Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Five years well spent here...

eric

I just noticed that I joined this community in Jan 2002 and here it is Jan 2007. My, how time does fly. I can still remember stumbling onto this forum through a random search and it has been my favorite hang ever since then.

Here's to another 5 years! Thanks to all the virtual and actual friends I've made over the years and I would like to make a resolution to meet more folks in person.

Regards,

Eric

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Eric, you're my "you think I'm bad" guy when I mention buying gear to my wife.... ;)

I've been here 7 years now, and this is one of the few sites I'm on daily.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Yamaha Montage M7, Nord Electro 6D, Hammond XK1c, Dave Smith PolyEvolver & Rack, Moog Voyager,  Modal Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Congrats Eric! :thu:

In 5 short years, this cat has managed to get a coined phrase to describe the phenomenon musicians have been experiencing since the bug bit them (GAS) i.e. Eric Moment. ;)

I appreciate reading your posts as they often contain a wealth of information but more importantly, an open and honest dialog which goes on quietly in the minds of many musicians when it comes to GAS. :)

I hope that you stick around for another 5 years and beyond. Always good to read you mayne. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Congrats, Eric. I always enjoy reading your posts for your thoughtful, intellectual, and well-composed insights. As a relative newcomer to fourms such as this, I also appreciate how you recognize the value of assisting both veterans and newbies alike, in your always helpful, conscientious, and affable manner. Heres to another five years!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Congratulations eric. [Thumb]
You're a Forum Upper Statesman.
You're definitely one of the folks who make this a great place.
I always enjoy reading your posts for your thoughtful, intellectual, and well-composed insights. * * * I also appreciate how you recognize the value of assisting both veterans and newbies alike, in your always helpful, conscientious, and affable manner.
Heres to another five years!
I couldn't have said it any better!!!!

:thu::thu:

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Originally posted by Music*aL:

Congratulations eric. [Thumb]
You're a Forum Upper Statesman.
You're definitely one of the folks who make this a great place.
I always enjoy reading your posts for your thoughtful, intellectual, and well-composed insights. * * * I also appreciate how you recognize the value of assisting both veterans and newbies alike, in your always helpful, conscientious, and affable manner.
Heres to another five years!
I couldn't have said it any better!!!!

:thu::thu:

aL

Couldn't agree more! :thu: That said, can I take this opportunity to formally register a complaint about your avatar? Every time I see it, I think of squealing pigs and fat men in their underwear, and that's just no fun!

Noah

Congrats Eric, You have been helpful to all of us here at one time or another. Though I've not done the amp stand mod, I'll get around to it one day.

Heres to adding zero's to that number.

Cheers

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Eric your posts are a major contribution to this forum.

Like you, I just stumbled upon this place. I often check the conversations, but don't post often. Thanks for providing the link to the Dixie Chicken solo. I just need to learn it now.

By the way - when I intially found this wealth of infomation and colorful characters I was "Ericing" for a new board. I ended up with a Kurzweil PC2X.

I recently see you may be having one of your moments and are curious about the Kurz potentials. Sam Ash on W. Broad has recently started carrying this line.

Also, If you would like to try one out, you could just drop me a line.

Thanks for your input - Steve B

Ooh - just missed your band the last time you played Rock Falls Tavern - We have played there a few times also.

Archived