Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

Erm... Well, I've never written a love song so I don't know if they work. The one time somebody's mentioned me in a song, I felt extremely self-conscious. But then again, they were singing it in public.

Best of luck, and I really hope it works! The words sound pretty good: personally, I could never get lyrics to be as sincere as that, so I gave up a long time ago.

Bear in mind though, that it's practically impossible to talk a woman into anything, as far as relationships are concerned. Either they're into it, or they're not. But then again, I've never tried writing a love song! :D

PS: and it's heart "break", not "brake". Brakes are those things on your bike. ;)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just really hope she dosn't hang up on me. I'm gonna have to do it over the phone because she will never agree to meeting up with me so soon after. sigh :P

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Escher in Lego

http://jheer.org/blog/archives/000103.html

How to get kicked off a My Little Pony Forum

http://www.aclevercookie.com/how-to-get-kicked-off-a-my-little-pony-forum/

Bizarre world location (I'm terrified just to look at the photos)

http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/taking-a-swim-in-the-devils-pool.html

How to say thank you in an incredibly large number of langauges

http://www.elite.net/~runner/jennifers/thankyou.htm

The greatest prank ever!

http://www.gadling.com/2008/02/01/best-prank-ever-stopping-time-at-grand-central-station/

Thanks to Don @ The Guitar Forum for the last and StumbleUpon for the others.

Isn't the Internet great?

I received a free acoustic guitar today. With stab holes in it :D, only needs new strings, new pegs and a bit at the top, i think its a bridge but not to sure what to call it. I also got my provisional license today and guitar hero (the receiver broke)

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Good deal getting the free guitar Karl, and your temp license too.

And I hope your girlfriend has a change of heart. She might if she sees you're sincere. Good luck with it all.

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

Bought strings and bridges and pegs. Had to super glue the low E peg though kept coming out when under tension, just hope the string doesn't break! It doesn't sound that bad for a cheap guitar with stab holes all around the front.

Had to super glue the low E peg though kept coming out when under tension, just hope the string doesn't break!

So how are you planning on changing strings? :wave: I think it would have been much more sensible to wedge the peg with something, traditionally it's a Rizla.

Yeah, well... they're not like bass strings, you know. When guitar strings get old, they DO sound like crap. :D

Anyway, I'm sure there's plenty of solutions to the problem up to and including breaking the peg off and drilling it out of the bridge. Cross that bridge if and when you come to it.

Yeah, but if we both mean the same thing by "superglue" :D Bah... cross that bridge when you come to it.

What do you mean by "stab wounds" to the front? Did it save some guy's life? I knew a girl who owned a Telecaster with a bullet in it. Some guy had been playing in a NY bar when a gunfight broke out and the Tele stopped a bullet for him.

But, even though he'd obviously received A Sign that he was meant to play that Telecaster, the ungrateful bastard sold it the next day and gave up on music.

Well, Kosovo has been declared the world's newest nation.

Looks like I need a new map...

I used to snigger whenever my parents complained that half the places on their old school atlas didn't exist anymore... and now I find that a lot of the places in my 1970s Atlas don't exist anymore either. :cry:

Their Atlas included places like the Belgian Congo, French Indochina and the Spanish Sahara. My Atlas, OTOH, had a big red area marked USSR and Germany was still divided.

I used to have this terrific kiddie encyclopaedia written in Britain during the early 1930s and it was full of gems like, "Only time will tell whether Mr. Mussolini will be as succesful at running his country as he has been at running its trains, but we wish him luck on his endeavour". Or words to that effect. And it fawned quite embarassingly over Hitler, too.

Didn't THOSE editors have to do a quick rewrite in 1939! :D

Hey, no problem. Hardly anyone reads this thread anyway! ;)

Jake is getting more popular. I sent the link to the mandola player I work with. He says that Jake is getting very popular in Japan and is Hawaiian of Okinawan descent. Okinawa has a history of producing great string players and Tommo, the madola player I work with is from Okinawa.

Synchronicity!

He's wonderful, very musical.

Wow, I just played the YouTube vid and he's amazing. I must admit I was prepared to hate it (not big on ukes) and I found myself drifting with the music and regretting that he finished so soon. Great stuff!