Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Promoted at work: good.

No forum access: bad.

If I am really craving a post I could go to one of those internet cafes where you pay $2 for like 30 seconds...

Put $2 in my PayPal and I'll post it. :thu:

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

I hope Tibet regain there freedom, then The Dali lambda can go back. It would kinda suck to not be allowed to go to your birth country.

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Well that applies to a lot of people Karl. It does suck! There are millions of refugees around the world from many countries including China, Iran, Burma, Zimbabwe etc.

You should watch the movie Persepolis which is pretty current about a girl growing up in Iran at the time of the revolution.

I like politics movies :)

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Well I live with my mum and dad and may £30 a week board, I got a job at the wool mill so i make enough. I saved my money and bought the car, happily I'm not one of those mummies and daddies boys, it was £800 took a few months to save for. Its a 1L Corsa GLS 1998 so its an alright age for a first car, plus didn't have much miles on it. I'm on my dads insurance policy so atm seems i don't have a full license its about £40 per month to pay for the insurance sadly that will go up when i pass, I'm not to sure what it will go up to. Ain't done any lessons yet with a instructor so i wont pass anytime soon so gives me and my dad enough time to sort out the problems on it.

congrats on your first car Karl, man having a car is like having a kid, or a wife who likes designer clothes

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

I want to watch Rebetiko, which is about the music form which developed under various Greek political situations.

Talking of Balkan politics, my Balkan band now has a Turkish singer - so we have a Turkish girl singing in Greek which is brilliant if you know anything about the politics of the region. We've added some great Turkish tunes too.

Playing music, we often seem to be able to transcend politics in some ways. Though we are the lucky ones, living in societies with so much freedom.

I played a benefit last night. Nine or Ten bands doing three Tom Petty tunes each, no repeats. For some strange reason, I was nervous before our downbeat. It probably had something to do with the crowd (bunch of musicians) and the waiting-waitin-waiting to go onstage. But I was a little nervous. Was a strange feeling....

We rocked, it was fun. I was suprised how many of the acts were accoustic; they would have worked better in a cafe than a club. But was fun nonetheless. Do wish the other cats got on and off the stage with a whole lot more urgency; the crowd kept getting bored with the too long breaks.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

The new Ric is going back to musiciansfriend because, upon closer inspection, I found an indent about the size of a dime, right on the back of the body near the input jack. For the money I paid, a new one is in order. Does this mean I am getting a new Fish, again? :)

Just the short while I played it, the sound is so unique to itself that its frightening. I have a PJ that does its own thing very well, but the Ric just sings.

OK, so I'm cruising through Sears just killing some time, and I see they are selling these hammers that are painted in camouflage.

I guess when you lose one of those in the lawn, you can always find it with the lawnmower.

Right well i decided to think of 10 bands i would like to see in one fest gig etc. So i got thinking and its really hard! :( so go on name 10 bands.

queen, motorhead, pearl jam, alice in chains, the clash, Iron maiden, Hendrix, The ramones, The beastie boys, and I really cant decide on a tenth

Karls totally excited! Got his tenth! queen, motorhead, pearl jam, alice in chains, the clash, Iron maiden, Hendrix, The ramones, The beastie boys, and MJ

I got a haircut yesterday. It's now this much shorter than Slap-pop-Karl's hair *shows how short using hand*

THat, and I got proofed TWICE last night. And I'm 46. That's gotta make you feel good inside. From now on, I'm keeping my hair real short and I'm only going to hang out in dark bars.