Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

hey u, to whom should I donate gear?

Originally posted by wfturner@csonline.net:

Dan;

Just a minor update in my bid for that Carvin Bass.

If you've already listened to some of my music then this is

unimportant, if not,

I've pulled my music from MP3.COM but the same stuff is

at:

http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Rednecks_Bustin_Loose/

http://www.rollingstone.com/dds/artist.asp?artist=11716

Sorry for any inconvience

Mr. Turner,

No inconvenience, but I have a question about Rednecks Bustin' Loose. Are these "come on over to the barbecue and hoedown" rednecks, or are they more of the "send these damned foreigners back where they came from" style rednecks? Please school me on the subtleties of redneckhood.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by zeke:

Craig; I am writing this because you said that you need a good home for your equipment. I played in a band years ago and I have recently started playing again. I really love playing guitar and have become very interested in the keyboard as well. I bought a guitar and have been playing since the end of the year. Most of my music is back in the Ventures era, but I have been broadening my music so I may play for the public again. I don't have a lot of money so when I heard of your offer it sounded to good to be true. I certainly can use that groove box. I plan on using that with a keyboard. If by a slim chance were picked to get your grove box I can assure you that it will never be sold. I will put it to a very good use. Thanks for your time.

zeke

Zeke,

Craig is giving away software. Somebody else is giving away used gear.

>>I have a question about Rednecks Bustin' Loose. Are these "come on over to the barbecue and hoedown" rednecks, or are they more of the "send these damned foreigners back where they came from" style rednecks? Please school me on the subtleties of redneckhood.<<<

Really in none of the ways mentioned above.

Personally I may be kind of a redneck in a "send these modern day

values back where they came from" way but in all reality I think the

name "Rednecks Bustin Loose" has little to do with the music.

Rednecks Bustin Loose has served mainly as a pen name. As I started back

into playing and writing and learning all I could to learn recording I

didn't have a clue where I wanted to head with it. I mainly put together

this instrumental stuff to have a venue to work out the learning curve.

I have a closetful of country songs, some traditional, some crossing over

to rock and pop, I still believe in but I already hade put what seems like a life time into them. Thus, I've been reluctant about reworking them till I had better sense of and a more positive confidence in what I think I can accomplish here sonically.

The last few mixes have left me feeling ready so I've began that process.

The stuff I've got in the oven now might have fit under the redneck title

but I'm systematically getting rid of the Redneck sites and the new stuff

will start being under my real name.

------------------

William F. Turner

Guitarist, Composer

http://www.besonic.com/wfturner

>>Tedster, you need to work a little harder, here. I'm not feelin' the LOVE for my bass.

Actually, that post wasn't working on love, it was trying to appeal to your funnybone. (SOB, GASP...SWOON)...

One of those lines is correct though. The third one, I believe. The one where he's using my P-bass copy (albeit not a bad one) 'cause all of his bills are eating his lunch. Still owes money on a car that crapped out. Daughter heading to college...that kind of thing. We're a gigging band. I mean, all in all, there's probably no reason he shouldn't be able to come up with a bass on his own, but times are tough. We're a fun little band...I wish those sites that had our mp3s hadn't crapped out. I'll check 'em again.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

LISTENING FEEDBACK

I haven't gotten to everyone's MP3's yet, but here's a synopsis of what I've listened to thus far. By the way, I'm getting jealous, because you're all so talented - NO GEAR FOR YOU! Just kidding (about the gear, not the talent).

John Palumbo - VERY impressive, my friend! Excellent playing on all instruments, and your voice is to die for. Keep it up. You have a bright future ahead.

Kahn - Beautiful chorus guitar sounds. Your music reminds me of a cross between Floyd, fusion, and FM jazz.

Dr. Destructo - Great Satriani-style guitar sound. I think your mixes could be a little brighter, but I'm impressed with the playing and the material.

Mr. Turner - Excellent, clean-sounding recordings. Beautiful guitars, including steel. Did you play everything yourself?

Tangent - Diverse collection of music, hard as Helmut to soft as Alan Parsons Project.

Bombastique (for Artemis) - Her MP3's sound very professional, and her voice is SO rich. I would still like to hear from her.

Greg Youngman - Very creative tune. I'm impressed by the effort.

Eleven Shadows - you definitely have the ambient thing down.

