Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM KC dinner 2014

Dave Bryce

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great to see everyone. I'm sorry I didn't get over to the lounge more often. Thanks for everything you do RedKey!!

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Great to see everyone - and glad to see Tony was able to travel. I have to agree - I preferred the Red Key lounge to Bucca. It was much easier to hop into a different chair and mingle with different folks.

For those who couldn't make it: I had also gotten a room on the Lanai deck, which is a series of rooms on the 5th floor of the Hilton that open up to one of three very large common-area patios. Anyway, some friends and I were hanging outside the room drinking beers and killing time before I was going to head over to the RedKey lounge. At around 7, I went back into the room, went down the hall and around the corner to find room 5-404, only to discover that the Red Key Lounge was about 30 feet from where we were hanging out. Only had to move the ice chest 10 or 20 yards and boom, done! Doesn't get any more convenient than that. There's still a ton of beer left over, you folks under-achieved! I'm back in San Diego so I guess I'll have to kill these in my spare time. Many thanks again to Dan for hosting the get-together.

As for "pics or it didn't happen" it was pretty dark, it will be interesting to see if any pics came out.

The Hammond thing in the lobby was fun too, although Brian Auger was a no-show, sadly.

:thu:

Very convenient.

Hanging out with everyone at the Redkey Lounge was the most fun part of the NAMM show, I think.

I missed going to the lounge, and going to NAMM in particular. I have been having to do extensive work on my house since the fire I had last month.

Sometimes NAMM can be aggravating, with all the noise and hustle bustle. But I love being in Southern California during that time of year, and have enjoyed visiting Anaheim in particular. I usually spend some additional time in that community shopping at oriental grocery stores or eating first class Mexican food.

I got lucky though... the weather has been unbelievably nice in Oregon ( 55 degrees and sunny for the past 2 weeks). I am having the chance to remodel my house. And have been enjoying the gear that I discovered at NAMM during the past 5 or 6 years.

Sorry I had to miss this time around . The weather and the general feeling must have been outrageous.....

Aimless wandering around the NAMM floor.

We'll start with the disclaimers to save time, save face, whatever.

- This is not meant to be comprehensive. This is simply what I saw that interested me, and nothing more. I didn't even come close to seeing everything.

- Many complimented me about my photography or knew me as "the guy who takes great photos", which I really appreciate. But these photos won't be any of those great photos. No, this is me with a pocket-sized compact camera, buzzing through the aisles while trying not to get run over by people trying to catch a glimpse of Stevie Wonder or tripping over someone's rolling suitcase (can we ban those things?).

Text and lots of photos can be found here:

http://elevenshadows.com/sss/namm2014/

http://elevenshadows.com/sss/namm2014/images/70879kenlee_namm2014-guskenjeff.jpg

Jeff, Ken, Gus

http://elevenshadows.com/sss/namm2014/images/70891kenlee_namm2014-korgms20kit.jpg

Korg MS-20 kit

http://elevenshadows.com/sss/namm2014/images/70896kenlee_namm2014-moogsub37tribute.jpg

Moog Sub 37 Tribute

Sorry I missed the hang this year...had a rehearsal with Brad Gillis and Rudy Sarzo Friday night working up the 1982 live version of Suicide Solution (Ozzy Osbourne fans know this is kinda' a big deal :) )

Great running into Jeff and Ken at the NAMM show, also had a nice talk with Gus at the Casio booth. Yay NAMM!

Great job Thursday night Steve, seems like we could hear you better this year. I would have come Sat night but I decided three nights in a row of standing at a concert for over five hours was too much. My week started with Appice Drum wars , then I also went Friday to the Malone's Cream and other bands event, it was great!

Many complimented me about my photography or knew me as "the guy who takes great photos", which I really appreciate. But these photos won't be any of those great photos. No, this is me with a pocket-sized compact camera, buzzing through the aisles while trying not to get run over by people trying to catch a glimpse of Stevie Wonder or tripping over someone's rolling suitcase (can we ban those things?).

Ken... THANK YOU. :thu:

I can always depend on you bringing back the goods from NAMM!

As always, these are great photos.

But you, of all people, know this:

It's not the hardware... No.

It's the guy behind the hardware that makes the difference!

I am certain the folks who posted in the recent Keyboard Corner photography thread will agree with me.

Really nice work, Ken!

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Thanks for your kind words. I'm just hoping the photos are basically sort of like if we were hanging out for a couple of days at NAMM...this is what we did, this is what we saw.

I didn't get any photos of the KC people at the hang this year. I was having so much fun just talking to people that it never really occurred to me to take photos, and it was really really dark anyway since we were primarily hanging around outside.

Again, I have to thank Dan for his generosity and warm hospitality. Dan is gifted photographer, so I'm hoping he shares some photos with us also.

Hey Guys ,

I'm new here to the forum. Jim Alfredson brought me over to the hotel party Friday night @ NAMM and I just wanted to thank you all for the hospitality and the great hang! Everyone I met was really cool and I had a good time .

I'd love to connect via Facebook with you if we haven't already and keep in touch :

https://www.facebook.com/christian.m.cullen

Thanks!

Christian Matthew Cullen

www.ChristianMatthewCullen.com

Hey Guys ,

I'm new here to the forum. Jim Alfredson brought me over to the hotel party Friday night @ NAMM and I just wanted to thank you all for the hospitality and the great hang! Everyone I met was really cool and I had a good time .

I'd love to connect via Facebook with you if we haven't already and keep in touch :

https://www.facebook.com/christian.m.cullen

Thanks!

Welcome! You might want to Introduce yourself or not. I don't think I ever did. :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived