Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

TC Electronic Sucks

Worth noting that that thread on the other forum has almost 750 views at last check.

Although it seems to have dropped off the front page over there.

Hmmmmm...

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, got an email from the local rep. He wants to meet me at the music store tomorrow to arrange the refund.

Great news! Finally...

It's not great news yet. He still doesn't have the refund money in his hands. Right now, it's just a great promise.

I rock; therefore, I am.

Did they specify that you come slone? Is the meeting place an obscure Italian restaurant or abandoned warehouse? Is it near a river?

You MIGHT want to bring a bodyguard.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

LOL! Danny....he is not going to get assassinated by the italian mafia for asking for a refund!

You have been watching too many Godfather movies.

Of course...they COULD..."make him an offer he COULDN'T REFUSE!"

(LOL! Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

If he does not show up on the board anymore I guess we will know what happened and ask the police to dredge the river!

No rivers here but there is a big a$$ lake.

I'm sure this will finally be the end of it. I'll let you guys know, as soon as I get back, tomorrow.

Aaaaahhh, Big A$$ Lake, up by Knickers Falls...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Well, I finally got my money back. The rep suggested that the plugin was 3rd party and had nothing to do with them. I tried to explain that it was about the customer service...not the plug in. Either way, there were still no apologies for the months of BS I went through. If an Administrator of a forum has to go through this BS, I can only image how difficult it would be for other people.

So, in the end folks, it's lesson learned.

I'm glad A String got his money back, but what a PITA!!!

Even if the software development problem was a third-party issue, IIRC, the software was being developed for TC, not as some after-market product, and the plug-in aspect was touted as part of TC's marketing. All of that suggests to me that TC is still responsible for making sure the end product functioned as advertised. Fail.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Well, I finally got my money back.

Woot!

The rep suggested that the plugin was 3rd party and had nothing to do with them. I tried to explain that it was about the customer service...not the plug in. Either way, there were still no apologies for the months of BS I went through.

They clearly still didn't hear you.

If an Administrator of a forum has to go through this BS, I can only image how difficult it would be for other people.

Indeed.

So, in the end folks, it's lesson learned.

By us, yes. By them? My money is on "not yet."

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

I'm glad A String got his money back, but what a PITA!!!

Even if the software development problem was a third-party issue, IIRC, the software was being developed for TC, not as some after-market product, and the plug-in aspect was touted as part of TC's marketing. All of that suggests to me that TC is still responsible for making sure the end product functioned as advertised. Fail.

I'm suspecting that this whole thing got caught in the market shift away from hardware effects, towards software effects. IOW, TC came up with a brilliant plan to integrate a piece of hardware with VST applicability, brought out the rack unit, waited for the 3rd party developers, then realized that they were behind the curve, the hardware wasn't selling, upper management wanted to cut losses & concentrate on other products, & A String fell into a black hole of neglect, as the company turned its attention elsewhere. But, while understandable, that's no excuse. Somebody, somewhere in some corporate cubicle has to step up, be a man & say "I can tell you what the problem is. The problem is that the company doesn't want to invest any more in making this product work, so the plug is being pulled. But more important to us than anything else is making sure you get satisfaction in every TC experience you have, so we're going to do whatever it takes to insure you go home happy. The software isn't forthcoming, but we'll take the box back for cash, credit, or any similar value product we make, plus we're going to give you something extra for your trouble." There, I just wrote that, TC, & it wasn't that hard at all to figure out how to make a customer happy, if not with the product, at least happy with the the brand, & that's something that advertising can't buy, but good customer relations can.

Scott Fraser

"I can tell you what the problem is. The problem is that the company doesn't want to invest any more in making this product work, so the plug is being pulled. But more important to us than anything else is making sure you get satisfaction in every TC experience you have, so we're going to do whatever it takes to insure you go home happy. The software isn't forthcoming, but we'll take the box back for cash, credit, or any similar value product we make, plus we're going to give you something extra for your trouble."

TCE could do a lot worse than cutting and pasting that into their CS playbook.

Yup. You nailed it. This could have been easily rectified but instead, they dragged it out and only refunded my money after public pressure. After months of trouble I walk away with nothing but my original cash and a bad taste in my mouth. As I told the rep, this was about the customer service.

They made an enemy of me. I'm sure they have lost a lot of sales, present and future with their bad customer service, plus I will continue to be very vocal about this. It will be my on going mission to let as many people as possible know. Anytime I hear someone talk about buying TC, I will direct them to this thread. Hopefully my troubles will stand as a warning to deter others.

So, I'm the guy who gave you your money back today. You should have just talked to us in the first place. It would have been no problem even if it was over the 30 days. Worst possible case is we would have charged you some rent or a restocking fee for the unit.(but not in this situation)

Sometimes folks who aren't in the industry have a strange ideas about the size of some of these companies. Most of them are smaller than you'd expect. By the time it got back to the local level we were all on your side. Ah..the joy of the internet.

Feel free to give us a call if you need us.

Cheers!

:facepalm:

A-String can speak for himself, but if I may be so bold: according to the second post in this thread, he did try talking to TCE months ago and got nowhere.