Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Foods You Hate

Warthog

Right, Sas - I should have specified - I couldn't forgive myself if someone choked to death on an unshelled conch! http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/banghead.gif
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ihategarybettman:

To each his own. Many of the foods listed here (seafood, grits, eggplant, curry, Velveeta, broccoli, asparagus, onions, garlic) are among my favorites. To me, there are very few smells more heavenly than onions and garlic sauteing in butter.

Or the smell of cooling a roux down with the Trinity when you're making a big pot of File' Gumbo.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Other stuff I don't like:

Potato salad, water chestnuts, seaweed, scallops, oysters, squash, corned beef hash. The most heinous thing ever is Ranch dressing. I know I'm in the minority, but the mere sight of it makes me dry heave.

Things I love that you hate:

Cheese, oatmeal ( the real stuff, not instant), broccoli, spinach, garlic, onions, bananas.

Oh yeah, and coffee, I love coffee, the blacker the better.

Originally posted by Phil W:

hate . . . food: those words never go togther for me - unless it's mass-produced and poor quality or badly cooked.

Like those little cans of spotted meat? or Vienna sausages? or pickled eggs? or pickled pigs feet? or Tripe? or chitterlings?

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by ihategarybettman:

To me, there are very few smells more heavenly than onions and garlic sauteing in butter.

+1, or virgin olive oil.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by Pappy P:

Pesto Sauce.

I can't stand pesto sauce.

Wow. How could that be? More blasphemy in the forums!

...unless you're about talking Texas-style chipotle pesto sauce. Yuck.

My MySpace Space

I like just about any type of food, not too afraid to try anything ONCE. However

Liver is a BIG NO (and giblets etc)

Can't eat Apricots, they taste metallic to me :freak:

Broccoli is OK, but it doesn't like me, along with eggs, cabbage etc......so I stay away when possible

DO NOT Like Sprouts of any kind!

ANd Pappy just reminded me, not too crazy about Pesto, had a few Bad ones.

And I'm Lactose intolerant, so I rarely get to eat Ice Cream, and haven't had a glass of Milk or Cereal in a couple of decades (and i really love Ice Cream)

Lynn G

Yes Sasquatch51, I eat all of those. I like all stuff: squid in ink, frogs, duck-tongue (not much worth bothering with, menudos, chicken feet (I love them), raw fish (the greatest food!) etc. etc.

I have a strange aversion to eggs (except omelettes and in cakes etc.) which I feel is very shameful and wich I didn't. I've never tried escargots and I'm a bit dubious about eating insects. I hate the aftertaste you get with McDonalds/BK stuff but all other regualar food I enjoy!

Originally posted by Pappy P:

Millo:

If that pesto has Cilanto, I hate it too.

I hate pesto and I hate Cilantro.

Cilantro is not even spelled the way it should be.

Yet another reason to hate it.

Oh my God! More blasphemy!!!!! Aaaah!!!! Make it stoooooooooop!

I don't think pesto is supposed to have cilantro, but basil, although some non-traditional recipes, like that Chipotle pesto thang, may call for it. Who knows?

Regarding the spelling: cilantro, like Texas, or Seattle, or Detroit, or Colorado, is not an English word.

OK, I take it we when we jam in the upcoming months we won't cook for each other. Hahaha :thu: .

What food(s) do you like?

My MySpace Space

Millo:

I like all the following Item:

Anything bar-b-que'd

Pork chops with shake and bake.

Egg Plant Parmigiana

Corn Flakes with Bananas

Pizza, hold the cilantro.

Waffles with Pecans

French Toast.

Meat Ball Subs

Calzones

Catfish Po-Boys

Coffee

Pop Tarts, the ("gay" frosted type)

Shoot, I'm hijacking the food I hate thread.

Originally posted by Phil W:

Yes Sasquatch51, I eat all of those. I like all stuff: squid in ink, frogs, duck-tongue (not much worth bothering with, menudos, chicken feet (I love them), raw fish (the greatest food!) etc. etc.

I have a strange aversion to eggs (except omelettes and in cakes etc.) which I feel is very shameful and wich I didn't. I've never tried escargots and I'm a bit dubious about eating insects. I hate the aftertaste you get with McDonalds/BK stuff but all other regualar food I enjoy!

You need to try some escargots...it is delicious in butter/garlic sauce. I had fried live scorpions also (they were dead after they were fried, though), as well as little tiny fried frogs, and stir fried cicadas. In Shanghai I ate rats and snakes.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

We call cilantro coriander in England. I love it but many hate it. Can't understand why it'd be in pesto. The best pestos have the fewest ingredients.

Favourite foods:

Sushi

Chile Relleno

Chicken Mole

Chile Verde Burrito

Roast Pork with apple sauce

Brussel sprouts

Spinach

Olive oil

garlic

cake (in general)

pies (in general)

sausages (especially German)

dim sum

Cantonese roast duck and pork

Cantonese fried chicken

aubergine

Ramen

Bulbgobi

. . . .

