Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any cool Christmas gifts?

Justin Havu

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought myself an Nord Lead A1, having a great time when my wife left for work.

The Beatles have been released on several streaming services december 24., thats for the whole family :)

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

nothing gear wise, but my wife got me one of those Bose Soundlink battery powered bluetooth speakers which will come in handy. Perfect solution for my gear van that has limited tunes, I can bring the Bose along and stream music from my phone.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

nothing gear wise, but my wife got me one of those Bose Soundlink battery powered bluetooth speakers which will come in handy. Perfect solution for my gear van that has limited tunes, I can bring the Bose along and stream music from my phone.

Yup. I got one of these last year as a gift. I like it. So I bought two as gifts for family this year. :thu:

http://betanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/bose-600x600.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Easy replacement, two solder joints and one screw. Cheap, too.

Are you in the U.S.? Order from tonewheel general hospital, get house brand Hammond oil too.

Wes

Ordered the capacitor. I'll replace it as soon as it gets here.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Nothing music related. My kids (7 and 10) gave me a Star Wars Trivia game and a nice picture frame. I don't have anybody else giving me Christmas presents. But the present I got my kids is kind of for me, too! I got them a 32" LED TV, Stand, Roku Stick, DVD Player, and HDTV Antenna for their room. Why is it partially for me? I no longer have to listen to them argue over the TV, especially when my son wants to play games and my daughter wants to watch TV. Plus, if they actually agree on what they want to watch, they can watch it in their room and Dad can actually watch something he wants! Also, the Roku stick is so easy and portable (just plugs into the TV's HDMI port), I can just grab it and take it with me when I travel and plug it into the Hotel room TV.

Side note...it's amazing how much prices have come down on all that stuff. Everything including necessary cables, stand, etc. only totaled a little over $350. About half was the TV.

The kids are loving it, and so am I :)

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Right on, J. I'm this close to cord cutting at my place. Digital antenna for local tv and a few streaming services would still save me 50% over a triple package.

Hearing how many people didn't get that shiny latest greatest keyboard this year is somehow comforting. LOL but congrats on that Nord A1 and the Kronos earlier in the thread. I'm feeling your excitement vicariously. Enjoy!

Heating up my Star Wars branded Campbell's soup as I write. ;)

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I have just return from the cinema, latest Star Wars movie. That was a Christmas gift to my 10 year old daughter from me to us :saber:

Great movie BTW

Nice. I caught it on Thursday with the Mrs. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Evening well spent.

that's almost the same distance from Baltimore to Washington DC (LA to Thousand Oaks). Doesn't look too far on paper but can be an eternity depending on traffic.

Not if you live in Thousand Oaks. :wave:

dB

My wife and I Just scored tickets. We should meet for dinner before the show

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

This year's present wasn't a material thing. this year's present was a very wonderful family Christmas. No Drama, no Alcohol, No one needing drug rehab, no family members hurting each other. No emergencies and everyone showed up. In my sixty years this is the first year without stress and drama. Happy holidays with love to everyone. ~BOB
I'm practicing so that people can maybe go "wow" at an imaginary gig I'll never play. -Nadroj

My wife and I Just scored tickets. We should meet for dinner before the show

Cool!!! Talk about a once in a lifetime experience, right? :2thu:

We're going with another couple so I'm not sure what the exact logistics will be yet, but let's definitely speak as it gets closer. :cool:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Markay . . . that sounds like some compelling reading! Congratulations!

We will get our turn for the Star Wars movie. We live 100 miles from the nearest I-Max theater and I have a Fandango account. We were actually supposed to go Wednesday but with dangerous travel, outages and such, I had them credit back the prices to use when things are doable.

A no stress family gathering . . . what a blessing! May all of them be that way.

$350 for the television set-up? We should have waited. Ours (minus the Roku stick) was almost ten times that much new.

:(

Good on you for shopping smart!

As for the "pair of cool new cans", be careful what you ask for, right?

;)

My new keys may not be the newest and shiniest on the market, but I am thrilled no end to have gotten my MicroKORG for Christmas.

:)

I got the Ivory II Grand Piano collection from my wife, and a Boss FV-500L expression pedal from my in-laws. I fired up the Ivory II Steinway D today for a project I'm working on, I ran it through an 1176 compressor plug-in, and it glued into the track like a laser-cut puzzle piece. Very satisfying...

It's amazing how a vintage compressor (even a software recreation like the UAD) can provide that essential glue that just makes a track sit right.

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

Akai LPD8 and the AAS Modeling Collection (already had Lounge a Lizard and Ultra Analog)

Now to get it all playing nicely with MainStage ...

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Santa will bring me the new Electro 5, but unfortunately this will happen after New Year's Eve. Till then I play my gigs with Mainstage/controller combo and my old and trusty Nord Lead 2 (and so far results are excellent). These Swedes work hard but it seems that they close their factory in Christmas so it's gonna take some time till it comes home.

Of course I had to sell old stuff to purchase the new Electro: Ventilator 1, two old Roland SRX cards (acoustic piano and electric piano) and the previous Electro 3' so I could gather some descent money. I'm eager to put my hands on the new Electro after all the reviews I read and the videos I saw...

Happy new year to all

Y.

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Not only an excellent compilation by an outstanding pianist, but also great design of the box and each of the individual CD covers.

:cool:

Mehldau rocks. Santa brought me the five Art of the Trio volumes. My CD changer is happy. :D

Way cool, I bought myself a HX3 organ module with controller, but the shipment got stuck in the Norwegian Customs so I am still waiting for it. :cry:

CP4 - Solaris - Kurzweil Forte - Minimoog -

- Mellotron M4000Dm - Motif rackXS - DX5 - SY99 - Rhodes 73 - HX3 - Hammond B3/2x147 - Montage7

My girlfriend of just a few months now got me a great gift, the book The Complete Beatles Scores, with full transcriptions of all their songs that are at least reputed to be pretty accurate. (Knows I'm a Beatles fanatic and that some of my favorite gigs are when I get to play with a particular local Beatles tribute band, on some of their rare shows when they are budgeted for and want to use a keyboard player.) Of course I"m cocky/confident enough to think that the parts I've worked out by ear are pretty darn close already, but there are a few that I've found very challenging to "cop" and always wanted to see a good transcription for (including Billy Preston's organ wailing under much of "I Want You (She's So Heavy)") so am looking forward to checking out the book for. Anyway it's just a great addition to the ol' book collection, perfect gift for me!

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

My highlight is a Zoom H5.

Those look very nice, Eric. I just got a H1 for cheap. Use them at work but never tried one yet at home. Time will tell. Anyway, I'm excited about this. Didn't expect it before Christmas but Chris Carroll surprised me. It's a drop in replacement pre amp for my E7 with 3 band EQ and selectable auto wah. Won't get a chance to install it until Monday though.

I'm just figuring it out, but it looks like it has some very nice functionality. Plus, I can buy more mic capsules down the road if need be. With the two line inputs, I can also use it like an audio interface, I believe.

That's real nice that you got that preamp early. :thu: That must sound awesome. :cool: You'll have to post a demo vid!

Bose Soundlink battery powered bluetooth speakers which will come in handy.

Yup. I got one of these last year as a gift. I like it. So I bought two as gifts for family this year. :thu:

http://betanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/bose-600x600.jpg

Yo fellas...I got one for Christmas too. :):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

For some holiday freebie/demo fun, U-he has been messing about.

Protoverb is an experimental reverb based on the idea of a "room simulator". Most algorithmic reverbs try to avoid resonances or model the reflections of sound from a rooms walls. Protoverb does the opposite.

Download Protoverb here...

[video:youtube]

Archived