Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Foods You Hate

Warthog

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ihategarybettman:

- Coconut

Forgot about that one. Ditto!

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

Liver is VERY hard to cook well. It is most offten over cooked and dry. Yuck.

The best way to cook liver, like beef liver, pork liver, or deer liver is to cook it slowly smothered in butter and onions and with just salt and pepper (no other spices are necessary), but DON'T overcook it. It should really be just cooked in the center. Yum. Now all you need is a big serving of Brussells Sprouts or Green Beans or Greens (Turnips, Collards or Mustards) or some boiled okra, some cornbread, fried green tomatoes or sliced homegrown ripe tomatoes, maybe some fried okra (if you don't have boiled okra for a green), and some white rice....man, I'm making myself hungry here....

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

Liver is VERY hard to cook well. It is most offten over cooked and dry. Yuck.

The best way to cook liver, like beef liver, pork liver, or deer liver is to cook it slowly smothered in butter and onions and with just salt and pepper (no other spices are necessary), but DON'T overcook it. It should really be just cooked in the center. Yum. Now all you need is a big serving of Brussells Sprouts or Green Beans or Greens (Turnips, Collards or Mustards) or some boiled okra, some cornbread, fried green tomatoes or sliced homegrown ripe tomatoes, maybe some fried okra (if you don't have boiled okra for a green), and some white rice....man, I'm making myself hungry here....
Sounds good to me...

However, you're making a few here want to puke!

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by Bbach1:

I never saw the need for grits. I have to put a bunch of sugar on that stuff to make it palateable....

That's your first mistake. :D Do you put sugar on your corn? (although I know someone who ate popcorn with sweet and low on it, and an elderly couple who ate popcorn with milk and sugar on it like it was cereal.)

Try adding some butter, some sharp chedder cheese, and some garlic. Grits heaven.

There are things I ate as a kid that don't do a thing for me anymore: Herring and cannibal meat (raw ground chuck with salt, pepper and raw onions in it). Used to eat the fat off of a steak, too, but don't do that anymore.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Originally posted by Dreamer:

Garlic! I can smell it ten yards apart and makes me feel sick! :mad:

How can you live in Italy and not have people trying to perform exorcisms on you? :D

We Italians are honor bound to put garlic in and on everything: bread, soup, corn flakes, oatmeal,...well, maybe not everything :rolleyes:

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Originally posted by BiC:

Off the top of my head...

- eggplant

- zuchini (besides zuchini bread)

- fish (besides Capt D's or Long Johns) I guess I'm no fan of fresh fish. Must be breaded/deep fried.

- brussel sprouts

- asparagus

- liver

- that white, round, crunchy asian vege, forgot the name. It's usually found in asian stir fry.

- I love dairy/cheese, but my body hates it. Clogs me up forever! :D I need to find a good remedy so I can enjoy it.

God Bless :)

Holy crap. You should come to my house for dinner. I hate all of those foods too. I only like zuchini when its fried in oil with species, Chinese style, and the asian stir fry thing is water chestnuts. I hate those too (I used to work in a Chinese restaurant).

Anyway, here's my official list of things I won't touch, let alone eat:

1. Asparagus - whoever thought this was edible clearly loaded it with butter sauce to mask the taste of tree bark.

2. Brussel sprouts

3. Egg plant

4. Celery

5. Zuchini

Basically anything green that's good for you. :D

Now, having said that, I only like fish fixed well, aka when I'm on vacation. Fish in Colorado is digusting and expensive.

Shut up and play.

Originally posted by caprae:

I never saw the need for grits. I have to put a bunch of sugar on that stuff to make it palateable....

That's your first mistake. :D Do you put sugar on your corn? (although I know someone who ate popcorn with sweet and low on it, and an elderly couple who ate popcorn with milk and sugar on it like it was cereal.)

Try adding some butter, some sharp chedder cheese, and some garlic. Grits heaven.

You guys should taste my grits. Tons of brown sugar, cream, and butter. That's good eatin'.
Shut up and play.

Originally posted by revolead:

I only like zuchini when its fried in oil with species, Chinese style,

Hmmm, what species would that be? I like fried zucchini with most species of cows, pigs or chickens.....and some species of fish.... :D

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

I don't like Mayonaise.

I like asparagus but I can't deal with the odor of the piss afterwards..

