Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your eyes? (as OT as you make it)

4 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Stick it up, mister!
Hear what I say sir, yeah yeah
Get your hands in the air, sir!
Then you will get no hurt, mister, no no no

I said yeah (I said yeah)
What they say (listen what they say)
Don't you hear? I say, yeah (yeah yeah)
Listen what they say (listen what they say)

Do you believe I would take such a thing with me
And give it to a police man?
I wouldn't do that (ooh, ooh)
And if I do that, I would say "Sir
Come on and put the charge on me"
I wouldn't do that, no (ooh, ooh)
I wouldn't do that (ooh, ooh)

I'm not a fool to hurt myself
So I was innocent of what they done to me
They was wrong
They were wrong (ooh, ooh)

Give it to me one time (huh)
Give it to me two times (huh-huh)
Give it to me three times (huh-huh-huh)
Give it to me four times (huh-huh-huh-huh)

54-46 was my number
Right now, someone else has that number
54-46 was my number, was my number
Right now, someone else has that number

I said yeah (I said yeah)
Oh I say hear me now (yeah yeah)

Give it to me one time (huh)
Give it to me two times (huh-huh)
Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme
Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme
No, no, no, no

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

That's the way it goes.  Several pieces of my childhood and personal history are gone.  My elementary school, Goodell school, was torn down in the '70's and became an A&P.   By the early '80's it was converted to a Spartan discount supermarket.  And in the mid '90's it was torn down and is now a CVS drug store.

In the '80's, the Huff Jr, High school I attended was torn down.  It took nearly 20 years for them to replace it with a new middle school building

Three of the pld car washes I worked at (starting at on all hand wash when I was 14) are all gone.  A MacCleen's car wash I worked at closed and became a Quizno's. It's a T-Mobile store now.  But at least that building is still there.

Unlike the Cadillac main plant on Clark St in Detroit. which was razed a few years after it closed in 1988.  And the Livonia GM powertrain plant I transferred to when Cadillac closed is now also gone and razed.

So is the Sears shopping center strip mall me and some buddies used to hang out at when we should have been at classes in high school.  The Sears store building is still there, but has been closed and empty since my wife died in '18.  It's scheduled to be torn down later this year.  I also worked there for a while.  The Biff's diner that was "kitty-cornered" from Sears and where I also worked during my senior year is also long gone.  Along with the Top Hat burger place I worked shortly at.  And so are many other old hang-outs I frequented are gone and torn down.

Whitefang

• Like 2
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Just stumbled on Denis Pauna’s stuff a couple days ago.  He does famous songs and albums in the styles of other famous bands.  So you get something like this:

• Like 2

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

7 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Dick Dale - The King Of Surf Guitar. I especially like the story behind the Showman amp. I've never played surf music, getting a reverb pedal has made me think abour trying some. People visiting Hawaii may want to hear surf music. 

https://youtu.be/HxPzQcQXnOE

+1

A little Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, Jimmy Buffet, etc., along with a few instrumentals like Dick Dale and the Ventures: Pipeline, Walk Don't Run, Apache, Miserlou, etc., should go over quite well on the beach with the beauty of Hawaii and some surfers as your backdrop!   😎👍

• Like 3
Take care, Larryz

8 hours ago, whitefang said:

I notice Dale didn't "reverse" the strings when playing lefty like  Jimi and McCartney did.

Whitefang

I’ve seen a LOT of pix of Dick Dale, and I’m not sure he wasn’t an incarnation of a Trickster God.  I’ve seen him with lefty guitars strung properly, flipped righties strung for lefties, flipped righties with standard righty stringing, and some (possibly reversed) pix of him playing standard righty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

2 hours ago, Larryz said:

+1

A little Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, Jimmy Buffet, etc., along with a few instrumentals like Dick Dale and the Ventures: Pipeline, Walk Don't Run, Apache, Miserlou, etc., should go over quite well on the beach with the beauty of Hawaii and some surfers as your backdrop!   😎👍

Hell…the original theme song from Hawaii 5-0!

And, of course, all those great bands who carried the (tiki) torch all these years and refused to let the genre die.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

I’ve seen a LOT of pix of Dick Dale, and I’m not sure he wasn’t an incarnation of a Trickster God.  I’ve seen him with lefty guitars strung properly, flipped righties strung for lefties, flipped righties with standard righty stringing, and some (possibly reversed) pix of him playing standard righty.

If you go 1:31 into this clip you'll see a person, supposedly representing Elvis, in silhouette holding a guitar in the right handed play position.  That was an early movie appearance by Dick Dale in the movie "Let's Make Love".('60).

Whitefang

• Like 2
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

On 8/4/2023 at 4:12 PM, Larryz said:

+1

Every video I watched about my new Walrus Audio Fundamental Reverb had a riff from some surf instrumental. So I decided why not give a try. 

Now off to try some SOCAL surfing.

• Like 3
Jenny S.

@surfergirl, I hear there is a tropical storm this week coming up from Mexico which may have made things a little more challenging.  It may affect LA and San Diego this Saturday morning through Sunday.  Did you find the water as warm or colder than you are used to in Hawaii?  Glad you had some good time fun! 😎👍

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz

Long time no see!
Well on July 30, after five years of issues, our third independent film finally premiered.
The closest I can come to describing it is, it's kind of a parody of mainstream institutions as cults.

One of the cool things about it is, that several cast members including myself contributed to the soundtrack.
In my case, one of the producers wrote the lyrics, I got a buddy of mine in Sweden to do the music, and I performed the song as well as a music video version with dance. The song was also used for closing credits. I'm told there is a long form version of the video, and we may have a separate soundtrack with songs that weren't in the film.  The song does not have guitar, it's supposed to be a 90s dancefloor feel. 
The poster has me at the center.

thumbnail_SPOILED IDENTITY DEPLORAH POSTER.jpg

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

4 hours ago, skipclone 1 said:

Long time no see!
Well on July 30, after five years of issues, our third independent film finally premiered.
The closest I can come to describing it is, it's kind of a parody of mainstream institutions as cults.

One of the cool things about it is, that several cast members including myself contributed to the soundtrack.
In my case, one of the producers wrote the lyrics, I got a buddy of mine in Sweden to do the music, and I performed the song as well as a music video version with dance. The song was also used for closing credits. I'm told there is a long form version of the video, and we may have a separate soundtrack with songs that weren't in the film.  The song does not have guitar, it's supposed to be a 90s dancefloor feel. 
The poster has me at the center.

thumbnail_SPOILED IDENTITY DEPLORAH POSTER.jpg

Entirely too cool, skip.  :cool:

4 hours ago, surfergirl said:

I'm going home today, hopefully I get home before the winds reach Oahu. 

https://youtu.beepv0Aky8ZZY

Oh! Oh! That is terrible! I am so sorry to see that happening!

So far 6 deaths and the hospitals on Maui are overwhelmed. They are flying burn victims to Honolulu for treatment. People where jumping in the ocean to escape the fire. They had to evacuate one evacuation center. I think Oahu is going to be ok, but I'll be glad to be home.  

• Sad 3
Jenny S.