Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O.T. Thoughts and Prayers Needed....

Still Learning

Hey people, we need some good thoughts and prayers for a family member that was just diagnosed with a very curable form of cancer. James is young, strong, a great friend and a wonderful husband to my wife's cousin. Click the reply button and let James know you're pulling for him! Thanks Keyboard Forum Friends!!
When most people go to work, they work. When musicians go to work, they play. Which do you prefer?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prayers go out to you and your family; I know what you're going through. My wife has cancer (I refuse to give it a capital letter). The oncologist has told us it will be terminal sometime; could be 6 months, could be 10 years. Point is THEY DON'T KNOW.

Her recovery is excellent at the moment and I believe we'll share many years together. A positive attitude is a must in these situations.

We will get through this; I believe you will too.

Gig rig: Motif XF8,Roland A37~laptop,Prophet 08,Yam WX5~VL70m.

Studio: V-Synth GT,Korg DW8000,A33,Blofeld,N1R,KS Rack,too many VSTs

Freefall www.f-music.co.uk

A guitarist friend has just survived a severe brain tumor operation, and is now on his way to complete rehabilitation.

So James, just keep thinking positive, and focus all your energy into fighting the illness. It *can* be beat.

It's great that your family member has a very curable form of cancer. I can think of at least one family member (my mother) and several friends who are no longer here as a result of cancer.

Please pass on my best.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

A very good friend and former co-worker of my wife is a breast cancer survivor. There are more and more prople out there that survive what was once a death sentence. Your friend will be one of those growing number that have beaten the big "C".

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Definitely hang in there. I have a few family members and friends are dealing with cancer right now too. It can be beat. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Best wishes. This should be taken as a reminder to treasure every day and the good things in life.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Thoughts and prayers indeed. On top of that, here's some HOPE.

In 2000 my then 60-year old father was diagnosed with an "incurable" blood cancer. They did the standard treatment which was geared toward slowing the progress, and lo and behold, he became cancer free and was the first diagnosed patient ever to be "cured" of this particular cancer. Now 9 years later he is still cancer free and greatly enjoying his retirement as he and my mother travel the country in their Casita camper.

Treatments are better and better all the time.

Good luck to your family member.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Been there. Scary stuff,even when they tell you it's curable. One thing I did that really helped me was to get copies of all my tests, keep them in a binder or scan them into pdfs. Study them and learn what the numbers mean. Read everything you can. Once you know what you're dealing with, it makes it a bit easier and you'll be in the loop on your treatment. Lotta things comin' at you pretty quick right now. Thank God for your wife, right? The good news is you'll never sweat the small stuff again. Damn, and here we thought 2009 was bad enough and almost over. Shit! I wish you only good things. This too will pass and things will be back to normal. Trust me.

Here's a box of thoughts and prayers heading out west...

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

This thread is timely as it causes me to take a look at myself during a tough financial and personal time that I'm going through, take a deep breath, and thank God for my fine health. When you're healthy you have nothing to complain about!

Best wishes to your family member. I'll be thinking about him and hoping for the best.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

You are in my family's prayers - my father passed from cancer, we do have several church friends and business friends that are cancer survivors.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Archived