Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finally got to play a Vintage Vibe EP

Dana.

I was surprised at how Rhodes-like it really is, in the best possible way. Plenty of bell character, and the action is smooth and easy to play.

For NYC-area people who want to play one, Ludlow Guitars has a 64-key silver sparkle top.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, do you have a day job, other than trying out keyboards?

How is this a relevant post? The OP was commenting on a EP that Stevie Wonder plays in concert and that not many list members will get a chance to try out since it is a boutique keyboard.

What difference does it make to this forum weather or not he has a "day job"? :idk

:nopity:

I wish VV would make a Wurli.

It sounds like a Rhodes but outside it is same as a Wurli... :)

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

I tried the one in Ludlow Guitars when I lived in NYC a couple of months ago.

It truly is a remarkable instrument - I was THIS close to buying it, but then I remembered that I was broke ;)

David Dyrholm - Copenhagen.

Rhodes MK II, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Moog Sub 37, Roland Juno 6, Casio PX-5S, MBP w. Mainstage (+ lots of fx pedals).

Endorsed by Casio.

I have the EP, but I'd buy the "Wurly" the day it was available.

The EP is definitely Rhodes like, but, at least with the active version, can be made a little earthier. I can also carry it in its padded case with one hand....it is WAY lighter than a Rhodes.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Brotha D, glad you were able to check out the VV EP some time after work. :D

Happy b'day to both Dave and Scott. You all must be cool cats having the same b'day as my mom. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

And the same date as my dad!! Wow, this can't be coincidence! :D;)

I know quite a few people who have birthdays around this time of year. In fact, it happens every year. ;)

I suspect some hanky-panky was going on around the holidays nine months prior! :love:

I'm all for hanky-panky 'round the holidays. :2thu:

(Perhaps I should tell my wife.) :facepalm:

Party on, Garth. :cheers:

http://carboncostume.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/garthalgar.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I'm all for hanky-panky 'round the holidays. :2thu:

(Perhaps I should tell my wife.) :facepalm:

Columbus Day is the next major one. You gonna set out to conquer foreign lands? Make sure you have enough IPA and little pills for your journey. :laugh:

Happy birthday, Scott, if that is your real birthday. ;) And Happy birthday MomOfProfD!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Well, I have no fricking clue why [url:http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/msg/5235645174.html]this[/url] would show up today. Conspiracy?

And thanks to all for turning the other cheek on post #2.

Here for the gear.

Archived