Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - 5 favorite comfort food

Docbop said:
Actually surprise so far only three people have mentioned pizza. If I could have put more than five items pizza would of been one

Me, too. With only five slots, it was difficult for me to tag pizza and lasagna....but (thin crust!) pizza is a holy food to me for sure. Same thing with listing cheeseburger and cheesesteak. :idk:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

beef â charbroiled steak or roast beef, rare

salad â homemade only, with my own dressing

lox, bagel, schmear, tomato, red onion, capers

Thai food â good restaurant only, mediocre Thai is horrible

pizza â good restaurant pizza only, no homemade or frozen

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Oatmeal with fresh strawberries, blueberries, banana, maple syrup and half & half.

When Trader Joe's has their Black Forrest bacon that is amazing but sometimes they forget the Black Forrest flavor and it is just bacon.

Mashed potatoes

French bread toast with butter and strawberry jelly

Danish pastry

If I can have 7, add pizza, even Costco $2 slice for convenience and speed, there is also a chain called Pizza My Heart with amazing tasting crust, Round Table is good too (Salami) as well as BBQ hamburgers (ground chuck, fresh tomato, green leafy lettuce, mayo, Swiss cheese and

If 8 add brown rice over spaghetti sauce (yes the rice over the top so I can get just the right amount of each per spoonful

Dog, kraut, and German mustard here!

Tim have you ever been to Germany? If not, you need to put that on your list! The beer I think is the best, and sausage? Oh yeah, lots. Many years back I took a bunch of work trips to Germany, and one local Munich guy said "I've got a great place for lunch!" So we went, and he was SO excited for this meal - we got there, and it was sausage. It was good. The next day, he says "I have another GREAT place for lunch!" So we go - more sausage! This went on for about a week or two - - they really love their sausage!

Did I mention the beer? Hofbrau beer - a meal in a glass, that is good good GOOD!

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Chicken and dumplings

Beef stew

Cream of mushroom soup

Lamb and mashed potatoes

Corned beef or pastrami on rye

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

• 1 year later...

Pot Roast

Mac n cheese

Fried Chicken

Lasagna

Meatloaf

I keep pot roast, fried chicken, lasagna and meatloaf in the freezer, making it in mass so I can put a bunch of single servings away. I've not yet learned how to make mac n cheese that does not dry out in the freezer.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Tortilla chips and queso mixed with Hatch New Mexico green chile (you'll see angels)

Burger, medium and right off of a grill, cheddar/lettuce/tomato w/Cleveland's Bertman ballpark mustard (My teams may stink but their mustard is the saving grace most years)

Pork ribs and GOOD sauce

Little Debbie Nutty Bars/Reese's cups/etc etc etc

Detroit coney dog (All American's the one but there's several great ones)

All of the above go with a good hazy IPA. Is beer "comfort food?"  It sure makes me comfortable!

Great OT topic

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, 2 Invisible keyboard stands (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

I’m seeing several other chicken pot pie fans. :rocker:

For those of you who like to cook, I have an awesome CPP recipe.  My little flair is a touch of Marsala wine in the sauce. 🥰

It’s posted in MPN’s Kitchen Music club.

IMG_0613.jpeg

Did you guys know we had a cooking forum? 😎

dB

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, bill5 said:

I'm way too lazy to make one.

Yeah, that one takes a bit of work…but it serves four…and there’s occasionally leftovers. :w00t:

Here’s one that’s really easy, and worth the effort.

How to make just one fresh baked chocolate chip cookie.

WAY worth the effort. :drool:

dB

10 hours ago, bill5 said:

All that for ONE cookie? You are insane. ;) 

Well yeah…but that’s beside the point. 😁

First of all, the one cookie - it’s actually a pretty decent sized one - scratches my itch without increasing my (ever-expanding) waistline as much as a batch would…and secondly, as someone who cooks fairly regularly, it really only does take a little bit of time to make and clean up.  Basically not that far off making a toasted sandwich to me.

dB

• Haha 1

Great thread! I somehow missed it the first time around. Here are my top 5:

• Schnitzel (we have a wonderful authentic German "schnitzel bar" in town and I've been through their entire menu more than once)
  • Pepperoni pizza
  • Philly cheese steak
  • Biscuits and gravy
  • Chicken pot pie (I'll be trying dB's recipe)

Hot Buttered Fresh Bakery Chocolate Chip Scones and Coffee ....they re huge also... a half is enough... I can keep going with other foods... They were  just what I brought back from the Hometown Bake Shop in Centerport LI yesterday! Really the best Scones I have ever had ....toasted/some butter! Ouch . they're so freakin good ..I strategize my carb intake a save it up for them .... w/a hot cup of Chock Full of Nuts....    

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Soul food, so some good short ribs, rice and gravy,  greens.

Growing up in L.A.  I love Mexican food especially from little hole in the wall places.  Chile rellenos are a big fave of mine. 

Homemade brownies,  don't like store or even bakery ones. 

Movie theater popcorn.    None of that fake butter just plain. Something friends got me in to if they server nachos then I will put some pickled jalapenos on the popcorn. 

Chili dogs.  something my dad got me into and usually from little burger joints and real picky about the chilli.