Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Foods You Hate

Warthog

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it's just food that starts with "P" for me. If you're going to Hawaii, I can't recommend poi. I still haven't tasted peppermint schnapps since the night long ago when it collided with beer and wine in my belly. And then there was the time in Albuquerque when this young woman offered me this hors d'oeuvre called pay-o-tay or something like that. Tasted like dirt. I spit it out when she wasn't looking. They sure have long nights in New Mexico.

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

CrispyMegillah, I like that, I like it allot!
I just looked up a random word in the dictionary and put "Crispy" in front of it.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

Foods I used to hate:

Broccoli--cuz it looks like a martian's ear

Asparugus---more alien food that makes your piss smell for some reason-- I am from America!!

pretty much any vegetable except lettuce..

Fish--cuz it tastes wormy/metallic-- you are what ya eat.---But we are all fish in an ocean metaphorically no?

Sour Kraut--I am mostly German in my lineage, but Germany almost took over Europe, and they were dicks. I am thinking that the 1/16 jewish that I am made me hate it at one point. I like it more now, but only every once in a while. Eating too much sour kraut is like eating too many hotdogs.

quote:Originally posted by bass247:

There is a fly...on my computer screen....DIE BUG DIE

Did ya eat 'em, and howwed he taste?

I ate him. He tasted like peanuts.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

Fish--cuz it tastes wormy/metallic
Up until I was about 10, fish tasted okay. Since then, I've been saying, "This fish tastes metallic" and everyone has thought I'm nuts.

Originally posted by ihategarybettman:

To me, there are very few smells more heavenly than onions and garlic sauteing in butter.

To me, the smell of onions cooking in anything is like the soundtrack to nausea. Geen onions, red onions, bermuda onions, shallots, chives, YUUUUUK! Hate'em, hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em! Oddly though, garlic, which is actually just another species of onion, tastes pretty good in some things.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

One survival tactic observed in rats:

If they have never tasted a food before, they will just take a nibble the first night, then if they don't get sick, they return the next night to finish the meal. This makes them hard to poison and is one of the behaviors that has sustained them for millenia.

I think this is why I can't stomach peppermint schnapps. I also did not eat at Hardee's for years after a cole slaw from them kicked my booty. If you have eaten a certain flavor, then get sick for some other reason, that food will be very hard to stomach next time even though it had nothing to do with your sickness.

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Originally posted by henrysb3:

One survival tactic observed in rats:

If they have never tasted a food before, they will just take a nibble the first night, then if they don't get sick, they return the next night to finish the meal. This makes them hard to poison and is one of the behaviors that has sustained them for millenia.

I think this is why I can't stomach peppermint schnapps. I also did not eat at Hardee's for years after a cole slaw from them kicked my booty. If you have eaten a certain flavor, then get sick for some other reason, that food will be very hard to stomach next time even though it had nothing to do with your sickness.

No doubt. I got food poisoning last year. Almost killed me. It was from ground pork in a meal I had at lunch time. I haven't eaten the stuff since. Later in the day, I also had steak and a Butternut squash soup. I haven't had butternut squash soup or steak since either. (I love steak so I hope I can get over that one...)

I also remember having the flu a few times as a kid. One time was after having dried banana chips and the other time was after green, St. Patrick's Day milk shake at McDonalds. Two foods I can't even look at now.

Archived