Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arturia: A new chapter awaits…

1 hour ago, Ed A. said:

Might also be this, an 88 note hardware version of Arturia Analog Lab V software called AstroLab:

https://device.report/arturia/astrolab-88

There also appears to be a 61 note and mini version:

https://device.report/arturia/astrolab-61

https://device.report/arturia/astrolab-mini

The name "AstroLab" would be consistent with the astronaut in Arturia's promo video.

Oh please let it be so - would be a killer offering I'd certainly consider really seriously.

3 hours ago, DeltaJockey said:

It could be a deliberate tactic to get the speculation hot by deliberately inserting connections to their affairs and product, that will have nothing to do with their news.

I've seen that time and time again.

I guess they would have a lot of fun playing games with the public. Maybe sharpening the impact of the real announcement.

I think it's real - did a Google search and this came up. The page itself is "not found", but the link is there for a product page.

Arturia-Astro-Lab.png

• Like 2

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

15 hours ago, konaboy said:

i'm thinking keyboard with v-collection built in.

what a tremendous success that would be!

can't imagine it being too hard to run their vsts natively on an embedded hardware OS.

i was send them an email about this 2 years ago when Akai MPC keys 61 came out...😉

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Agreeing with some other posts,  to me, the phrase "new chapter" along with thanking customers for their past patronage implies this is some kind of major shift, not merely a new product. Acquisition certainly comes to mind.

• Like 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Eh who can say when it comes to markety babble.   

How many times has some big announcement (in the games world, or music or whatever) turned out to be some anti-climactic thing.   It would be weird to me that something "controversial" (like being bought up) would have a countdown, I'd think that would just be an announcement as they'd have to know a lot of people wouldn't be happy about it.  But I (thankfully) don't work at all in sales or marketing so I'm likely wrong :)  

re: rhodes and piano, didn't they revamp these instruments not long ago, piano at any rate?  I've never tried them personally haven't never invested in their stuff as I am quite covered for software synths.    A hardware platform for their stuff would be quite interesting on paper.   They do also have a b3 organ plugin if memory serves.  

27 minutes ago, Stokely said:

re: rhodes and piano, didn't they revamp these instruments not long ago, piano at any rate?

Yeah, I have the V-collection and followed that Piano-V revamp. It went from unusable to slightly less unusable. But I’m probably biased against modeled acoustic pianos 😀

• Like 3

Certainly a matter of taste, but I find modeled acoustic pianos have a narrow sweet spot. A metallic, dulcimer-like tone can be really hard to avoid.

I do think they upped their game in the latest version, especially in the genre-focused presets. 

As for EPs, for me they are very plenty vibe-y and adequate in a group context. Likewise the B3 is serviceable but needs some love. 

If their sounds end up in a contained instrument that isn’t totally CPU-starved that could be a hell of a thing. Would it compete with the Crumars, Studiologics, or the big 3? Hard to say, but even if it’s a preset player — with sounds managed/loaded from a computer — with controls to tweak stuff (at the level that Analog Lab allows)… hot damn.

No breath held here. 

• Like 5
I make software noises.

I’ve realized that even browsing all the thousands presets in the Lab V can give me anything I’d ever need. Despite owning the entire Collection V with all the tweakability that I never use. It’s only the pianos that are severely lacking but even then it would be a great instrument! Just having all these wonderful presets and a few pre-wired knobs with each preset in a self-contained keyboard would be a killer instrument. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mark Schmieder said:

Another possibility is the integration of their effects into a new digital mixer, given that the AudioFuse interfaces just got a new lease on life and are generally given good reviews for audio quality and connectivity options.

Where did you see they got a new lease of life?

So around 11am on the west coast on the 9th. Got my credit card ready!

Also waiting for any of the online retailers to slip up today and jump the gun.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

Where did you see they got a new lease of life?

They just came out with new versions recently, after the old ones had been canceled for a while.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Someone said it's about Bluetooth based on a filing that is public and dated September 2023. I am skeptical.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

1 hour ago, stoken6 said:

"25 Years and Beyond" doesn't sound promising. It suggests an announcement about the company, not the products.

Cheers, Mike.

That was my gut feeling too!

The companions I can't live without: Kawai Acoustic Grand, Yamaha MontageM8x, Studiologic Numa Piano X GT, Kronos2-73, .
Other important stuff: Novation Summit, NI Komplete Ultimate 14 CE, Omnisphere, EW Hollywood Orchestra Opus, Spitfire Symphony Orchestra, Sonuscore Elysion and Orchestra Complete 3, Pianoteq 8 Pro, Roland RD88.

28 minutes ago, CyberGene said:

Apple acquiring Arturia? 😛

As a Logic Pro user I feel that possibility may be of benefit to me financially, though I'd say very unlikely. Maybe if they were a software company only, I could see it conceivable, unless they continued trading under the Arturia name.

I originally purchased Camel Audio's Alchemy and all the extra libraries when they were their own company. Then it was consumed by Apple and incorporated into Logic. Luckily,  I still have installed all the extra libraries not included with Logic version, which continued to work. So I guess I gained from that acquisition.

I use a number of included plugins in Logic which were all independent companies at some stage. But I don't go back far enough with Macs to have used Logic before it was independently not called that. I'd say I have benefited from some of these very expensive quality plugins being sucked into Logic.

My gut feeling though, is that there is some sort of merge/takeover with some other company, likely Europe based?

It's already into the evening of the 9th here in Oz, so I'll have to wake to the news in the morning🤔

• Like 2

The companions I can't live without: Kawai Acoustic Grand, Yamaha MontageM8x, Studiologic Numa Piano X GT, Kronos2-73, .
Other important stuff: Novation Summit, NI Komplete Ultimate 14 CE, Omnisphere, EW Hollywood Orchestra Opus, Spitfire Symphony Orchestra, Sonuscore Elysion and Orchestra Complete 3, Pianoteq 8 Pro, Roland RD88.

Hmm!

A figure floating in space with bare hands and ankles and no life support pack?

Obviously dead due to exposure to complete vacuum and no oxygen to breath! (Surprised there isn't more mess, blood, etc. around the figure.)

We didn't hear her scream, as she was abondoned in space, because "in space no-one can hear you scream!" (Thanks Alien.)

Not quite sure what this is meant to represent.

Maybe they're abandoning everything and launching themselves into the ether inadequately equipped.

Linking up with SpaceX? (Is Elon Musk involved I wonder?)

Whatever!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, JohnG11 said:

Not quite sure what this is meant to represent.

Corporate top brass will find anything exciting if you give them enough stock options to go with it. 

Cheers, Mike.

That was an unfortunate patch choice, and the B3 doesn’t shine yet either.

But…the whole package is pretty nuts. Especially having pigments on there.

• Like 1
I make software noises.

I was waiting for something similar to Akai Mpc Keys 61, a full blown synthesizer minus the DAW capabilities of Akai.

I was waiting for a keyboard with Arturia V collection and Fx collection...

So, I will be waiting for Keylab MK3 with poly aftertouch...

• Like 2

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com