Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Uncomfortably Numb

gryphon

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In closing I would like to say that given the opportunity, most people WILL photograph/videotape an accident scene, especially when that accident is predicated by two numbskulls standing on the roof of their house ready to jump off that roof onto a folding table, with one piledriving the other. Its human nature.

Holy shit that was horrifying....I can't imagine that either of those two idiots ever walked normally again.

Never occurred to me to play it in 5/4. These boys are obviously from the future. :thu:

It does seem that the drummer was taking a stab at 5/4. Meanwhile the singer was in a rather rubato 4/4. The guitarist was in some kind of 3; he also utilized a unique tuning. The bass player was, at least half the time, doing the safe thing: sticking with whole notes....

:sick: Utterly stunning....

You were hearing time? Really. Really? I thought it was more in the neighbourhood of shit/shit. But hey, they definitely are beginners. Still, though. Major :facepalm:

I think that the drummer was trying to follow three guys who were all playing in different times and locations of the song... love the panic look on the singer's face... At 3:27 he shakes his head in total discuss.... Like... "Damn, we suck!"

That being said, we have all been a part of train wrecks on stage... right????

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Even Doyle's band sounds better than these guys!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Even Doyle's band sounds better than these guys!

Nice one Dave :thu: - from 0.43 onwards is hilarious !

I also laughed at the comment someone said about the angry neighbour (0.58)sounding like Yosemite Sam ! :D.

[video:youtube]

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

Great film... "Slingblade"... this is my favorite band scene from the film...

then you have this...

Whether or not these guys gave it their "best" effort (it doesn't appear that they did, and if they did, that's even sadder in a way), isn't the problem here.

Some things just shouldn't be videotaped and put on the internet, where it remains forever.

I was gonna write this, but you beat me to it. Why tape it? And then...why put it up on the internet?

I don't know what the situation here was. Looks like a bunch of people who don't know the song. I mean, I'm a good musician, but I don't know how to play this song at all, so if someone made me play the song, I'd sound really bad too.

Yes, you are! It's not often one slides by me, but you totally got me on this one! Have a great weekend.
I'm hoping for it. The gig tonight is...interesting, challenging, and pretty difficult considering I'll be walking on the stage shortly to play 90 minutes of material I've never played, and most of it I've never heard.

Hope yours is groovy too ;)

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Have fun, Kev! :thu:

I'm sure it will be better than the OP topic, regardless. ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I'll be walking on the stage shortly to play 90 minutes of material I've never played, and most of it I've never heard.

That's a "white knuckle flight" for sure. Best wishes on that one!

:thu:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Well, I made it through the gig...comfortably...

...And Numb?

http://www.boysofbourbon.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/evanwilliams.jpg

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Thanks to Gryphon for that post! One of my friends posted a similar "jam" video on YouTube a few years ago and it was horrible.

I was there and covered my parts fine, but over-all the playing was a clusterxxxx. Now I know there are much much worse jam videos out there....lol Thanks for this post!!!!

Don

Yamaha MOXF8, MOXF6, Radial Key Largo, Yamaha DXR 10's

I don't know what the situation here was. Looks like a bunch of people who don't know the song. I mean, I'm a good musician, but I don't know how to play this song at all, so if someone made me play the song, I'd sound really bad too.
Not this bad - not if you're a good musician.

I've been in a number of train wrecks at local blues jams, but never this bad, where nobody seems to have much of a clue what to do with the instrument they're trying to play.

The bottom line is, it's awful, and so awful it's fun to poke at. But I agree: the real crime was recording and posting it!

Archived