Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It is here. It is shipping out today

CEB

It has arrived in Ft Wayne and is shipping out today.

I hope it don't suck. I feel sick again.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did you buy?

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Kronos 88. Bought it blind. I couldn't find one in Nashville last month. I thought what the Hell Jordan can play one so it can't be too sluggish.

If this thing works I not going to ever buy anymore keyboards. I can't handle the stress.

I've seen so many vids of Kronoses (Kronii?). I think they're just great, I would probably have one if they made the 76 as a semi weighted for organ like my PC3 76 is. The Kurz is an excellent board too but everything I've listened to on the web tells me the Kronos is better.

I don't know you're taste but I'm pretty sure you'll love it.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Awesome!. Congrats!

Anything in the current rig headed for the classifieds?

I was going to get rid of a Kawai MP-5 but my daughter wants to take that to college.

I'm thinking I will use 2 rigs one for the 10 piece horn band and other for the Pop band.

Pop Band I am looking at using the Kronos and FA-06.

The 10 piece band - S90XS, XK3c/Mini Vent, maybe another synth if I need one but all the more obscure Santana/Coster stuff that called for synth leads are gone from the show and replaced with more classic horn band hits.

Who knows if I really like the Kronos maybe I will use it for the horn band show and use the S90XS at the practice place. The stairs at the practice place are really steep. That is where the MP-5 currently resides.

Awesome - I'm sure you love it. And just think: now you will never need to buy another keyboard ever. Until the next one.

Fixed.

In all seriousness, I just spent about 30 minutes playing the new Kronos 88 at a store. I was curious if it was worth upgrading my original Kronos with the latest $250 sound pack that Korg is offering (with the Berlin Grand and other sounds).

Ed, you're really going to be happy with the new board when it's delivered. I kid you not.

But that stuff about never needing to buy another keyboard? You're not fooling anyone here. Remember who you're talking to - the holy priesthood of I Need To Buy That Board They Just Announced At NAMM.

And just think: now you will never need to buy another keyboard ever.

BWAA HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAH! I told my wife that one in the 1970s. :roll::deadhorse::rolleyes::poke::cop:

Well that explains why you are still playing that stupid old Hammond. Get with the times, already. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/hiding.gif

If this thing works I not going to ever buy anymore keyboards. I can't handle the stress.

since you gig, you might get a 2nd Kronos, a 61.

But no pressure. Wait a month to get the hang of your 88 :)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

It doesn't suck.

It is a lot heavier in the bass than what I am used to. My wrist are tired. I will adjust. I hated the S90XS for a week because it was too light. My hands don't like change. Now I have tonight to set up 18 simple combi and 2 complex ones for a Sunday gig with the 10 piece band.

BTW, when setting up new combis, use the COPY FROM PROGAM in the drop-down menu (top right). If you're combining two programs for example, select the IFXs-ALL USED for both of the copies. The first copy will use IFX 1 thru X and the second time you do COPY FROM PROGRAM, it's smart enough to copy the FXs starting one below X (if that makes sense). You can keep doing this till you run out of open IFXs slots.

Also, I have a Kronos 2 88 on order as well. Couldn't resist the new look.

Busch.

I am trying to be patient with Yamaha but time is running out. More and more people are loving their Kroni and doing things sonically that are out of the Motif's grasp.

Good luck with your new board. I may find myself among your ranks soon.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I'm doing something stupid. Only zone 1 plays both are set to int and play both faders are turned up. Crap.

Any part you want to be played must be set to the global channel. Check if Karma is involved....that can do screwy stuff....try turning on/off.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Shit. That was it.

Thanks a lot. You are great!

Archived