Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha hasn't released a new flagship synth because ________

Bif_

Just for fun and to see how snarky everyone's feeling today, fill in the blank. I'll start.

Yamaha hasn't released a new flagship synth because even though the design is done, includes built-in SSD with gigabyte ROMPLER, an analog synth and modeling capability, it weighs more than 35 pounds. :roll:

Greg

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...They want to color it red, but they have to wait until Nord goes tits up to do it.

:laugh:

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Time once again for my all-time favorite Onion article:

Yamaha CEO Pleased With Current Production Of Jet Skis, Alto Saxophones, Snowmobiles, Power Generators, Scooters, Golf Carts

HAMAMATSU, JAPANDespite concerns over the recent global recession, Yamaha Corporation president Mitsuru Umemura announced last week that he was content with the current level of production of Jet Skis, alto saxophones, snowmobiles, power generators, scooters, and golf carts. "Initially we thought that the declining global market would result in overproduction of synthesizers, PA systems, DVD players, tone generators, and motocross bikes, but in fact our production quotas were almost perfectly attuned to the market in power amplifiers, heart-rate monitors, signal processors, analog mixers, engine oil, microphones, HiFi systems, and grand pianos," said Umemura, who stressed that his company prides itself on attention to detail. "At the Yamaha Corporation we're focused on one thing and one thing alonequality sound chips, ceiling brackets, editing software, race-kart engines, sport boats, flugelhorns, ATVs, sequencers, outboard motors, conference systems, golf clubs, projectors, MIDI controllers, lamp cartridges, portable recorders, subwoofers, component systems, and motorcycles." The Yamaha Corporation is based in Hamamatsu, Japan.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/HandsomeTramp/smilies/c128.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/HandsomeTramp/smilies/c128.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/HandsomeTramp/smilies/c128.gif

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Yamaha hasn't released a new flagship synth because...

...the 1,000 page Owner's and Reference manuals haven't yet been fully translated into barely comprehensible English.

Yamaha: Motif XF6 and XS6, A3000V2, A4000, YS200 | Korg: T3EX, 05R/W | Fender Chroma Polaris | Roland U-220 | Etc.

____ it's easier to scoop up email addresses by starting a website asking people what they want to see in a new Yamaha synth.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

They lack motifation.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

There's so many reasons:

-They're still shaming each other over the EX5

-Still waiting for FM to be "cool" again

-The Motif is the new K2xxx. Haven't you heard?

-They've run out of new Pianos to Sample

-They like their eggs in separate baskets. What is this Kronos you speak of?

This is where you put your gear list that no one reads anyway!

It's too bad we even have to make jokes about it from a company that as wide as it is deep like Yamaha. Some of us here really like their products.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

It's too bad we even have to make jokes about it from a company that as wide as it is deep like Yamaha. Some of us here really like their products.

I'm not hating them at all, just having a little Friday fun.

I still use my Motif ES all the time and also bought a MOXF6. It's a total blast to play, sounds great and I understand the workflow since it's nearly identical to my ES.

They jumped the shark when they put out the white XF.

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

White is cool.

White works better with stage lighting. Black sucks up light like a sponge. I would have an all white rig if I could get it.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

White is cool.

White works better with stage lighting. Black sucks up light like a sponge. I would have an all white rig if I could get it.

I wouldn't mind black if the lettering would be done In reflective paint.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I'm not hating them at all, just having a little Friday fun.

FWIW, that was the vibe I got - Friday fun! It's good for one's health to loosen up now and then. :2thu:

I was discussing the new Roland modular stuff with some friends last night and was told that Yamaha never actually entered the modular market, not even during the heyday. I have no doubt Yamaha will eventually cook something up to keep up with Korg and Roland, but then again it does indeed dwarf the other two in overall size and involvement in multiple industries.

Yamaha hasn't released a new flagship synth because they're getting ready to close the synth shop. Forty years was enough to make a statement, and it's better to go out when you're on top.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I have no doubt Yamaha will eventually cook something up to keep up with Korg and Roland, but then again it does indeed dwarf the other two in overall size and involvement in multiple industries.

bigger is not always better

Better is best ( redundancy exercise) :)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I have no doubt Yamaha will eventually cook something up to keep up with Korg and Roland, but then again it does indeed dwarf the other two in overall size and involvement in multiple industries.

bigger is not always better

Better is best ( redundancy exercise) :)

Right, I said bigger, not better. I also did not say worse because as stated earlier, I'm not hatin' on Yamaha.

Archived