Stop me before I go on and on . . .

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

I like just about any type of food, not too afraid to try anything ONCE. However

Liver is a BIG NO (and giblets etc)

Can't eat Apricots, they taste metallic to me :freak:

Broccoli is OK, but it doesn't like me, along with eggs, cabbage etc......so I stay away when possible

DO NOT Like Sprouts of any kind!

ANd Pappy just reminded me, not too crazy about Pesto, had a few Bad ones.

And I'm Lactose intolerant, so I rarely get to eat Ice Cream, and haven't had a glass of Milk or Cereal in a couple of decades (and i really love Ice Cream)

Have you tryed Choclate soy milk. Goood GOD I love that stuff!!!

Snails ROCK. The garlic butter and juice is soo good on bread!!!

Oh yeah, green peppers are not good for you. They are not ripe, sooo they have toxins in then.

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

Oh yeah, green peppers are not good for you. They are not ripe, sooo they have toxins in then.

Huh?!?:!? You're kidding, right? I eat at least 200 green peppers a year. I eat something with green peppers in it or just raw green peppers nearly every day of my life.

I eat all kinds of peppers...red, green, yellow, purple...I love them....the only ones I don't eat by themselves are the Habaneros because they are just too hot.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

I'm not a fan of things that "stink". What stinks to me may not stink to you. I find cooked brocolli, brussel sprounts, and other dark green stinky things to be something I will not eat. Funny, I like brocolli raw as in dipped in something, just not a fan of it once it's cooked and spinich salads are good too.

Cabbage is something I do not like, raw or cooked, so cole slaw is definately on my do not eat list.

When I was a kid, I used to think pizza stunk, now I don't. Funny how things change. One thing that stinks, but I can actually eat, although I can't say I enjoy it, is Kimchi. The smell is aweful, maybe the worst smelling food I have ever come accross LOL.

"I hate music--especially when it's played" Jimmy Durante

Originally posted by phil_harmonic:

I'm not a fan of things that "stink". What stinks to me may not stink to you. I find cooked brocolli, brussel sprounts, and other dark green stinky things to be something I will not eat. Funny, I like brocolli raw as in dipped in something, just not a fan of it once it's cooked and spinich salads are good too.

Cabbage is something I do not like, raw or cooked, so cole slaw is definately on my do not eat list.

When I was a kid, I used to think pizza stunk, now I don't. Funny how things change. One thing that stinks, but I can actually eat, although I can't say I enjoy it, is Kimchi. The smell is aweful, maybe the worst smelling food I have ever come accross LOL.

You'd LOVE durian.

Kimchi is one of the best things on the planet...people don't realize, though...there are a BUNCH of different kinds of kimchi. I think the word kimchi means "smells like wino's socks". But it does taste good...(kimchi, that is).

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Yes, I dated a Korean gal for a while so know that there are different kinds. The most common one is fermented, pickled, cabbage. Yeah, not a fan of that one, no way, no how LOL. My ex ate Kimchi but even she hated the smell of it and preferred not to have it at her house so as not to stink up the house. I am the same way about cooking seafood inside my house. BTW, I love seafood, pretty much all kinds. It and Italian are my two favorite types of food I think.
"I hate music--especially when it's played" Jimmy Durante

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

Huh?!?:!? You're kidding, right? I eat at least 200 green peppers a year. I eat something with green peppers in it or just raw green peppers nearly every day of my life.

I eat all kinds of peppers...red, green, yellow, purple...I love them....the only ones I don't eat by themselves are the Habaneros because they are just too hot.

I don't think it'll kill ya. Just not as good as the other colors of peppers. They give me heartburn sometimes and I have been told that is the reason, makes 'em allot harder to digest. Still like 'em. Like cooked soaked in beef juice on a sausage!!! In salad.

Can't do liver. Used to love liver and onions; about 36 years ago I had a big plate and subsequently blew chunks for two days. Though the two may not have been related, they are in my mind. Still love onions, though, cooked or raw.

Had beef & kidney pie in England one time years ago. Loved the beef, hated the kidneys. I guess organ meats generally are off my list.

Oh, and since I had a Burger King Whopper meal for lunch on Jan. 23, 2003, went home and had a massive heart attack, I'm pretty well off fast-food places, too.

I think I may have accidentally closed this topic for sec - can't see why else this would happen - 'puter's a little wonky after the last format.

I have to eat at work these days, and have been enjoying these spicy beef Jamaican patties with Chinese black bean hot pepper sauce and tex-mex spice(not for the spice challenged http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/shocked.gif). Most of my co-workers flee in terror, exept for an Iraqui and an Acadian(northern Cajun), which is OK since i need to stay at my work station - there is no specified meal break. But these things ROCK! :thu:

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Archived