Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM CD: Vol. 6 - now accepting submissions

Dave Bryce

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by steadyb:

I've already saved "Ham Handed" as a preset setting.

Oh, that's okay - I'm fairly sure I can recreate that setting from memory. ;)

What's gonna really piss me off is if I have to remix yours, mine and Steve's. I'm real happy with the mixes I did of them. That'd suck... :rolleyes:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Michael Erwin:

This thread has slipped off the first page, so I'll bump it to the top by announcing my submission to this edition of the Keyboard Corner Compilation CD.

Michael Erwin - Piano Improv No. 1 (4:03)

This is a solo, improvised piano piece that I recorded a few years ago. It's the only piece like this I've ever done, so I'm glad to have a reason to drag it out and share it with the forum.

Best,

Very nice piece... Beautiful progressions... Reminded me Dave Stewart's style at times. :thu:
I am back.

Originally posted by Michael Erwin:

Michael Erwin - Piano Improv No. 1 (4:03)

This is a solo, improvised piano piece that I recorded a few years ago. It's the only piece like this I've ever done, so I'm glad to have a reason to drag it out and share it with the forum.

Wow. That's really cool.

I've always been into solo improv piano, but never had the guts to play my recordings for others (btw that's meant as a compliment).

I uploaded my offering (Wabi Sabi) to Nowhere Radio

I played a Roland RD-100 to a Tascam Porta 02 MKII through a Zoom RFX-1000 Multi Effect Processor. I then burned the CD from the Tascam to my friends Philips stand-alone burner.

This work represents one in a series of stream of conciseness improvisations that started without a single idea in my head. Each attempt for this compilation was built from openings that my fingers simply fell upon at random. Since, this method of composition is bound to create a plethora of missed and or sour notes as well as off time passages, I have entitled this piece, Wabi Sabi

Wabi Sabi expresses the Japanese aesthetic that there is beauty in imperfection. This philosophy pretty much sums up the feelings that I wish to humbly evoke with this musical offering of spontaneous creation.

Thats about it.

Originally posted by schmoron13:

so dave, no more submissions? I can send mine on saturday if it's still open?

Go ahead.

I'm on hold while I wait to get my Masterlink fixed, anyway; plus, the disc is nowhere near full.

Originally posted by Tusker:

Dave:

I sent you a cd with a piano tune called "Sashi" on it. Sorry for the delay.

Not a problem, brother Tusker. I'll letcha know when it hits.

dB

I think Masterlinks should be allowed to breed without restriction... there's just too few of them in the wild these days... :rolleyes:

So taking one in to get "fixed"... seems a cruel and sad thing... But if ya gotta, ya gotta...

Get well soon little Masterlink buddy...

I bet it will record things with a slightly "higher" pitch after it's "fixed"...

:D

:wave:

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Originally posted by steadyb:

Where are we at now on total running time?

Dunno - ML is still broken. John Hancock is supposed to get me another one - hope it happens this week.

We still have room, if that's what you mean...I've been thinking of doing a piano-only version of Supper's Ready to fill it up... ;):eek::D

dB

Originally posted by Mr.Wow:

I dont play keys, but this is a cool thread you guys got going here.

:thu:

Thanks, Wow.

We're into this compilation thing - it keeps us off the streets and out of trouble (for the most part, anyway).

As you've probably deduced already, this is our sixth one. Not bad for a bunch of keyboard geeks. :D

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

We still have room, if that's what you mean...

[/QB]

dB

I am thinking of either resubmitting the same piece or submitting a new one. I am not terribly happy with the sound I got from my set up. I recorded the piano through my mackie mixer which kinda gave it this thin and tubby sound. Also, I listened to some of the submissions by others on the forum, and I find my playing to me almost too painful to listen to. :cry:

So, as long as the Masterlink is broke, I will take this opportunity to put something together. Hopefully, I get it done before John Hancock comes through for you.

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Tunes in today from Laurie Z, Soundscape Studios, Tusker and Music*Al.

Thanks, guys!

Anybody else have submissions?

dB

Janet is still going to do her submission. We recorded it twice, but she thinks she can do better. Stay tuned!

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Originally posted by Music*aL:

We still have room, if that's what you mean...

dB

I am thinking of either resubmitting the same piece or submitting a new one. I am not terribly happy with the sound I got from my set up. I recorded the piano through my mackie mixer which kinda gave it this thin and tubby sound. Also, I listened to some of the submissions by others on the forum, and I find my playing to me almost too painful to listen to. :cry:

So, as long as the Masterlink is broke, I will take this opportunity to put something together. Hopefully, I get it done before John Hancock comes through for you.

aL[/QB]

No fair! http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Bellow.gifMy submission couldn't have been worse. Crappy Porta 2 tape hiss, Zoom RFX and tons of playing mistakes. I'm already worried about how I'm going to sound by contrast and you want to make it worse? http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Thud.gif

Carl

Originally posted by Mr.Wow:

I dont play keys, but this is a cool thread you guys got going here.

:thu:

Thanks, Wow.

We're into this compilation thing - it keeps us off the streets and out of trouble (for the most part, anyway).

As you've probably deduced already, this is our sixth one. Not bad for a bunch of keyboard geeks. :D

dB

I heard a rumer that the guys on the Bass forum were thinking about doing a compilation... don't know what happened to it. Maybe 70 minutes of "Big Bottom". :eek:

Dave, Thanks for the heads up that you got the cd. As always, feel free to do any processing you want with the files.

Fellas, I wish I could say that I love your pieces. I don't. ;):P

I love Michael's Erwin's piece .... but that's cause that's the only one I heard before my !@#$%^%$ amp connected to the computer gave out on me. :rolleyes:

Sign me up for a cd ... :cool:

Jerry

Originally posted by Tusker:

Dave, Thanks for the heads up that you got the cd. As always, feel free to do any processing you want with the files.

Fellas, I wish I could say that I love your pieces. I don't. ;):P

I love Michael's Erwin's piece .... but that's cause that's the only one I heard before my !@#$%^%$ amp connected to the computer gave out on me. :rolleyes:

Sign me up for a cd ... :cool:

Jerry

I'm sure what you really meant to say was you "can't" not "don't" right? http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Punch.gif

Carl

Archived