Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BF GAS: post your purchases here!

Now that it is mostly gone (well, some sales are still running, you can join this thread at any moment!), what your GAS has taken you to buy during this BF period?. Well, not only GAS acquisitions. Sometimes we do really need stuff. Sometimes 😉

I should confess that I have got a Boss looper set (RC-500 along original power supply and FS-6 pedal). I had never do any looping before but, so far, is a nice time keeping practice tool at least.

Then I have got Arturia V-Collection 9 at a good price (149€) as owner of other Arturia products. What triggered most my interest on this collection was the new Piano V-3. And, so far, I am liking it.

I am sorely tempted by Cherry Audio GX-80, as it sounds and looks magnificent. Also the IK Multimedia B-3X for iOS, in order to improve my evolving rig (Montage 6 plus iPad) is also on the spot. Will post if I finally go for any of them.

So far, so good. And you? 😅

Jose

• Like 4

After having upgraded my NI Komplete to 14CE the other week,  I said I was done for this year!

But then the new Pianoteq 8 was released!

I was lucky, after having PTQ standard for a few years, I decided to upgrade to Pro a few weeks ago, so the free update to 8 Pro was sitting in my Account Inbox.

Then my world opened to the new classical guitar. Wow! The articulations are to another level! So I bought it in an instant. Not a big spend after KU14CE, but a final BF spend all the same. I'm done now, (Until I'm tortured by something sparkly next week :)

• Like 2

The companions I can't live without: Kawai Acoustic Grand, Yamaha MontageM8x, Studiologic Numa Piano X GT, Kronos2-73, .
Other important stuff: Novation Summit, NI Komplete Ultimate 14 CE, Omnisphere, EW Hollywood Orchestra Opus, Spitfire Symphony Orchestra, Sonuscore Elysion and Orchestra Complete 3, Pianoteq 8 Pro, Roland RD88.

For me, this BF was quieter than last year when I picked up some orchestral libraries. However, I still haven't really learned how to use them which has an unfortunate damping effect on gas in that area, lol.

So I picked up some effects plugins and I updated Pianoteq and got some synth goodies I am eager to explore: Cherry Audio's GX80, Expressive E's Imagine and Toybox Audio's TangleSynth and Synth Pack. Toybox is a developer on the Reaktor platform and I am hopeful that their good examples will help improve my rudimentary Reaktor skills. 🤞

• Like 2

My new Novation SL61 Mkiii arrives tomorrow. It wasn't really a BF deal but I did get a nice price from SW, bundled with some cables for the studio. I almost never buy new but used prices were too close and this will be an important piece of the studio for years to come.

Cherry Audio's GX-80 will definitely be on the menu at some point, but I need to go deep with a bunch of stuff I already own first. Gonna be a FUN winter!

• Like 1

I picked up a Hammond sk pro but it wasn't really a BF thing (timing wise, yes, but the deal I got was the regular "what can you do for me" with my Sweetwater rep).

Software-wise, I bought very little but partly that was because I got in on that Soniccouture bundle deal earlier this year (5 plugins for X, 10 for Y).   I was really good about buying for "need" and frankly I find myself with not enough to do with the plugins I have.  I certainly do NOT need more instruments, although I must say that Novum piqued my interest (a granular synth that sounds actually "new"!)   I got a drum kit and vocal library from 8dio ($25 total), got Little Radiator for free and that's it I think.  Even with free stuff I don't often download or install these days.   

To be fair part of my restraint was knowing I should have Komplete Ultimate next summer when upgrades go on sale, and that has a fair number of additions that I'm looking forward to (including three granular instruments, and more drum options.)   Ozone standard is also part of Komplete now so that kept me from buying any mastering plugins (limiters etc).  I may end up not liking Ozone, not sure, but since I'll have it I'll see what it can do before buying other options.

• Like 2

I went into the store thinking I'd get a MIDI KB controller to use with my laptop. 

I ended up buying a Roland Juno DS61 instead.  It's a MIDI controller with onboard sounds too.🤣😎

• Like 5

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I ordered an electric  guitar, case and strap for my kid.  Sweetwater had the guitar marked down to 299 from 379.  

I’ve had my eye on a motion sound 610S for dad but it’s a lot of scratch and the best I’ve seen is 15% off.  Still on the fence. 

I’ve avoided the software temptation so as not to deplete my 610S savings account. 😂

• Like 2

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Newfangled Invigorate and Cherry Audio GX-80.

Slowly but surely I'm gravitating towards mixing/mastering plugins that sound great and are versatile, Invigorate is a winner. 

It will replace other individual plugins that offer compression, limiting and harmonic distortion, I can drop Invigorate and do any/all of those things. 

The GX-80 is a great sounding synth and unlike anything else I have. 

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Reverb.com gave me a $50 credit earlier this year, which had to be used by end of 2022.

I was going to use it towards an effects pedal.   Instead I stumbled across a new Prophet 5 Desktop that was already 15% down, and y'all can guess what happened next.

Got a Joue Play for dipping my toes into MPE control of the Prophet.

• Like 2

Don't need instruments, fx or mixing plugins at this point.

This thing here looks really useful though.  The perc rolls and cymbal swells are not easy to do manually.

Edit: big caveat for some, no native apple silicon as of yet.  This just came out in August, I'm trying to find out if there are plans to update it.  I still have an Intel mac myself, but moving forward I don't want to buy anything that might never get updated as eventually I'll upgrade.  No interest in running my brand new mac's Logic in hobbled rosetta mode.

