Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond Hall of Fame inductees announced

Phnymiboy

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to argue with that list. Glad that Al Kooper is on it.

And I am sure that Jim A would agree that someone so young and promising needs a long, distinguished career before being eligible. Jim will be there, one day.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Hard to argue with that list. Glad that Al Kooper is on it.

And I am sure that Jim A would agree that someone so young and promising needs a long, distinguished career before being eligible. Jim will be there, one day.

It is a solid list for sure. I like to gripe.

I still think Jim ought to be added sooner rather than later. I bought his whole discography earlier this year and I'm already one or two releases behind. One bad dog, playing, singing, producing, touring, and whatnot.

--wmp

Emerson, Auger, Winwood, Booker T & of course-Jimmy Smith all richly deserved.

One could only imagine how many Hammonds they sold through their playing.

Would love to see the likes of Paul Schaffer and Rod Argent be included in the second class.

And Dave I'm sure one Mr. Lord would have been honored that he was included in this list of great players more so than the lame ass RRHOF.

+1

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

A few exclusions I hate to see but you can't put in everyone or there will be no one left to put in next year. Lenny Dee and Cherry Wainer would have been nice.

One guy who is a multi instrument talent I would personally like to see recognized because he get little recognition is Joachim Young RIP. He was a tremendous talent.

PS - well poo.... Jack McDuff didn't make the cut either.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

They have to save some people for next year...

No Banks so it's not representative IMHO.

Totally recognisable style and millions of albums sold world wide (someone remind Hammond the USA is NOT the world ;) )

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Nothing wrong with the list, but is anyone else getting tired of all the "Halls of Fame" that now exist? So many seems to diminish the purpose.

I see the day when there's a Hall of Fame Hall of Fame, where the people that are inducted are those that have been in more Halls of Fame than anyone else.

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Archived