Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

I was on the train heading home today when I noticed a couple of people reading novels. Did you ever notice that the on the front cover THE AUTHOR HAS HIS/HER NAME SO BIG THAT YOU CAN SEE IT ACROSS THE STREET, and the title is something really tiny that one cares to read it. Oh, if it's a MR./MS. SO-AND-SO BOOK, IT MUST BE GOOD.

Also, the back cover almost always has this huge portrait of the author sitting in outside in a garden. This Novel-Formula really irks me, so I don't read them... :D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys! i want to be around more. i'm like hm...who can i ask about stuff...

oh yeah, my best buddies ever!

so here's a little update---i'm really into the school of rock, my goal being the all-star team this summer.

i finally have a few silly little videos:

here's the cool one: this was on the local morning news....some shots of me, my boss, and my buddies, but mostly the little kids. the cuteness is a huge factor, le sigh. they didn't stick around to film our rehearsal, which was later, but this is a great vid anyway:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=E44C6A9C822F863B8C68E7B879873FB7?contentId=4952530&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

and here's some improv we did around the holidays: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0K6H3OH9mRw

yes, that is a shopping mall we're playing in.

glad to be back! for good.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

aww, i feel loved. it's great to be talking to you guys again! i wish i could have made it to BPL '07, but rest assured i'll try to make it to the next one. <3 those things!

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

Nice vids, pal!!! Made me want to catch my pupils on cam and post some too. (envy mode on, hahahaha!). Keep the good work. ;)

Makes me wonder a lot about the future of music education, when comparing it to what it was when I was (ahem!!!) younger. ;) . Don´t you all?

Brought to you by Juancarlin.

www.juancarlinmusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/JuanCarlinMusic

www.facebook.com/JuanCarlinMusic

Instagram: @JuanCarlinMusic

Love the common moves - he needs to add one like biting the lower lip or tongue sticking out the side of the mouth while playing. And the "here's the bass player giving a cable to the guitarist who just mashed his and doesn't carry a spare".

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Does anyone read this thread? Anyway...

Here's an article " Common moves of the bass player "

DIG THAT hah

aww, i feel loved.
Lucky you....

wha?

Does anyone read this thread? Anyway...

Here's an article " Common moves of the bass player "

Just so you all know, the "Slide Up The Neck" move is pretty much universally associated with me. None of you can make this move without looking like a Bottomgottem fanboy.

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

hey guys, guess what! i just got an acceptance letter to this school: http://www.csw.org/

i'm still waiting to see if i got into another one, but i'm psyched about this! =]

Congrats Maisie !!

What does it mean when it says it's a "day boarding school"? Will you be living at home or at the school? You mom would miss you!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

thank you!

i'd be living at home, that jsut means that i'd have the OPPORTUNITY to board, so it's a mix of day and boarding students.

yo. i used to go to the school right next to dana hall...i know a buncha girls there =]

annddd also

I GOT IN HERE TOO http://www.concordacademy.org/

dayum i'm on fiyah.

Maisie if you got into one of these ( http://www.danahall.org/ or http://www.stmarksschool.org/ both in Massachussets) you could come to the school I work in as an exchange student.

i live in wellesley dude thats ill

Is it a current trend that some of the new people just hang out on the one thread they start? Or maybe they're just being sensitive and feeling their way in. If you read this guys, well done - you've proved me wrong and I'm always happy to be wrong; I get plenty of practice.
Well i was hanging about on the one thread i started when i was here becuase well it attracted some people for a while, but it was also becuase i was a bit shy to go to other peoples threads and say somthing maybe that was said already or that is not right to say.

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!