Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What the hell is this??????

sagetunes

Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

For the folks who don't have Facebook - this is listed in Facebook Marketplace as a "Hammond Pro 73".

310061183-5947225798629551-7737455062797
310212149-5159136554192380-8014737657514
310203627-8051606194880531-5154592427861
309750476-5771397716246282-7222785747340

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

My guess is someone acquired this and looked up "Pro-73", which a google search shows as "Hammond Pro-73", which this is clearly not, but listed it as such.  

It looks like something from the 70's, either an electronic or electro-mechanical piano. I'm old enough to remember the 70's, but this doesn't look familiar. 

Just out of curiosity, I'm want to check it out. I'm intrigued.  It clearly is not Hammond--I have typed in RMI, Vox, Univox, Hohner, Cordovox, Yamaha, Viscount, Oberheim, Farfissa, Gibson, Kustom, Baldwin, Kawai, Roland, Crumar...NOTHING! The internet has never heard of this board.

Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

5 hours ago, sagetunes said:

Just out of curiosity, I'm want to check it out. I'm intrigued.  It clearly is not Hammond--I have typed in RMI, Vox, Univox, Hohner, Cordovox, Yamaha, Viscount, Oberheim, Farfissa, Gibson, Kustom, Baldwin, Kawai, Roland, Crumar...NOTHING! The internet has never heard of this board.

...missed General Music and predecessor LEM in your list. With a RI address I would suspect Italian origin.

Sorry but this thread title gave me intense deja vu back to the 1970s. Awesome synth bass!

https://youtu.be/urIWc4ISwos

• Like 1

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

1 hour ago, Synthaholic said:

Sorry but this thread title gave me intense deja vu back to the 1970s. Awesome synth bass!

https://youtu.be/urIWc4ISwos

It made me think if this. Also 70s. Some nice Wurli, and the vocals aren't too shabby either:

• Like 1

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

18 hours ago, Tom Williams said:

Well, I've just asked (PM'd) the seller why he thinks it's (1) a Hammond and (2) an organ.  Lessee if he responds.

Me: Why do you think it's a Hammond -- or for that matter, an organ?

Seller: it’s a hammond studio organ

Me: Do you have any pics from other angles? A whole caboodle of keyboard players have looked at the FB pictures and said "Nah, it can't be."

(Awaiting next response)

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Good luck:   

Blk Amigo (Babii boii), the seller, just joined FB in April, and has very odd postings.

Also, the fact that each of the photos he posted in this listing don't show the entire thing is the biggest red flag.

• Like 1

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

Yeah. I’ve just gone down that rabbit hole. 
I found those other instruments they made but can’t find this one. 

It is entirely possible the seller was told Hohner, when he got it and if he doesn’t know instruments, thought Hammond. 

Now I’m curious.  This is my evening quest… to follow that star…..no matt..  sorry my add has me in its grips tonight 😎

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

It does say on the back "LE/Logan", and the next to it is the city in Italy Logan was based (Portorecanati Italy), and then below that "MOD: Electronic Piano". So it appears to be a Logan Electronic Piano, model Pro-73. The serial number says 146, so I would assume they didn't make many.

Based on the Hohner String Machine find above, it's an easy assumption that this possibly was licensed or sold to some other company who badged it with their name. Territories? Could be anywhere. 

I somehow ended up with this find on Reverb: https://reverb.com/item/27415075-elgam-montreal-elgam-snoopy-electric-piano-harpischord-italian-keyboard-synth-logan

This looks to me like it would be a later manufactured keyboard, but I can see some similar things on this that show up on the Hammond from FB.

Perhaps Marino or someone else here based in Italy might know the brand and story? 

None of these get anything on Google unfortunately..... 

On 10/20/2022 at 8:46 AM, zxcvbnm098 said:

The GEM lead might be close. This one has some similar traits, although not the same model. The case looks the same shape as the one one in the FB, and they both use sliders?

https://reverb.com/item/897545-vintage-1970s-galanti-gem-instapiano-synthesizer-keyboard-w-original-stand-and-bag-made-in-italy

I love the look of this one. Very nice styling and comes from the factory with a tilting stand amazing. 

I love Italian designed keyboards always have a nice style about them.

And room to fit a synth on top if you dont utilise the tilt on the stand

Awesome

On 10/21/2022 at 6:11 AM, zxcvbnm098 said:

Perhaps Marino or someone else here based in Italy might know the brand and story? 

Well it is a known name, but i don’t really have actual info. The name in my memory is associated with low/medium end products, compared with the big names of the epoc lime Farfisa, Crb and Crumar.

i also think i have already saw the keyboard, but it is a while ago :)

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

https://barbogio.bandcamp.com/follow_me