Thanks to all, I'll try to catch the rest of you in the next week or so.

>>>Mr. Turner - Excellent, clean-sounding recordings. Beautiful guitars, including steel. Did you play everything yourself?>>>

Thanks.

I generally program/sequence a basic rythm track, bass, drums

and an acooustic guitar track if I'm using one and render

them using Audio Compositor.

The guitars are real and the rest is pretty much real time

sample based performances.

The steel parts are synthetic, a combination of real time

performances and digital audio trickery.

>>>Excellent, clean-sounding recordings<<<

That perception is probably much more important to me than winning the bass http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Thanks again

------------------

William F. Turner

Guitarist, Composer, Songwriter

Before I vacate the premises, I had to post to this one:

What are you holding out in front of people??? Exhibitionist.

Like any response to an offer for aid, live aid, or any other crapola that comes down the pike:

Why didn't you give it away anonymously, and personally?

Because there's no 'glory' in that.

Stuff it.

Stop making beggars of talented people.

This was particularly demeaning and evil idea, to do it in public is proof of the intent.

Do the blind see this?

Originally posted by music@catt.com:

Before I vacate the premises, I had to post to this one:

What are you holding out in front of people??? Exhibitionist.

Like any response to an offer for aid, live aid, or any other crapola that comes down the pike:

Stuff it.

Stop making beggars of talented people.

This was particularly demeaning and evil idea, to do it in public is proof of the intent.

Do the blind see this?

The jester awoke at dawn

and put his bunting on

his lack of civility

and absence of virilty

are sure to bring laughter loud,

and mocking,

and long.

Dung dribbling from his lips

he wiggles his hips

to flaunt the want of pendulous activity,

while the nature of his slamming

against the young Mr. Fanning

causes others to wonder about his own supressed proclivity.

Lo! Behold the brazen braying jackass,

who boasts of a rapier wit!

His butter-knife brains suffice only

to smear his own words with shit.

Props to you dansouth- 'glory'? who ever said or implied anything

about that? Just being neighborly, looks like to me. I inquired about

shipping costs- not so low- so I'll withdraw my entry for my friend. Tax returns came, so he's getting a used unit cheap anyway, but thanks and good luck in the "not-a-contest" all you fine folks.

-CB

Dan,

John Palumbo - VERY impressive, my friend! Excellent playing on all instruments, and

your voice is to die for. Keep it up. You have a bright future ahead.

Those were very, very kind words. I really appreciate them! You sir, have made my day!

-john palumbo

My Music

Posted by dadabobro:

>>>The jester awoke at dawn

and put his bunting on

his lack of civility

and absence of virilty

and mocking,

and long.

Dung dribbling from his lips

he wiggles his hips

to flaunt the want of pendulous activity,

while the nature of his slamming

against the young Mr. Fanning

causes others to wonder about his own supressed proclivity.

Lo! Behold the brazen braying jackass,

who boasts of a rapier wit!

His butter-knife brains suffice only

to smear his own words with shit.

I just had to see it again. CLASSIC! (the dung part is my favorite)

So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Oooh!!!

Gosh, sometimes I like to do nice things for people... and I actually have a selfish ulterior motive! Namely that I would like to be (gasp!) APPRECIATED for it just a little bit!

I mean, musicians NEVER would become musicians because they actually wanted, like, an AUDIENCE or anything! They would rather be "morally pure" and just play their music anonymously in their basements and would think it terribly selfish and uncouth to expect anyone to APPLAUD. Much less give away gear and not want to experience a little bit of pleasure when people say "Hey thanks Dan! You da man!"

Damn, what a price Dan expects people to pay! We're all so evil to want a little appreciation for doing something good!

--Lee

Lee said:

>>>I mean, musicians NEVER would become musicians because they actually wanted, like, an AUDIENCE or anything! They would rather be "morally pure" and just play their music anonymously in their basements and would think it terribly selfish and uncouth to expect anyone to APPLAUD.

======================================

When I was a kid, I made my parents and brothers wear earplugs when I practiced. That way no human ears (besides my own) would be able to hear and therefore compromise my musical ideals. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif

Ofcourse I immediately abandoned those ideals for the chance to win free gear.

KHAN

http://mp3.com/SurBigger

This message has been edited by KHAN on 03-30-2001 at 04:41 PM

So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Man, what a dick. Dansouth is a super cool guy. Hooked me up with a Marion analog synth that is nice (still working on that DB25 -1?4" adapter though).

