Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy holiday season to everyone on this forum

kpl1228

Lots of new/used gear collected this year. Lots of questions answered. Grateful to this forum for a terrific year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, 2 Invisible keyboard stands (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

Here, we are just happy that weather will stay mild for sure several more days, so we can enjoy holidays. Last year, we had one of the worse winter storms ever (130 km/h winds) with no power for a week, had to pay for hotel, etc. So this year should be a nice Christmas. Hopefully I'll find time to tune the grand piano.

Wishes of peace and health to all.  :wave:

:guinness:     :guinness:     :guinness:

• Like 2

A somewhat quiet Christmas here.  No two feet of snow on the ground like last two years.  Did my usual Christmas video with my pet robot A.I. dressed in their costumes with a few new characters added this year to help save Christmas!

I will be watching "Christmas Story" with Ralphie and the gang as well as listening to Bob Rivers Twisted Christmas songs.

If anyone gets bored (how could anyone be bored on Christmas, but anyway), you can check out some of my holiday and other videos on You Tube.

@LindaIrwin/videos

Happiest of holidays to all, lets close out 2023 and bring in 2024 with the best ever for us all!

EMOPiano.thumb.JPG.6430699f8b315ba39c0a2bf75f6ceed2.JPG

Charlie Brown Tree.jpg

• Like 4

Merry Christmas everyone. It has been a slow year for snow so far. Just a bit of hominy snow a couple days ago. Been a slow year for decorating also. I put a wreath on the door and called it. This thread gives me to urge to watch A Peanuts Christmas tonight. This is also the year that I have come to really appreciate the quality of some VST recreations of favorite old synths. Really hope I get the little Arturia Minilab 3 controller that I put on my Amazon wish list. I want it for travel, but also for when I'm in the recliner just playing around with VST's. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Merry Christmas to the best keyboard forum and members on the inter webs….

• Like 8

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

On 12/21/2023 at 2:17 PM, JoJoB3 said:
On 12/20/2023 at 7:42 PM, kpl1228 said:

Lots of new/used gear collected this year. Lots of questions answered. Grateful to this forum for a terrific year.

Expand  

SCTV was gold!!

Something tells me that Paul Shaffer was involved in this contrast between Liberace and Elton  😆

• Like 2

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

3 hours ago, jazzpiano88 said:

Something tells me that Paul Shaffer was involved in this contrast between Liberace and Elton  😆

Good point.   I don't think Paul worked on SCTV, but he was friends with the performers, so it's quite possible.   I'm just speculating, of course.

• Like 2

Happy holidays and wishing a great 2024 to my friends here on my favorite place on the internet! It’s because of you-all that this place is so great. Keep it up!

• Like 4

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

19 hours ago, Floyd Tatum said:
22 hours ago, jazzpiano88 said:

Good point.   I don't think Paul worked on SCTV, but he was friends with the performers, so it's quite possible.   I'm just speculating, of course.

He turned down the offer to be musical director but says he was incessantly hanging around those guys.

Either way, that spoof was hilarious and spot on!!

• Like 2

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

This year I'm feeling a bit less the celebration mood, given what's going on at several levels... so I'm offering the most, let's say austere song in the Christmas tradition, "Adeste Fideles" ("O Come All Ye Faithful" for you anglo-saxons). It's hopefully lightened up a bit by the jazz arrangement, and it's complemented by a rather random collection of images of various churches. (I'm not particularly religious, but the traditional Christmas iconography is with me since childhood)
Regardless, happy holidays to every corner of the Keyboard Corner!

• Like 1