Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Favorite music jokes

What did the drummer say to the chick singer?

"Do you want this too fast or too slow?"

Did you hear about the drummer that locked his keys in the car?

Had to break the window to get the bass player out...

And then there was the accordion/banjo duo that had a New Years Eve gig. They killed it...everybody loved them. At the end of the night the club owner told them he wanted to hire them for the next New Years gig.

They said...

"Cool! do you have a place where we can leave our stuff?"

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, skipeb3 said:

"Do you want this too fast or too slow?"

6 hours ago, MathOfInsects said:

I got the drummer
In the band to help me write
This haiku

Tempo synced to click

Every night the star complained

"Faster than last night!"

(True story from my MD days)

Cheers, Mike.

• Haha 1

What’s the definition of “perfect pitch”?

Throwing a guitar into a dumpster without hitting the lid………

• Like 1

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

3 musicians are standing before the Pearly Gates. 

The first one, dressed in a tuxedo with tails tells St. Peter “I’m a world famous concert pianist. I’ve brought happiness to millions with my personal appearances worldwide”. St. Peter replied “Heaven is thrilled to have you here. Just walk up this road and enjoy your stay”.

The second one has shades, a sax strap around his neck. “I’m jazz. I was there with Bird, Dizzy, and created the genre”. St. Peter also said “walk up this road and enjoy your stay”.

The third guy is wearing a beat up tux jacket with non-matching pants and a fuzzy bow tie. “I’m a club date musician. I’ve made many brides happy and played hundreds of dinner dances”.

St. Peter told him “walk up this road and enjoy your stay”. The guy takes a step when St. Peter grabs his shoulder to tell him “But bring your instruments through the kitchen”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

5 minutes ago, lightbg said:

What’s the definition of “perfect pitch”?

Throwing a guitar into a dumpster without hitting the lid………

Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

A few years ago I was offered a job playing accordion, so I borrowed one and learned the basics and the job went fine. Afterwards I put it in the back seat for the drive home. I stopped at a convenience store for a drink afterwards. It was in a pretty rough part of town & I didn't remember until I was in the store that the accordion was laying in plain sight on the back seat. I rushed out as fast as I could but discovered I was too late. Someone had smashed the rear window & thrown two more accordions in there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

This one is so old it's heard of Bonnie Raitt:

A 12-year-old kid goes to a bass teacher for lessons. On the first day, the teacher shows him how to play a single note. "This is the '1,'" he says. "Practice it over and over."

So the kid goes home and practices the "1."

The next week the teacher shows him another note. "This is the '5.' Practice this one over and over too."

So the kid goes home and practices the "1" and the "5."

The third week the kid doesn't show up. The teacher calls the mom, and asks where he is.

"Oh,' she says. "He'll be gone for a while. He got a job touring with a professional country band."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Q: What's the difference between a saxophone & a lawnmower?

A: You can tune a lawnmower.

Q: What's the difference between a trumpet player and a jumbo jet?

A: About 2 decibels.

Q: What's the difference between a violin and a viola?

A: 1. You can throw a violin farther. 2. A viola burns longer.

Q: How do you protect a violin?

A: Hide it in a viola case.

Q: What's the difference in a viola and an onion?

A: People cry when you chop up an onion.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ITGITC said:

You guys are abominable.

OK, I'll byte. :poke:

How many FORUMITES  does it take to change a light bulb?

One to change the bulb.

Fifty to stand around slurping warm PBR, scratching their private parts, and bitching about how XLR outputs on keyboards don't incorporate the fabled Jensen transformer by default. :laugh:   :rocker: :boing: :guinness: :facepalm: :puff: :rimshot: 

OK, that reminded me of two more.

Q: How many guitarists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Four - One to change the bulb and the other three to stand there and say, "I can do that".

Q: How many drummers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Four - One to change the bulb and the other three to stand there and talk about how Dave Weckl would have done it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ITGITC said:

How many FORUMITES  does it take to change a light bulb?

One to change the bulb.

Fifty to stand around slurping warm PBR, scratching their private parts, and bitching about how XLR outputs on keyboards don't incorporate the fabled Jensen transformer by default. :laugh:   :rocker: :boing: :guinness: :facepalm: :puff: :rimshot: 

Okay, the polls are now closed. We have our winner. :allhail: 

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

I stole this but good none-the-less;

C, E-flat, and G go into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished, and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough. D comes in and heads for the bathroom, saying, "Excuse me; I'll just be a second." Then A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, "Get out! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight." E-flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, "You're looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development." Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural. Eventually C sobers up and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. C is brought to trial, found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of D.S. without Coda at an upscale correctional facility.

• Like 1

Yamaha CP-73, Hammond SK Pro 73, Yamaha MODX 7, Roland Fantom 06, Roland VK-8M, Yamaha FS1R