Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

I'm bored as hell. I'm taking a course in Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice, I keep falling asleep.

My exam is in May, and I still have so much to go through :(

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I have a naive and stupid tendency to trust sites, just because they have a high 'Stumbleupon' recommendation rating. I guess they could be rated highly by the website owners themselves by repeatedly recommending on Stumbleupon.

I've changed my gmail password so hopefully that will put a stop to any more spam.

:blush:

I got a haircut yesterday. It's now this much shorter than Slap-pop-Karl's hair *shows how short using hand*

THat, and I got proofed TWICE last night. And I'm 46. That's gotta make you feel good inside. From now on, I'm keeping my hair real short and I'm only going to hang out in dark bars.

younger woman ay?

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

OK, so I've been looking, searching for another gig. I need to spread my wings a bit more. So I got in touch with this craigslist key player who wants to start a funk/R&B band. First e-mail volleys seem reasonable, and we agree to meet at the local blues jam (same one I wore "The Shirt"), and the guy blows me off.

Here's my e-mail to him:

Robert

I didn't see you last night at The Nines. Didja forget, or is this project losing steam?

Peace

Paul K

Here's his reply:

Hi Paul,

No, I was is Syracuse for a few days getting my Ferrari and Benz ready for the Summer. I also bought a Yamaha Stage PA System and a new trailer for my Sea Doo.

Just not in a hurry. I'll make it to The Nines one of these Mondays.

Thanks for asking.

Robert

The devil in me wants to pursue it enough so he actually shows up for the Blues Jam, blow him off, then respond to his e-mail like this:

Robert

Sorry for missing the jam thing last night. I was boffing my wife on the hood of my Stealth TT and kind of lost track of time. I'm not in a rush, though. I'll make it one of these days.

Peace

Paul K

P.S. Don't you have "people" to take care of your car maintainance issues?

My question to you: If I did this, would it make me a bad person????

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Naw Paul, not like you are trying to get him to deposit millions into an american account but need him to send you $2000 for fees.

Why waste YOUR time by putting an ad in and then get a response and oh, when I get around to it. ?!?WTF?!?

Idiots, isn't there a boat for them or something?

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

And here is Robert'sreply:

Hi Paul,

What polish do you use on your Stealth TT? I want my maintenance people to start polishing my Viper, now that the weather is improving.

I am really looking forward to getting our band started as soon as possible! As you can see I am really into making it happen! My last band, the Jaded Boners, took 5 years to get the first rehearsal in! So you should be happy I am giving you so many opportunities for my valuable time! Unlike bass wankers, we keyboard playa's don't grow on trees. (lol, I am SO funny!)

Your bandleader and superstar,

Robert

;)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Okay so I've waited patiently for an explanation within a thread and I didn't want to start anew one for this question but I missed the boat and then saw this thread. What the heck does GAS mean, I see it periodically throughout here esp. when one buys a new bass. I missed the boat and now suffer the deprivation of a lack of knowledge. Would someone care to fill me in? Thanks

Jackson C20 Concert Bass / Polytone Contempo B Solid Body / Peavey MAX 750 Watt Head / Ampeg 810E

Sometimes you just need to let go and jam

Peace,

Corey

http://www.myspace.com/onemanpomegranate

Rosa,

GAS is an acronym for;

Gear

Acquisition

Syndrome

Even with todays medical advancements there is really no

known cure for this sometimes wonderful disease.

Clicky Here for a Good History

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

Paul - I don't see why you are upset. Be patient, and enjoy being driven around in top-flight rides. And think of the parties by the lake where you can try out his see-doo...

Hey - stuff happens, and meeting at a jam sounds pretty loose. If he said he had to work or any other normal excuse, I'd cut him some slack. Given his pretentiousness, I'd just drop it.

Of course, he may have been there and been too overwhelmed by "The Shirt". It does seem to have magical powers.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Of course, he may have been there and been too overwhelmed by "The Shirt". It does seem to have magical powers.

