from the future. :thu:

It does seem that the drummer was taking a stab at 5/4. Meanwhile the singer was in a rather rubato 4/4. The guitarist was in some kind of 3; he also utilized a unique tuning. The bass player was, at least half the time, doing the safe thing: sticking with whole notes....

:sick: Utterly stunning....

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

How does this happen? Who let them up there? Seems like an experiment - pick a few wasted people from the crowd, hang instruments on them, and see what happens. I began trying to analyze who was doin what wrong (or more wrong than the others), but I gave up.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I thought it was ironic that there was a big sign that said "MUSIC" directly above them.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Where's the keyboard player?

He was the only one who got the address correct. He's at McNasty's Bar and Taxidermy, playing Comfortably Numb with a smooth jazz trio that was hired to do a Breast Cancer Awareness brunch benefit and got the address wrong too.

For those of you not running or avoiding Flash, here's the YouTube link (not embedded for good reason).

I love the look on the singer's face right around 00:27 after "come on, now." He totally looks like, "WTF are you guys doing???"

I also liked the way the one guitar player was unplugging and getting off the stage before the song was even over.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

It's one thing to suck in private, but jerking off publicly is just rude and stupid.

It's a shame that more bands just like this one don't take this into account... and quit.

The girls in the audience may have thought those guys were cute when they were sixteen. At 50 it's just pathetic.

...and they have no clue. :facepalm:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I can't decide which is worse.... This vid or the Final Countdown butchery that's been on the t00b for the last few years...

Final Countdown, pretty much everything was there except the awful singer.

This, this was a group effort at sucking in spectacular fashion, and they hit all their marks.

I think I would have stopped everyone right off the bat and said "SOMEONE F***ING COUNT IT OFF!"

I don't think I've ever heard a band so completely ignore each other like that.

I blame the "lead" guitarist - everyone was trying (in vain) to follow him, and he obviously had zero sense of timing.

It does seem that the drummer was taking a stab at 5/4.

A stabbing would have only helped that effort.

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

Who knows maybe they weren't being paid and it was a freebie jam. The way the singer was looking around with that WTH look my guess is that it isn't even a band. Good for them for giving it a go. We all do according to our own talents.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I play a little guitar and I read the Telecaster forum. Someone asked the question Can you play Comfortably Numb on a Tele and someone posted the clip below. Then we found out guitarist from the cover band was a forum member and showed up in the thread. The world can be a small place.

[video:youtube]

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived