Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

which way are you going? original KC or KCII

Delaware Dave

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unknown yet.

For now, I guess we'll have to be on both, until we know the future of this one.

Some are saying this is only temporary, to give us a chance to archive it.

Others are saying this one may be here to stay, and any potential shutdown will be well-announced before pulling the plug.

Others have said "screw it" and are staying on the other one.

We just don't know yet.

Stuff and things.

Where is the new one? When I was toasted yesterday by the big surprise, they provided a link to like facebook or twitter neither of which I know anything about so can you help. I look at the this forum about 20 time a day.

Others are saying this one may be here to stay, and any potential shutdown will be well-announced before pulling the plug.

NewBay Media is saying this:

We've absolutely taken into account your disappointment, and, as a result, we are turning the forums back on in their current forms temporarily.

And Gino Robair, editor of Keyboard Magazine is saying this:

In the note I posted about the forum coming back, we mentioned it being temporary: By that NewBay means "temporary" on the current hardware/software system. They got the message (at least for Keyboard mag) that they should keep the forum going. It's just a matter of where and how to make it more secure.

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

Where is the new one? When I was toasted yesterday by the big surprise, they provided a link to like facebook or twitter neither of which I know anything about so can you help. I look at the this forum about 20 time a day.

http://keyboardcorner.boards.net/board/1/keyboard-corner-ii

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

Thank You,

marczellm. I was able to access this and used my same screen name (Musicale)so we'll see what happens !

Crazy for some company making a decision to destroy one of the best forms on the planet for musicians with no warning. It's like PHARMABRO. Maybe this guy is MADBRO or something !

I'll likely hang on KC 2, for the most part, but also keep tabs on what's going on here.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if the archives of this forum are being saved, independently. Likely a good idea. Seems a combination of KC 2 and a dedicated archive, owned by us collectively (or by a collection of true, independent benefactors) could work well - and likely be the safest way to preserve the archives and ongoing membership. Lots of helpful educational history here folks, and it continues to be created daily.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I'll likely hang on KC 2, for the most part, but also keep tabs on what's going on here.

I feel the same way for now. I was thinking that if I were on a skiing holiday and didn't check in for a few days, I would never had know what had happened.

:nopity:

Not to be funny, but do we know that KC II is more permanent?

This is a value in the lesson of impermenance, I suppose.

But also of how to treat a vibrant, long-lasting community with a lot of really great information and friendships.

I swing both ways. Plus I can curse here...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Unknown yet.

For now, I guess we'll have to be on both, until we know the future of this one.

We just don't know yet.

Don't worry about the future as we don't have control of it... We can only regret or celebrate the past for the same reason.

Relish in The Beauty of the Moment!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

It's hard not to feel like these guys screwed us. They certainly appeared not to give a rat's ass until there was so much screaming it threatened a bottom line.

I will repeat my post from the other here:

Not that I know from personal experience, but...........

The old forum is kinda like a long time steady girlfriend, who suddenly dumps you when the quarterback pays attention to her, and then when it turns out he was just trying to make his real girlfriend jealous she comes right back and expects you to pick up like it never happened.

If Joe wants to do this, I'm sticking with him.

I just want to chime in and say that while it was a lifesaving move that Joe pulled out, and I would definitely hang there if this forum gets pulled again, I MUCH prefer the look, feel and gerneral mojo of this old forum. The colors, the fonts, the way everything works is totally familiar and good for me. I didn't enjoy being over on that other forum just because it looked and felt so different. I'm optimistic about the future of this forum, I think Mike Martin really brought attention to just how many people had been alienated by closing the forum without notice. Your a legend Mike! I would feel confident that NewBay will be true to their word, and at minimum, give sufficient notice if they ever do decide to close this again. I can also beleive and understand that they did this over security issues. They made a genuine apology that they all signed off on. Everyone deserves a second chance in life, I feel that NewBay Media do too in this case. In the meantime I vote we keep KC II up and running as a kind of storm shelter until we know in more certain terms what the future of this forum is.

We are all slave's to our brain chemistry!

I MUCH prefer the look, feel and gerneral mojo of this old forum. The colors, the fonts, the way everything works is totally familiar and good for me. I didn't enjoy being over on that other forum just because it looked and felt so different.

They have already said this forum will not continue to exist in this form. If they keep it open, they are going to switch to some more modern software.

So the forum will go thru another upheaval, the database may or may not survive, and we will be screwed again.

Moe

---

I don't believe this site will be up for long unless the parent company is able to realize a way to profit from its popularity.

They've already decided the that the UBB platform is insecure, susceptible to hacking.

So they most likely need to find a way forward that will allow them to keep our participation, our attention, and allow them to earn from it - to survive really.

Anyone have ideas on a social platform, community building software that we would like to see them go with?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I MUCH prefer the look, feel and gerneral mojo of this old forum. The colors, the fonts, the way everything works is totally familiar and good for me. I didn't enjoy being over on that other forum just because it looked and felt so different.

They have already said this forum will not continue to exist in this form. If they keep it open, they are going to switch to some more modern software.

So the forum will go thru another upheaval, the database may or may not survive, and we will be screwed again.

Well I for one don't think we will be screwed again. I hope, and beleive they will keep us informed of any big moves they make. And who is to say that they can't migrate to a different hardware/software solution whilst maintaining both the archives and the look and feel of this place? Plus, we weren't screwed in the end as (a.) Joe rallied us all together, and (b.) Mike Martin got their attention, and they reversed their poor desicion and apologized. I can see a big divide about to happen amongst forumites here, its almost like when countries split. Some of us appear to be more optimistic and forgiving, and perhaps stuck in our ways with the old forum, whilst other seem determined to never come back here, and are still angry at what happened. We live in interesting times!

We are all slave's to our brain chemistry!

The likelihood this forum will be permanent does not seem likely. This will be my second or third choice. Burn me once, burn me twice

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

No longer being a performer, I don't make a lot of postings in any musical forum, but I love the guys and gals here and the snippets of news I pick up. Like Timwat, I'm with Team Joe as he did such a marvellous job in such a short time. I also think that NewBay will uproot from here very soon and both site and software could be very different anyway. For now I'll be on both, but will watch the situation very carefully.

This place will be shutting down as far as I know.I guess the archives will be going to KCII. I registered but the UI of the forum sucks. I have my Mag on all the time for crap like that

anyways so it will just be more annoying,SOS.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Archived