Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Gimme Some Lovin" Hammond Verse & Chorus and Solo Invitational on MPN/Keyboard Corner

Announcing a:

"Gimme Some Lovin" Hammond (or Clone, VSTi) Verse & Chorus and Solo Invitational

Grab your video gear and/or SmartPhones -- set it up to record -- and then...

Show us YOUR best chops on the 1st verse and chorus of "Gimme Some Lovin" -- with a 2-minute solo added at the end

* You pick the key      * Singing is optional      * Let's see what YOU got!

Now's your chance to show off -- and be critiqued, or praised, or ? ? ?

Old No7

• Like 1

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

Wha...wa....wait.  Do we also get a drummer and bass player playing only the notes we tell them to play - like in the Lachey Doley video?

Or are we expected to simultaneously play the bassline - which some here in this community can do (and apparently Lachey Doley cannot or will not do)?

Is it a fair to compare my playing alone against another playing in the context of a band that has played together for a number of years?

I enjoy LD style - he's a keyboardist playing the blues after all - but I have a lot more respect for organ players who play the melody, bass, rhythmic comping, and solos. 

14 minutes ago, konaboy said:

if you can provide a backing track, you might get a contribution or two.

but i predict nothing from the armchair critics.

@KRK well done on a fab performance, great technique and arrangement, love the energy and what a sound from the organ!

thanks for feedback (unfortunately I do not have backing track available - I always delete every project and audio files after video release - )

4 hours ago, KRK said:

😁 I have a 6 years old video of mine 😅

various experiments (including guitar solo, played with bass 🤣)

Excellent -- really well done!  Great Hammond tone -- and improv tune.

YOU WIN! 

Old No7

• Love 1

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

Thank you, sir. I was afraid that original LD thread would die off after only two and a half weeks of people sniping at each other and then sniping about the sniping. But then where would we be? Stuck with a bunch of stupid threads that aren't about that single video or people's response to it?? I don't know about everyone else, but that is not the world I want to live in.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com