Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Foods You Hate

Warthog

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, I disagree. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that a sheep stomach tastes good.

And I will never eat one.

Unless I'm offered money.

Or a guitar. Or something.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

Um....yes.

But only those Hewbrew National whatever they're called ones. The okay ones.

And maybe a Fenway Frank or two. Hey, I can't NOT do it.

I totally did not just give away where I live.

ACCIDENT!

I don't really think you guys are creepy stalkers, anyway.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

Not that kind, a different kind of creepy. :eek:

There are great dogs out there. Had some Trader Joe's for the 4th. With sauerkraut and mustard. They was gooood!

I don't think we really want to know. Unless you could care less like me. I love chicken hearts and gizzards! :eek: They are a great source of fuel and mussel build protean.

I guess I'm not that picky w/ food. Wow. I thought I was. You guys make me look like the biggest food lover of all time.

I love basil pesto. I love basil, garlic, and parmiggiano cheese. I like some liver pattées (sp?) (not all). I can eat cabbage, but it has to be fresh and w/ a dressing or as a wrap of something. I love cilantro (not on everything--I've never had it in pizza) and a more powerful form of it we call "recao" or "culantro" in Puerto Rico--it's a long leaf that the Vietnamese also use in their food, so I guess it's a tropical thing. I love a wide variety of Indian dishes, including most typical Indian curry sauces. I love grilled meats if the cuts are good and the spices are there almost incognito, no spices are good as long as it's medium-rare slab of beef, and I like them even more w/ sprinkled red wine or pre-marinaded in wine. Some of my favorite dishes are Indian, PR'ican (obviously), Italian, South-American (like ceviche, yum), Greek, Moroccan, some Middle-Eastern stuff, and French. I love well-spiced hamburgers, w/ a nice slice of richly-flavored white cheese (swiss, etc) and some l & t.

I guess I don't like most food I've heard described as "British" or "German" I've tried (like sauerkraut, and a ground beeksteak that was simply horrid at this German pub in chicago), except for some semi-sweet sauces for red meat I've had. I don't like peanut butter, but I can eat it combined w/ raspberry or strawberry jelly if it's good (I've had VERY fresh-made peanut butter and it's definitely better). I don't like most meatloafs I've had. I hated something I had once called 'chipped beef and gravy' in a cheap hotel in Texarkana, TX. Most disgusting food I've had in a long time, almost made me puke and it was for breakfast. I'm sure there's a good version of it somewhere, but that wasn't it--I can't really blame the dish itself, though. I dislike most BBQ sauces I've tried that taste like sweet ketchup w/ hot crap in it, I dislike Tabasco and often times, Mexican sauces (although I like SOME not-too-spicy, smoky-tasting chipotle sauces w/ chips--I find this type of suace kinda yucky when there's something cooked with it). I'm not that crazy about blood sausages either.

In the US, I've heard people use the word cilantro for the leaves and coriander for the ground, dried version.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Let me add to my list above. I hate green olives, black olives are ok in cooking or on a sandwhich but the green ones are nasty. I like most salty tasting foods but keep those green olives away from me.

I have only had caviar once and it so salty I could hardly put it in my mouth. I ate it because I was at a christmas party with people from work when I had just started the job, and I didn't want to insult the host. I hope I didn't make any faces, but that was really hard to eat.

The absolute worse thing I ever had was when my mom decided to experiment to spice up her cooking. My parents had a rule that you couldn't leave the table till you ate everything on your plate. They changed that rule when she made V8 jello. She cut us some slack when two hours later all five kids... AND MY DAD... were still sitting at the table. My mom is a really good cook, but we still like to tease her about this.

Never had caviar, but have heard it's gross.

I like all olives, at least that I know of. The green ones I don't eat by themselves, but I like them in tapenades mixed w/ kalamatas, etc. Olive tapenade on garlic bread?--YUM! Also, I use the green ones for cooking--they add flavor, leave them alone and don't eat them. I don't eat them by themselves, they're pretty much used for cooking, and in some dishes, they actually get the flavor of some of the other stuff that's cooked along, and what you may find yucky in their flavor gets diluted and they turn out tasting great (and I already said, I don't like them by themselves). Try it cooked in ground beef, with herbs, obviously salt, maybe even garlic, and red wine (cooking or regular). I also use it in chicken stew (not sure if that would be the proper name), or beans.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

I'm probably the only person on this planet who gags at the smell of cucumber. Some folks say it has no smell. Wanna bet?!? Smells like I'm gonna hurl real quick is what it smells like!! I don't even care to chuck it in my compost sometimes. Have to add that cilantro is pretty awful too. Now peanut butter pie, that's a good thing!
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

I'm Lactose intolerant, so I rarely get to eat Ice Cream, and haven't had a glass of Milk or Cereal in a couple of decades (and i really love Ice Cream)

Guitar Geezer

I have good news for you. There are two ways to deal with this problem. One, you can buy Lactose free Ice Cream and Milk. Two, you can buy pills called Lactaide (There's also another brand called Lactaise I think). You take two of these things about an hour before you eat anything with lactic acid in it and it won't bother you a bit.

Buy yourself a bottle, take a few pills and within an hour, you can once again enjoy ice cream!

More blasphemy coming...

Always remember

that we eat to live,

not the other way around... ;)

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

I hate lima beans as they are, but mash 'em into a paste with some garlic, olive oil, crushed chiles, sour cream, and a little dijon.....killer dip!
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Hmm. Boney fish, crabs, mollusks, turkey, spinach, guacamole, mushrooms (I won't eat fungus), organs (heart, liver, kidneys, gizzards, etc.), soft cheeses and tongue. I'm also sick of chicken because that's almost all you can get at the food court where I work.

Born on the Bayou

I saw a show once where this dude ate an octopus and it climbed back up his throat. He almost died. Wasn't fake though.

Hahah yeah. I thought this was a "normal" forum when I joined, so I made a lame name. Usually I use CrispyMegillah.

Well my dog eats his own poop.

Hey, I don't know why, maybe I'm missing out on something. You have fun, puppy. But you can never lick my face again....I'm too lazy to find that barf smiley

Archived