Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What's your full-time job?

bill5

I'm probably the worst responder to this since I retired 6 years ago as a Public School Music Teacher. I am reliving my childhood dreams working part time in a hobby shop selling radio controlled models. Nothing like being the oldest kid on the block....🤪

• Like 4

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

I also retired just over 6 years ago. Music has only ever been my hobby, though I did do a couple of albums in the early 90's and sold quite a lot with some radio play.

Before I retired I was a scientist doing research in renewable energy and electronics communications eng. Sometimes I wish I could have followed my passion for music as a career instead, as it's always been in my blood. Sadly I've never had any discipline when it comes to spending money on synths. Always been a kind of "kid in a music shop" type thing! Must have spent more money on synths my whole life than any other medium cost item 🙄

The companions I can't live without: Kawai Acoustic Grand, Yamaha MontageM8x, Studiologic Numa Piano X GT, Kronos2-73, .
Other important stuff: Novation Summit, NI Komplete Ultimate 14 CE, Omnisphere, EW Hollywood Orchestra Opus, Spitfire Symphony Orchestra, Sonuscore Elysion and Orchestra Complete 3, Pianoteq 8 Pro, Roland RD88.

Accountant...😭

1 hour ago, yannis D said:

Radio dj/producer for a music station here in Athens, Greece called Kosmos 93.6 and musician 

Γεια σου Πατρίδα!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

45 minutes ago, yannis D said:

Γεια σου αδερφέ.

Ελλάδα είσαι ή Αμερική; 

Πειραιά, Κερατσίνι...🙂

• Like 1

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

I am a 54 y.o. Telecommunication Engineer who enjoys working on real electronics, the hardware side so, after 22 years working on R&D (always programming and electronics related), 10 years ago I began to work for myself, on my home electronics laboratory, fixing mostly amateur radio equipment (and lately, as a side work, some synths and other music related gear 😃)

Then, 5 years ago, the keyboard playing bug bit me (I had just played some guitar chords 30+ years ago, so basically started from scratch) and since then, I am actively learning to play, learning music theory and, since March 2022, playing on a pop/rock band. And enjoying every second! 🤩

Jose

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kenheeter said:

I retired from Biomedical Engineering almost 10 years ago but I'm still running my electronic repair shop, mostly  working on musical equipment. Authorized repair depot for most major brands.  Keeps me out from under foot....

Wow, incredible, while I was writing my message, another electronics repairman!

Great! 🤩

Jose

My wife and I own a veterinary hospital. She's the doctor and I do whatever I'm told. ;) Seriously though, I maintain the computer systems and software, medical equipment, etc. and take care of the front office.

• Like 2

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

IT guy. Today in backend, enterprise software, working for the French public administration.

In the past, a lot of stuff, including a 10 years gig at Ircam.

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

https://barbogio.bandcamp.com/follow_me

I'm the co-owner of a small company that runs two business centers / coworking spaces and provides (web) marketing services to the vertical segments of coworking.

It's my main source of income, but I have to say that in the last years it takes no more than 2/3 of my working time. The rest is playing and writing music and theatre.

• Like 3

My band: www.tupamaros.it - Our music: https://tupamaros-it.bandcamp.com/

Galanti Accordion + Voicelive Play | Roland FA-07 | GSI Gemini Rack | MIDI Drawbars controller (custom made) | IK Multimedia UNO Synth Pro 

Wannabe professional surfer who realized the 1% odds of making it to the CT weren't that good.

Now I glass surfboards, I can sand, polish and repair boards. I'm slowly accumulating the tools to start my own shop.

Prior to the pandemic I worked at my mother's gift shop, which she chose not to reopen. Now she sells at the Aloha Stadium flea market on weekends, and I help her when I can.

• Like 2

Jennifer S.