Tom

:D Cut it out, Tom. You're Killing me! Good thing I didn't have a beverage here by the computer.

All in all, I'm not surprised by this craigslist flake; they all seem to be flaky. But I figure if you're not willing to throw the line into the water, then you're guaranteed to not catch anything.

Greets all!!! I Wanted to share this with you fellows, and didn´t wanted to start a new thread just for it.

I have been the bass player for this band for about a couple months. All of a sudden, (more exactly, two days before the show date) the lady wants me to switch to electric guitar, so I had to find a fellow bass player to fill me in, and sit in the guitar chair.

The fantastic thing was that we actually made it to the gig, and played it. Here is one of the songs (After my solo the lady screams "Juan Carlín", which is a strange diminutive form of "Juan Carlos" which is my name... a friend called me like that years ago (almost 15 or more) and since then, every one of his friends calls me like that... and they are some. Thing is.. seems like I am not called by my own name on stage any longer ;) ).

Check also the AWESOME drummer we´re playing with, his name is Omar Márquez. I made him promise we´d arrange something as an ensamble -me on bass- since the guy is really good and is very much into fusion... hopefully it will be a blast. :)

Here the video of the song AMANECI DE BALA. , as it was broadcasted by AVILA TV, a local TV station. Hope you enjoy it.

Brought to you by Juancarlin.

www.juancarlinmusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/JuanCarlinMusic

www.facebook.com/JuanCarlinMusic

Instagram: @JuanCarlinMusic

Oh yea, since January I lost 45 pounds and cut my long hair short! Feel much better, with 15 more to go.

The last time, I lost 134 pounds...

I divorced her! (rim shot) Ba Da Bing!

Warwick Corvette 4 Proline

Tune Casiopea TWX 6 string

Greets all!!! I Wanted to share this with you fellows, and didn´t wanted to start a new thread just for it.

I have been the bass player for this band for about a couple months. All of a sudden, (more exactly, two days before the show date) the lady wants me to switch to electric guitar, so I had to find a fellow bass player to fill me in, and sit in the guitar chair.

The fantastic thing was that we actually made it to the gig, and played it. Here is one of the songs (After my solo the lady screams "Juan Carlín", which is a strange diminutive form of "Juan Carlos" which is my name... a friend called me like that years ago (almost 15 or more) and since then, every one of his friends calls me like that... and they are some. Thing is.. seems like I am not called by my own name on stage any longer ;) ).

Check also the AWESOME drummer we´re playing with, his name is Omar Márquez. I made him promise we´d arrange something as an ensamble -me on bass- since the guy is really good and is very much into fusion... hopefully it will be a blast. :)

Here the video of the song AMANECI DE BALA. , as it was broadcasted by AVILA TV, a local TV station. Hope you enjoy it.

Wonderful! Yes great drummer, great band, great solo!

Great singer too!

That deserved it's own thread!

Oh yea, since January I lost 45 pounds and cut my long hair short! Feel much better, with 15 more to go....(snip)...

Hooray for you! That's wonderful! 15 lbs a month is a whole lot to lose. Time for a new wardrobe; don't be letting that baggy ass thing happen......

I cut my pony tail off probably 14 years ago (I used to be refered to as "Dr. Ponytail" in the office, as nobody can pronounce my last name...) Besides saving money on conditioner, I immediately got treated much better by the community at large. I'd have rather kept my freak flag, but life is what it is.....

Gigs!

This year has been ridiculous. I was talking with TimR about the relative scarcity of gigs this year. The economic downturn must be having a major effect on people not wanting to throw so many parties etc. Either that or a lot of people have suddenly worked out that I suck!

All I've had recently are a couple of unpaid promotional appearances. Then, at last, the phone has begun to ring. Several juicy cover band gigs in May and June on the way. The acoustic band still does not have a proper gig but at least the cover gigs are coming back. Hooray!

I have some well paid gigs in may and june.

But what's killing me is my move next wekk I have far too much to do

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio