Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Favorite music jokes

Gosh, 95% of these jokes are the same ones that I have first heard in the 80s..!! Sometimes in slightly different versions, but basically it's the same stuff.

And like in the old times, there are very few jokes about piano and keyboard players. My theory, just like in these times, is that keyboard players are the ones who come up with all the jokes about the others! I myself have created a couple... :D

1 hour ago, marino said:

Gosh, 95% of these jokes are the same ones that I have first heard in the 80s..!! Sometimes in slightly different versions, but basically it's the same stuff.

And like in the old times, there are very few jokes about piano and keyboard players. My theory, just like in these times, is that keyboard players are the ones who come up with all the jokes about the others! I myself have created a couple... :D

That's because we're the smart ones. ;)  

4 hours ago, ksoper said:

Q:  What has three legs and a d*ck?

A:  A drum throne.

I know that one as "three legs and an asshole". 🙂 

Q: What's the difference between a bull and an orchestra?

A: A bull has the horns in the front and the asshole in the back. 

• Haha 2

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

1 hour ago, analogika said:

I’ve heard that with Lawrence Welk in the setup. It seems he was notoriously difficult to work for. 

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

4 hours ago, analogika said:

I had heard it as what do a moose and the Buddy Rich Orchestra have in common?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chris Link said:

I’ve heard that with Lawrence Welk in the setup. It seems he was notoriously difficult to work for. 

Huh.  I don't think he was perfect, but I don't think he was in the "difficult" category in the way that, say, Buddy Rich and Paul Anka were.  A lot of his band members stuck with him for years and even decades, despite having at-will employment (people could be fired, or could choose to leave, at any time).

• Like 1

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

15 hours ago, MathOfInsects said:

What do you call the hot woman on the keyboard player's arm? 

A tattoo.

And we have A WINNER with that one!!!

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

• 4 weeks later...

Just came across this one on Reddit:

A guy walks into a bar carrying a suitcase. He sits down at the bar and sets the suitcase down in front of himself, opens it and takes out a tiny piano. A tiny man climbs out of the suitcase, sits down at the piano, and begins playing flawlessly. The bartender exclaims that this is an amazing display, and asks the man how he came to have this setup in his possession.

The man takes an old brass lamp out of the suitcase and shows it to the bartender, saying, "I found this magic lamp, it grants wishes, but it doesn't really work right. You can try it if you want," and hands it to the bartender.

The bartender rubs the lamp and says, "I wish for a million bucks!"

Suddenly, there are ducks everywhere. They're on the tables, sitting on peoples' heads, all over the place. The bartender shouts, "What the hell? This is not what I wanted!"

The guy says, "I told you, it doesn't really work right. Do you really think I wished for a 12 inch pianist?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just looked up and saw a memorable "King of the Hill" moment.

Dale is playing his portable keyboard in the alley. Boomhauer says "Sounds like ol' Rick Wakeman, 'cept instead o' yes, they shoulda said no." :keys:

• Haha 2

An evangelist came to town who was so good,
 even Huck Finn was saved until Tuesday.
      ~ "Tom Sawyer"

On 9/29/2023 at 6:06 AM, FuzzyPants said:

Just came across this one on Reddit:

A guy walks into a bar carrying a suitcase. He sits down at the bar and sets the suitcase down in front of himself, opens it and takes out a tiny piano. A tiny man climbs out of the suitcase, sits down at the piano, and begins playing flawlessly. The bartender exclaims that this is an amazing display, and asks the man how he came to have this setup in his possession.

The man takes an old brass lamp out of the suitcase and shows it to the bartender, saying, "I found this magic lamp, it grants wishes, but it doesn't really work right. You can try it if you want," and hands it to the bartender.

The bartender rubs the lamp and says, "I wish for a million bucks!"

Suddenly, there are ducks everywhere. They're on the tables, sitting on peoples' heads, all over the place. The bartender shouts, "What the hell? This is not what I wanted!"

The guy says, "I told you, it doesn't really work right. Do you really think I wished for a 12 inch pianist?"

From a bumper sticker: "I wish I had more money instead of this big piano" ;)

WARNING: Adult content:

What’s the difference between a flute player and a French horn player?

The flute player wants to give you a blow job, the French horn player wants to stick her fist up your ass.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

2 hours ago, niacin said:

WARNING: Adult content:

The flute player wants to give you a blow job, the French horn player wants to stick her fist up your ass.

As long as we're playing...

What the difference between a bull and the Guy Lombardo Ensemble?
In the Guy Lombardo Ensemble, the horns are in the back and the asshole is up front.

7 hours ago, niacin said:

That escalated fast. Reminds me of the story of the pianist playing in a swanky bar - when he comes back from break somebody has left a long-stemmed red rose in a slender vase on his piano alongside a note: "8pm. One rose on your piano. Midnight. Tulips on your organ".

Cheers, Mike.