Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM KC dinner 2014

Dave Bryce

Are we doing it again this year? :thu:

Here's the thing, though - Buca's site says they're booked up the evening of Friday 1/24 - earliest slot available is 9:45. That means if we want to go in there, it's gotta be as a banquet group (that they do have available at 7:30)...but the rules are different, as are the menu possibilities. We'd have to commit to a fixed amount of people, and what food is available to us depends on the amount each of us wants to pay.

Let's start with seeing how many people are sure they can make it.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if I can get a badge this year. If I end up going, I am down and will fully commit to the banquet sitaution. I know that's not an ironclad commitment so it doesn't help much. But this thread is overdue to get started, so let's make it happen.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I would go....but just an FYI, the Hammond Summit is Friday (as it was last year), and though I blew it off to hang with my bros, one of this year's summit stars is....uh, I can't say, but I will say that you kinda want to see it!

Do we have to do it on Friday? If so, earlier the better.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Friday has always been the traditional day.

There are events every night at NAMM. It's pretty much impossible to have it without conflicting with something else. I have two events on Saturday night already...

Having it earlier than 7:30 doesn't work - it takes a while for those of us working the show to get out of the building....and I don't love the idea of rushing it so people can get to another event.

That reminds me - my band is supposed to play at the Marriott bar during the show - I should probably find out when that is...

dB

I'll be at the show, although I'm not sure if I'll stay late enough for dinner. It would be great to meet some of you guys. Let me see if I can work my schedule out.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

Are we doing it again this year? :thu:

Here's the thing, though - Buca's site says they're booked up the evening of Friday 1/24 - earliest slot available is 9:45. That means if we want to go in there, it's gotta be as a banquet group (that they do have available at 7:30)...but the rules are different, as are the menu possibilities. We'd have to commit to a fixed amount of people, and what food is available to us depends on the amount each of us wants to pay.

Let's start with seeing how many people are sure they can make it.

dB

I would love to show up, but have no NAMM badges and at this juncture. I really would love to see everyone, but not sure if I can make this happen.

Not sure if I can get a badge this year. If I end up going, I am down and will fully commit to the banquet sitaution. I know that's not an ironclad commitment so it doesn't help much. But this thread is overdue to get started, so let's make it happen.

That's where I'm at. If I can get a badge, I'm 100% there at the dinner. I brainfarted and didn't even think of it until just now because I've been hammered with work and moving classrooms and a bunch of other stuff. Life is good...just really absurdly busy and being pulled in a bunch of directions.

I will be there and would love to meet everyone.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I'm in plus a few buddies as usual.

RedKey Lounge will be open before and/or after.

We've got to find a way to work in the Hammond Summit.

Even if it means Buca Carry Out or ordering a dozen pizzas and appetizers and hanging at the Hilton.

I don't mind early or late. Really looking forward to hanging with you all again.

I'm in plus a few buddies as usual.

RedKey Lounge will be open before and/or after.

We've got to find a way to work in the Hammond Summit.

Even if it means Buca Carry Out or ordering a dozen pizzas and appetizers and hanging at the Hilton.

I don't mind early or late. Really looking forward to hanging with you all again.

+10

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

The RedKey lounge may be the way to go. :thu:

Everybody's schedule is all over the place, and getting people back and forth to Buca in a limited amount of time just doesn't sound like it makes sense...but having a central place at the Hilton that's easily accessible from the Exhibition Hall where we could hang, order food, bring in our own beverages - that sounds like a much better plan to me. :cool:

dB

The RedKey lounge may be the way to go. :thu:

Everybody's schedule is all over the place, and getting people back and forth to Buca in a limited amount of time just doesn't sound like it makes sense...but having a central place at the Hilton that's easily accessible from the Exhibition Hall where we could hang, order food, bring in our own beverages - that sounds like a much better plan to me. :cool:

dB

:thu:

You know, that sounds good and logical. And fun. We can also walk around and talk to each other easier.

And also, it looks like I've got a NAMM badge now, so count me in for sure for the festivities. Thanks everyone!!!!!

I do find you utterly charming, so I think it's a distinct possibility!

When/where is this? Is it still in the lobby of one of the hotels like it was before?

I thought it was the Hotel Hilton, but then went and second-guessed myself.

Alright, we're on then! We just cruise on down from the RedKey Lounge. Easy.

Archived