Edit 2:  Dev responded on vi-control, said that he doesn't currently have an M1 mac to work with.   I'm thinking eventually, like me, he will and so will update it :)  10 bucks so I think I'll bite as this looks plenty useful for me.

https://grumpymonkeyplugins.com/products/roll-control

I got a good deal on a Kurzweil PC4-7...been wanting one of these for almost 3 years, since they were announced just pre-pandemic.

Also I'm a newish Universal Audio Apollo user. So I told advantage of UA's buy 3 get 3 free plugins deal. I tell ya, it's really useful having that DSP to take a load off my old Mac Mini.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Franz Schiller said:

I got a good deal on a Kurzweil PC4-7...been wanting one of these for almost 3 years, since they were announced just pre-pandemic.

I just got a PC4 myself, you certainly won't regret it!  Mine came in the mail only a few days ago, and the sounds are quite good.

• Like 3

Instruments: Walters Grand Console Upright Piano circa 1950 something, Kurzweil PC4-88, Ibanez TMB-100
Studio Gear: Audient EVO16, JBL 305P MKII monitors, assorted microphones, Reaper

1 hour ago, kaptainkeys said:

I just got a PC4 myself, you certainly won't regret it!  Mine came in the mail only a few days ago, and the sounds are quite good.

Sweet!

I'm a long time Kurzweil fan. I have a K2vx, a (broken) loaded K2000s, and a K2500rs. I used to have a K2661 but there was something about the sound I didn't like.

Anyway, I played a PC4-7 at a Guitar Center recently (a Kurz at a GC was shocking) and I feel like it sounded better. I'm pretty stoked about VA1 oscillators, color screen, user samples, and streamlined FX.

• Like 1

My most recent purchase has been the MODX7+ (got an unbelievable deal).  After bad mouthing the keyboard for months (before I purchased it), I must admit that once I got my hands on it I really liked it. My fingers fly across the keys... I have not played this fast in years!  I also like the millions of great patches that you can create.  Pretty... Pretty... great!  Also bought an aluminum spider stand and the B3X (not much better than the VB3, IMHO).

69051164084__E9D456F1-BEF4-4BDA-948A-F568EC5FB51A.jpeg

• Like 2

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

12 hours ago, Stokely said:

Don't need instruments, fx or mixing plugins at this point.

This thing here looks really useful though.  The perc rolls and cymbal swells are not easy to do manually.

Edit: big caveat for some, no native apple silicon as of yet.  This just came out in August, I'm trying to find out if there are plans to update it.  I still have an Intel mac myself, but moving forward I don't want to buy anything that might never get updated as eventually I'll upgrade.  No interest in running my brand new mac's Logic in hobbled rosetta mode.

Edit 2:  Dev responded on vi-control, said that he doesn't currently have an M1 mac to work with.   I'm thinking eventually, like me, he will and so will update it :)  10 bucks so I think I'll bite as this looks plenty useful for me.

https://grumpymonkeyplugins.com/products/roll-control

That is a useful tool!

Another option regarding Apple Silicon is to wait for a bit and somebody else will make another version of this.

That seems to happen often with plugins, more than one way to skin a cat and more than one cat needs skinning...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I went ahead and picked it up, ten dollars.  My 2016 macbook pro doesn't struggle at all--it took many instances of highest-quality Repro and Diva to cause some issues, I was doing an early 80s inspired tune!--and he sounds like they will update this eventually.   If not, well as you say someone might make a similar thing.

I was really tempted yesterday by Sonuscores Origins bundle--1 through 5 for 20 bucks total--normally this is $349.   But no matter how cheap something is, my new policy is to ask the hard question:  "will I use it?" And that bundle apparently is high quality, but it either has instruments I wouldn't use, or instruments that I already have in Kontakt or other libraries.  Stayed strong!

re: Modx7--I've really gotten used to the keys, even for legato piano (which I don't do much in a rock band.)  Fingers flying around is a good description, the hardest part if you play piano on it is to avoid playing too fast.  I did immediately adjust the global velocity to make it so that it took more velocity to trigger the stronger parts of the sound, otherwise I'd barely press and it sounded like someone slamming a piano or rhodes.   I will say it's difficult to play on a weighted board after adjusting to the Modx7!

Went from gonna pass to...

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite to Samplitude Pro X7 Suite(included Sound Forge Pro 15 and Spectralayers Pro 9)
iZotope Music Production Suite 4 to Music Production Suite 5.1 Universal(incuded various Plugin Alliance plugins)
Pulsar Audio Massive & Mu Bundle
Pulsar Audio Echorec
Fluffy Audio Rinascimento
Arturia V Collection 8 to V Collection 9
Arturia FX Collection 3
Arturia Pigments 3
CD Baby Pro Distribution(bought at sale price for next album release- included free UPC code, Rotor music video credit, and 1 Yr. Hear Now coupon for 12.00)

Doh!!

Bill

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

On 11/30/2022 at 12:11 AM, EB5AGV said:

Then I have got Arturia V-Collection 9 at a good price (149€) as owner of other Arturia products. What triggered most my interest on this collection was the new Piano V-3. And, so far, I am liking it.

I, too, got V-Collection 9 as an upgrade from 7 for $99.   In so doing, I "stumbled" on the Piano V-3 and for that matter V2 that was in Collection 3 (I never tried it before).  They are going to work very well for my needs, and I didn't find the need to purchase Pianoteq.