Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Casio Privias - Lost In Translation

Brad Kaenel

Found this "translation" of a press release about the new Privias. It's quite obviously been feed through a computer translator, and the grammar and word-selection is just plain funny:

"The imaginative Casio PX-830 offers the playability and grumble distinction of a all-inclusive piano in a slim, classy fuselage with a front-to-back abyss of at best 275 mm. The PX-830 boasts slim dimensions with a abyss from pleasant b uncovered to casual on a countenance of at best 275 mm, thanks to a humble construction with a minutest toddler up of parts. With a smashing one-piece rotating keyboard dwelling-place and other insightful concern features, the PX-830 embodies the unexceptional loveliness of a piano in an generous, linear bottom line apropos the finest ideal in the Privia column. The keys announce what is on ones mind a matte cadaverous ivory culmination that offers a untroubled to all appearances on fingertips. When a explanation is not fully released and thereupon pressed again, the imaginative piano intention continue to deportment the exact same note, recreating the persuasiveness of a all-inclusive piano. The PX-830 keyboard uses three-sensors to establish explanation strokes.

"There are no springs in the keyboard-the keys action branch directed their own hammer avoirdupois. Lower notes deportment pretty heavier than higher notes, with a hard-headed explanation ignite.The Casio PX-830 features newly developed grumble begetter and keyboard technologies that aid it to logically connote the engrossed spectrum of on velvet all-inclusive piano tones from pianissimo to fortissimo.The PX-830 is at once obtainable in a modish bleak wood culmination or an generous bleak civilized culmination."

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After I stopped laughing I managed to pick up on a few things that may be of interest. It seems to feature, I believe, ivory feel keys. I'm wondering if they will also be included on the PX-330.

Better info I've read claims that only the top-of-the-line PX-830 has the ivory sim keys; PX-730, -330, -130 have standard plastic.

That said, I'm not sure I want to know what a "matte cadaverous ivory culmination" feels like!

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

Here's the same text translated a bit better ...

I don't think so. I think they've confused the issue. Does it come with a grumble begetter or not?

Larry.

Hahaha! :thu:

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but - that translation is funny and everything, I'm just not sure if I buy that it's authentic.

While it's certainly possible that it's a fake, I've been in high tech a long time, and I've seen LOTS of chingrish tech manuals. This one is pretty funny, but it's not flagrantly worse than actual, printed technical manuals that I have personal held in my own two hands.

Beyond that, I have no knowledge about this particular example.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

We used to call this "RolandSpeak"

Casio's in the big leagues now!

"If be no work, turn on again" circa 1979

Da di da dee dee dah.. Da di da dee dee dah dah.. diditt! (1980)

Ah RolandSpeak! I see where Genesis got the idea.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

That reads like any computer motherboard manual. I just got an MSI Wind netbook, and when I fired it up, it did some kind of automated software load that said on the screen something like "please to be wait while Window load for first time"

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

You know, there's a whole web site dedicated to pics of this kind of stuff. From the folks that bring you http://icanhascheezburger.com/ and http://ihasahotdog.com/

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

oh great, there goes my morning! :)

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Archived