People like that remind me of those little worms I dig out of the litter box.

Dr. Destructo - Great Satriani-style guitar sound. I think your mixes could be a little

brighter, but I'm impressed with the playing and the material.

Thanks Dan. You think the four track may be part of the problem? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif Ditto, comments like that make a persons day. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

I suggest that everyone stop getting worked up about him and just ignore his posts. Get back to talking about really important tnings like mac vs. pc, or 48k vs 96k http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

This message has been edited by Scott Fehl on 04-27-2001 at 01:52 PM

Originally posted by dr destructo:

Thanks Dan. You think the four track may be part of the problem? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif Ditto, comments like that make a persons day. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

I don't think so. Maybe more like your monitoring environment. Try comparing a mix to a CD that sounds good. Switch back and forth between the CD and your mix and see if you can approximate that sound. This approach should work fairly well in any room with just about any monitors.

I have an old BBE unit that adds some "sparkle" to mixes. Maybe I've just found a new home for it.

well the reason i think i am a worthy receiver of your generous donation is that i recently had to give away my equipment (only a trinity and MPC)as calateral for $1500 to pay a downpayment on a used car so i can get to my pathetic job. i still am paying off the loan and have no equipment. I work with dementia patients at a hospital(as u probably know it doesnt pay well) and when i get home i usually play music to relax.now i have no equipment and when i get home i have nothing to take my mind off of the delirious babble i heard for the last 12 hours.PLEASE help me!

1) the carvin bass-i would love because of the fact that i play instruments but due to the fact i foolishly traded my guitars and bass for the keyboard i have no "live" feeling in my tracks. really, check it out www.mp3.com/sumstatic

2) the quadraverb- i have never had any effects.......ever...... it would be a completely mind boggling to even have the option.

3)the mc-505- i need one of these! i played with one at guitar center but did not have any money at the time. ( i never do)

4)the roland and emu-i am so sick of the trinitys sounds that i am having trouble getting the incentive to go to work with the 12 hours of babble everyday to get it back

this is true i need something to make music on or i will go insane !!!PLEASE consider me.

Soapbox, I'm LOL! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

On email forums it's called the "delete" key - that won't work here though. I plan on using an imaginary "ignore" key from now on.

Dan, you STILL tha man! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Phil O'Keefe

Sound Sanctuary Recording

Riverside CA

http://members.aol.com/ssanctuary/index.html

pokeefe777@msn.com

and put his bunting on

his lack of civility

and absence of virilty

and mocking,

and long.

Sorry for my literary ignorance, but where does this come from? Sounds like a Jethro Tull song.

Originally posted by sumstatic@yahoo.com:

well the reason i think i am a worthy receiver of your generous donation is that i recently had to give away my equipment (only a trinity and MPC)as calateral for $1500 to pay a downpayment on a used car so i can get to my pathetic job. i still am paying off the loan and have no equipment. I work with dementia patients at a hospital(as u probably know it doesnt pay well) and when i get home i usually play music to relax.now i have no equipment and when i get home i have nothing to take my mind off of the delirious babble i heard for the last 12 hours.PLEASE help me!

1) the carvin bass-i would love because of the fact that i play instruments but due to the fact i foolishly traded my guitars and bass for the keyboard i have no "live" feeling in my tracks. really, check it out www.mp3.com/sumstatic

2) the quadraverb- i have never had any effects.......ever...... it would be a completely mind boggling to even have the option.

3)the mc-505- i need one of these! i played with one at guitar center but did not have any money at the time. ( i never do)

4)the roland and emu-i am so sick of the trinitys sounds that i am having trouble getting the incentive to go to work with the 12 hours of babble everyday to get it back

this is true i need something to make music on or i will go insane !!!PLEASE consider me.

Good gracious, you're in bad shape! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

We'll make sure you win SOMETHING - maybe not one of the featured prizes, but SOMETHING - because you definitely need a leg up.

Originally posted by Tedster:

and put his bunting on

his lack of civility

and absence of virilty

and mocking,

and long.

Sorry for my literary ignorance, but where does this come from? Sounds like a Jethro Tull song.

