Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your eyes? (as OT as you make it)

I just recently found out my local cable provider has MTV University and MTV Classic hidden in its offerings.  The former plays new videos.  The latter plays older stuff, usually in decade-specific blocks- 80s, 90s, etc.  Its a blast being able to turn on a channel and be awash in music videos again.  But I’ve also been reminded of the dark side.

On MTV U, I’ve seen them spamming the same videos over and over.  In the couple of weeks since my discovery, there’s at least a half dozen I can recognize without looking.  And one that premiered yesterday was played 3 times in 90 minutes.

MTV Classic is better…and worse.  While I haven’t seen many VIDEOS repeated, I have seen them binge broadcast certain BANDS.  In the course of an 80s block, they played 3 Depeche Mode songs.  All were among my DM favorites, but it’s not like they were the only band releasing anything in that era.

Over the past year, I’ve also discovered the joys of using YouTube on my bedroom smartTV.  While I will occasionally look up certain performers, like Douglas Blue Feather, Bill Laswell, and Brian Eno, my most common usage is as a white noise generator.  IOW, I look up 3-10 hour nature/ASMR videos with crashing surf, rainfall, wind through bamboo stands, flowing streams, riding along in passenger trains, waterfalls and so forth, letting them run.  I set my TV shutdown timer for 90+ minutes and drift off.

• Like 4

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

8 hours ago, surfergirl said:

@surfergirl, I requested Keola Beamer from Ms. Google (Google Home out in the kitchen), and Elizabeth and I listened to his music for an hour or so; Elizabeth really liked that. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

If you haven't yet, you absolutely MUST take in all three seasons of Derry Girls... Comedic GENIUS, just pure GOLD- the writing, the acting, the production... while also including tougher, darker topics. Brilliant.

This trailer doesn't even come close to doing it justice. Just watch the series.

• Like 1

My phone and my Mac are on different OS's, so I can't post videos, but . . .

The Maples are turning brilliant Red at this time, and the Nandinas (Heavenly Bamboo) are setting heavy clusters of red berries that make them lean over. The Hostas have mostly yellowed, and their leaves are dying back and drying up, exposing bare ground.

There are already leaves dropping from some of the older trees nearby, the ones that are nearing the end of their time, so even as the days grow shorter, light peeks through in areas that were heavily shaded just a few weeks, or even days ago.

The deer are getting bolder, which is to say, hungrier, so I see small groups of three or four in mid-day, gathering on suburban lawns near busy streets, like early and over-eager Trick-Or-Treaters.

Not that I don't watch television, or videos, but some things are best appreciated IRL, IRT, and I'm just fortunate that my work has me outdoors where I can see them.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

One of the great things about living here is the beauty surrounding me. I have the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other side. Sometimes I just go to watch 🐢 I love them. Sometimes I will paddle out on my board and just watch the sunset or sunrise.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
Jenny S.

16 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

One of the great things about living here is the beauty surrounding me. I have the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other side. Sometimes I just go to watch 🐢 I love them. Sometimes I will paddle out on my board and just watch the sunset or sunrise.

And later on this evening, if the sky is clear, you get to watch the full moon rise on the eastern horizon while the sun is setting on the western horizon.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
I rock; therefore, I am.

Happy Pimpin' Child Sex-Slave Tradin' Minor-Mutilatin' Lyin' Cheatin' Thievin' Betrayin' Sonofabitch Day!

I mean Columbus Day!

fTZ3Rix.gif

• Like 3

David Bowie played a character named Lord Royal Highness, clearly modelled after one of the Blue Meanies from the Beatles movie Yellow Submarine, in the SpongeBob SquarePants episode Atlantis SquarePantis, which originally aired on Nickelodeon on November 12, 2007.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Ever since I started working in a factory, I've been intrigued by the manufacturing process. I don't think people realize how much is still done by hand, even in the machine era. 

True!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hurricane hugo said:

They're building a new bridge to Canada here. This drone footage was shot a few days ago.

Cool. Better than building a moronic wall...

Detroit?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, surfergirl said:

I'll try not to post anymore Hawaii stuff. No promise tho 

https://youtu.be/TgBi0A8Slbg

No need to make any such promises! No one is bothered in the slightest, and probably actually like such stuff.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hurricane hugo said:

LOVE EVERYTHING about that!! ESPECIALLY just hearing Mr. Manring playing there. :cool: 

Re: those Hipshot tuners... Small world, I used to live not too far away from the Hipshot company, and rehearsals and gigs with a band I was in at the time took me to that general locality quite frequently. We played a few benefits and outdoor parties with a band that Hipshot founder and President Dave Borisoff played pedal steel and banjo with. So, I got to meet and even jam with him and that band a few times. I even visited him at the Hipshot factory. While I was there, killin' time while he was required elsewhere for a bit, I packaged up a bunch of guitar tuners in their little card-stock and cellophane boxes, destined for Musician's Friend... He's a GREAT guy and Hipshot hardware is top quality!

We had a laugh the first time we played together when he said he wanted to be able to see what I was doing with my pedals, and I replied that I wanted to be able see what he was doing with his pedals, too- as he was playing a pedal steel at the time... ! :laugh: 😁

• Like 3