Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL thread 2023-2024

It’s pretty funny, Roman’s Wikipedia page currently lists his employment as Los Angeles Chargers Hot Dog Eating Champion.  

IMG_0644.jpeg

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Now they're reporting Hoodie was offered the Atlanta HC.    Declined.   Speculation is not enough control with him deciding to take a year off and possibly be better positioned next year for a team that would give him more control. 

Makes sense given that control is a key requirement for him.    But at 71/72 sometimes you aren't given another year for your future plans.

• Like 1

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

1 minute ago, jazzpiano88 said:

Now they're reporting Hoodie was offered the Atlanta HC.    Declined.  

Makes sense given that control is a key requirement for him.    But at 71/72 sometimes you aren't given another year for your future plans.

Hoodie may have looked at the 2024 Grammys thread here.  He saw the senior citizens still touring list.  Figured he still has plenty time left and gas in tank. 😁

So, Hoodie will hover over the 2024 NFL season like a vulture waiting for the *right* job opening. A few HCs will be on the hot seat (Bears, Bucs, Jets, Giants).

Maybe HC Andy Reid will retire before 2025 season and give the keys to Hoodie and tell him not to scratch the paint.🤣😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

6 hours ago, Doerfler said:
On 1/29/2024 at 6:08 PM, Doerfler said:

Lamar Jackson will surely will the MVP.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-mvp-lamar-jackson-wins-award-for-second-time-enters-elite-company-034503855.html

Shouldn't this be in the Grammys thread?  That award spectacle was something.

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Among the QBs who received new contracts or extensions in 2023, MVP Lamar Jackson led his team into the post-season.   Well deserved.😎

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

4 hours ago, ProfD said:

Among the QBs who received new contracts or extensions in 2023, MVP Lamar Jackson led his team into the post-season.   Well deserved.😎

The lone MVP voter for Allen, and Sherm, make the quantitative case against Lamar.   Dak and Josh had clearly better seasons based on the numbers.

Plus,  Lamar has moved the goalposts and has set a new standard -  First MVP QB to fall below top ten ranking in both of the key QB metrics --  Season TD Passes (11th) and Passing Ydg (15th).

It's a personality contest. 

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

6 minutes ago, jazzpiano88 said:

Plus,  Lamar has moved the goalposts and has set a new standard -  First MVP QB to fall below top ten ranking in both of the key QB metrics --  Season TD Passes (11th) and Passing Ydg (15th).

It's a personality contest. 

Lamar doesn't move the goalposts. The pundits waved him off. They don't need any help moving them.😎

PD

7 hours ago, ProfD said:

Lamar doesn't move the goalposts. The pundits waved him off. They don't need any help moving them.😎

In the words of the late great Bernard McGuirk,  "Which doesn't belong and Why?"

Fairly Clearly Obvious :)

Screenshot2024-02-09at6_54_17PM.thumb.png.1e781adb1623248eecd67dc422889bc3.png

--

Yamaha C7D

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Rogers is a bum. He only won ONE SB and that was against the Steelers. Ben made too many misstates and LOST the game.

Those of you that follow this tread know I can't stand Rogers so keep that in mind. He played all of 4 snaps this season and watched from the sidelines. There is nothing like FREE money 😛 

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

It's going to be an interesting game, regardless of the winner. Is Mahomes the best QB in the NFL right now? Will the 49ers be able to defend against him? Is Brock Purdy really good or is he only as good as his very good players? I'm a Niners fan but I'm curious to find out the answers to these questions. Yeah, I don't think it'll be a blowout, and it should be entertaining. My watch party crew will also be doing Olympic-style rating of the commercials, and the half-time show. Someone's also organizing a betting pool on the scores at the end of each quarter. And I'm proposing we all have to drink a shot every time Taylor Swift is on screen. 

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

1 hour ago, KenElevenShadows said:

I am anticipating a close game for sure.

I’m figuring on a low scoring game.  Both team’s defenses are playing really well currently.

I think SF has more raw talent…but KC has a better QB, and a more experienced coach.

As with last year, if #15 is allowed to hold on to the ball as long as he wants, I suspect KC will find a way to win.

dB

• Like 2

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I'm expecting a good Super Bowl game.

Both teams have porous defenses.

KC wins easily if the 49ers bring that same defense from the NFC championship game.😁

OTOH, if the 49ers pounds the ball on the ground against that porous Chiefs run defense and controls clock they can win.

For the most part, the teams are evenly matched. Maybe solid defensive plays on either side will make the difference. 😎

• Like 2

PD

I Seldom disagree with Brother Prof D. He forgot more about FB than I ever Knew. All we can hope for is a GOOD GAME

Mike T

• Haha 1

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

4 hours ago, MikeT156 said:

I Seldom disagree with Brother Prof D. He forgot more about FB than I ever Knew. All we can hope for is a GOOD GAME

Mike T

Appreciate the compliment mayne.😁

Huge football fan but I'm just another guy with an unpaid and unsolicited opinion.🤣😎

PD

Give yourself some credit. You know what you are talking about and your knowledge bank is awesome

Enjoy the game.

Mike T

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, El Lobo said:

It's going tAnd I'm proposing we all have to drink a shot every time Taylor Swift is on screen. 

Not sure if that includes the pre-game. If so, you all should be good and stewed by now! :roll:

• Haha 1

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

4 hours ago, MikeT156 said:

Give yourself some credit. You know what you are talking about and your knowledge bank is awesome

Enjoy the game.

Mike T

Thanks mayne. Hope you're able to enjoy the game as well.

1st half is push & pull so far. 49ers have momentum. Both defenses playing relatively well. 

Maybe both teams are saving fireworks for the 2nd half.😎

PD

What a game: a come from behind win with three seconds remaining in the first period of overtime! This was one for the ages.

Congrats to our Kansas City fans. Two in a row is a rarity, indeed.

My sympathies to our 49ers fans. They played a great game and almost beat the defending champs.

Best,

Geoff

• Like 2

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

5 hours ago, Moonglow said:

Not sure if that includes the pre-game. If so, you all should be good and stewed by now! :roll:

I counted 10 screen shots of TS including the pre-game. I may be off by 1 or more. I'm exhausted from the game.

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Fireworks showed up after the 2nd half....overtime.

Blocked extra point kept 49ers from winning in regulation. 

Not too many penalties. No blowout. Great game.

Congrats to the Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs.😎

• Like 3

PD