I don't like trout.

I don't like most sweet things mixed with meat. I prefer zest to sweetness.

I don't care for potato salad or tuna salad or any kind of salad like that. I do like bean salads tho, and of course the standard ones.

I hate fish eggs

I don't like cold meat, if it gets cold I won't eat it. I mean I will heat it up or something. Thats why it sux going to dinner at my sister's. She has 2 young kids. When you go there to eat, the food is always luke warm when you get it cuz the kids need to be considered first.

When I grill, I make sure everything is served hot. If I let the meat rest I cover it so it won't lose heat.

You guys should taste my grits. Tons of brown sugar, cream, and butter. That's good eatin'.
Gag a royal maggot! ! ! ! ! !

Where's that barfing icon when you need it?

Ah, but to each their own.

I tell you what, some of you guys need to learn to eat. You'd never make it overseas with these lists of things you don't like.

Now Balut is one thing I wouldn't try. It is a partially developed chicken or duck egg which is then pickled or boiled or something. Bring on that barfing icon!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

I only like zuchini when its fried in oil with species, Chinese style,

Hmmm, what species would that be? I like fried zucchini with most species of cows, pigs or chickens.....and some species of fish.... :D
Goes best wih beef, but chicken is good too. Seriously, kung pao.

Though species was a typo. :D

Shut up and play.

Where's that barfing icon when you need it?

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck06.gifhttp://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck32.gifhttp://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck15.gif

Take your pick! :D

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Well, common foods I don't like. I hate mayonnaise and anything made with it. Cole slaw, Potato salad, and worst of all tartar sauce. I don't like beets or brussel sprouts but you don't run across them to often. I have only tried sushi a couple of times and sorry, its partially mental but I am not gonna eat a raw fish. I hate processed cheese like spreads or american cheese, but love most common forms of hard cheese. Other foods depend on the context, spinach is great in cooking but plain its horrible. I am indifferent to foods like eggplant or squash, not really bad tasting but it just feels like I am eating filler.

Now Balut is one thing I wouldn't try. It is a partially developed chicken or duck egg which is then pickled or boiled or something. Bring on that barfing icon!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut

I bought one of those things off a cart in Manila. I thought it was just a regular boiled egg. The guy was pushing his cart down the sidewalk yelling "Balut! Balut!" I'd never been there before and had no idea what it was...it just looked like a big boiled egg. I nearly went into full projectile hurl mode when I cracked it open. It took 2 days to get that smell off my fingers. The damned thing was about ready to hatch when they buried it to rot....then they dug it up and boiled it...like that was going to make it O.K.

I don't even consider that valid food. That's just nasty.

Now, in China, they have what they call 100 year eggs or "Black Eggs". They pack an egg in clay that's mixed with lime and bury it. The lime pickles the egg through the shell and the white of the egg is like blackish/clear jello and the yolk solidifies and turns greenish, but man is it good! It sort of has a cheesy taste..it's great with spiced steamed jellyfish.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Man, does that sound gross! I am a pretty conservative person when it comes to food (but a liberal lefty most every other way), cause when I was really little, I was a very picky eater, and I'm slowly recovering from it.

I don't like a lot of fishy stuff, I'm not a huge salad person (but it's not like I'd starve myself if it were the only thing in the world), and I've actually never had an olive cause I was scared of them (so sue me). Bananas sometimes make me gag, maybe cause of the string in the middle. Cheese and cheesiness can make me want to hurl, but it's tolerable in some things.

Oh yeah, and onions......onions are the nast. ("The nast" being entirely sarcastic).

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

Nasty in a bad way.

Oh and that balut thing sounds disgusting too. Reminds me of a little experiment my science class did. It's called "Let's Crack These Eggs Open and See Why They Didn't Hatch."

Needless to say, it was gross and smelled putrid.

My sister once raised ducks and she did the same thing.....I'll stop talking now.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

Originally posted by Bluesape:

Sas, do you like green eggs and ham? :D

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/Greenegg.gif

Yup! Black and green eggs and jellyfish is better, though.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by Bluesape:

I miss the smoked eel, raw clams and scallops, and conch we used to gorge ourselves on in my childhood days on Long Island.

:thu:

The clams, conch and scallops are best if you take them out of that hard shell first, too.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Archived