Thanks, Ted- maybe having Thick as a Brick playing day and night is a good idea! I improvised that little ditty- the first two lines are a take-off on the Doors (the killer awoke at dawn) because I was thinking, someone should show this joker the DOOR!

The rest is references to troll-talk. A guy tattoos himself head-to-toe with bullseyes and takes a naked promenade through the Sharpshooter's Annual Weenie Roast, what does he expect...

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

-CB

Speaking of Jethro Tull, TAAB sounds fantastic, even on CD on my crap boombox. Have to get myself a copy of Heavy Horses, it may not be the most

popular JT, but I think it's great.

Okay, just to make it official, the giveaway is now closed to new entries. I haven't made any decisions yet as to who gets what, because I have listened to about 60% of the material that you've submitted, and I want to listen to that stuff AGAIN at least one more time. I have a list of everyone and what they asked for, but I'm too tired to type it up now, because I'm coming off a bout with the flu.

Now we can enter phase two of the project. I should be announcing winners within the next two weeks, or so, but I actually have some more stuff to give away, and I'll make these items available to those of you who don't win one of the original five items. IF YOU HAVE NOT ENTERED BY NOW YOU ARE NOT ELEGIBLE.

Here's some of the other stuff that I have up for grabs.

- an original nord lead synth (bright red, nifty controllers)

- an original Quadraverb (not a Q2)

- a pair of Rane five-band parametric EQ's

- a Digitech VTP-1 two channel tube mic preamp

- a Roland SRV-330 reverb

- a Lexicon LXP-1 half-rack reverb unit

- an Alesis micro compressor (sounds good on bass and vocals)

- an Alesis microverb

- an Alesis microgate

- a ProCo patch bay (non-balanced)

It's possible that there may be one or two more items, but that's all I can think of at the moment. If you would rather have one of these items than the one you opted for originally, let me know soon so that I may reorganize my list. Again, let me stress that I'm not accepting any new entries. This stuff is only for folks who have already entered. There shouldn't be too many of you who walk away empty handed. All I ask is that you reimburse me for the shipping expenses.

Max, the MC-505 is wired for 110 V (western hemisphere) A/C. Would that pose a problem for you?

Wormhole and Dr. Destructo have already received something or will be soon, so they're off the list. Nika broke the bandwidth rule while trying to flush a pheasant out of the brush, and I think he got his pheasant, so he's not in the running, either. The gentleman who wanted something for his friend in Mexico has withdrawn. The rest of the entrants are still eligible.

Please be patient with me, and I'll try to have this all decided within the next couple of weeks. It may take me a little longer to get everything shipped depending on how quickly I can find boxes for everything.

Originally posted by soapbox:

I wish I had a high pass filter to get rid of some of the low comments posted by a certain individual in this forum lately.

Get one with at least a 2-pole filter, i.e. 6 dB per IQ point.

>>Thanks, Ted- maybe having Thick as a Brick playing day and night is a good idea! I improvised that little ditty- the first two lines are a take-off on the Doors (the killer awoke at dawn) because I was thinking, someone should show this joker the DOOR!

Well, Cameron, props to ya...it really does sound like something Ian Anderson would come up with. I could picture hearing it sung Ian-style with the classic flute lines weaving in and out.

Speaking of which, I stumbled across Ian Anderson's website a bit ago. It's worth seeking out. He's got a new project with some clips on the website, some good Tull-esque tunes. The site's worth seeking out...and Mr. Anderson does a good bit of yapping about various subjects, even a bit for parents seeking to purchase a good flute for their schoolkids. Can't remember the link, but if I find it again I'll post it.

Hey Dansouth...

For some reeeeeaaaally weird reason, our RealAudio links are working on our website now. Well, after listening to the clips, I almost wish they weren't.

Rough demos. What can I say? Here's the link...

http://www.geocities.com/tedsblues2/phdweb.htm

Be sure to take some No-Doz and put on your scopalamine seasick patches before you listen...

Yo, Tedsta, is that really you with the Strat? My Man!!!

I luv "Fly"...it's de-luvely! It's playing RIGHT NOW as I type this - no, it's RE-PLAYING! For the 3rd time now!

"Dying for a taste of the life you made a waste of..."

That is so true...It's wild to actually see and hear someone who you only have known by seeing typed words on a screen. I am truly impressed and humbled. GREAT STUFF MAH BRUTHA!!!

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

Archived